• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Sophia

The Cabot/Haly discussion about D1 gives me slightly good feelings about cabot, and not so much about Haly. Certainly, I agree with him regarding Day 1.

Zeke is being rather inoffensive. Splinter is not hounding. Sophia is not as aggressive as possible. Deep reads, deep reads.

Indeed. Sophia does not want a repeat of Pokemon Mafia where Sophia went super aggressive and Sophia felt frustrated as a result.

What's the previous relation between the two of you? Because I find weird that both of you seem to post at the same time with similar opinions. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm combing through it now for specifics, but I'm not sure there's anything particularly strange about it given their past history.

cabot

He still hasn't really said much. He's in my list because he is either scum, or not doing much and could be cast off without much worry.

Seems solid enough.

Verelios, give us some opinions. What do you think of francorp?

He's a nice chap, isn't he?

Sophia

So Sophia - haven't seen a manifesto by you or anything this game...what gives?

Goddammit, shoulda refreshed

Ahaha. I'm working on it. Just being slower than my usual self.

I need to re-read over the Ty/Bear reactions. I don't have a particularly strong read on either of them, outside of Bear being slightly aggressive. But my gut is telling me something is up there.

Reading over Verelios here, he seems kind of snarky compared to how he played in Pokemon Mafia (where he was town) so I dunno what to think of it.

Verelios

Yo Ouro, why do you think Verelios is scum?

Yo Verelios, do you still think Ouro is scum?
I don't think he's scum, I do think that some things he did were suspicious as hell thinking in the long run (breadcrumbs, etc)
Seems solid enough.

Verelios, give us some opinions. What do you think of francorp?

He's a nice chap, isn't he?
O..kay? Not much of an opinion on Francorp yet except he seems to be actively engaged on conversation, which is good.

cabot

I don't think he's scum, I do think that some things he did were suspicious as hell thinking in the long run (breadcrumbs, etc)

O..kay? Not much of an opinion on Francorp yet except he seems to be actively engaged on conversation, which is good.

Well you can't say that without proof, you've lost 35 points!

What do you have an opinion on? There's gotta be something in that big bonnet of yours

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey Ouro.... are you always this aggressive when you play?
No. But then again I tend to play differently, at least a little bit, each game. Hell, in Mini Mafia 2 (I think it was that one), I basically just shitposted.

But I'm at least paying attention, regardless of outwards persona.

Tell me everything that makes you uncomfortable in this game so far.

Kyan as a general rule of thumb.

i don't know how to feel about haly. His posts are suspicious because they don't really seem to make a lot of sense, but I can also appreciate his willingness to stick to his story. He is consistent, at least. I would not mind lynching him today.

I can't get a good read on burb to save my life. Is this normal? I don't like it, because I don't really like the unknown. Scares me a bit.

I'm really tired I'm gonna sleep ore

Where did Mazre go? I'm getting s weird vibe from him from his posts, and the fact that he straight up vanished isn't helping.

Verelios

Well you can't say that without proof, you've lost 35 points!

What do you have an opinion on? There's gotta be something in that big bonnet of yours
I'm probably, maybe not, being irrationally suspicious of anyone trying to lead conversation so Melon, Splinter, Ouro, You are high in my watch list. Maybe last game got me shook.

cabot

1. Kyan as a general rule of thumb.

i don't know how to feel about haly. His posts are suspicious because they don't really seem to make a lot of sense, but 2. I can also appreciate his willingness to stick to his story. He is consistent, at least. I would not mind lynching him today.

3. I can't get a good read on burb to save my life. Is this normal? I don't like it, because I don't really like the unknown. Scares me a bit.

4. Where did Mazre go? I'm getting s weird vibe from him from his posts, and the fact that he straight up vanished isn't helping.

1) As I stated before, Kyan seems very much as normal so far, which is bad considering he's been scum every time.

2) This is how I feel currently. I'm not strong on Haly but him sticking to his logic-free guns seemed more akin to a townie with a different mentality than scum. Especially as he's being a big dilly dong wanka idiot. I say that with all the love in the world.

3) Interesting, I've played with Bear before and I don't see too much out of the ordinary here yet, though I have noted your thoughts.

4) Get used to it.

cabot

I'm probably, maybe not, being irrationally suspicious of anyone trying to lead conversation so Melon, Splinter, Ouro, You are high in my watch list. Maybe last game got me shook.

That's funny because I've been staring right at you the entire day.

My eyes are dry.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to go with cabot as town for now. Scum tend to not mind when someone paints a target on their back.

Sophia

No. But then again I tend to play differently, at least a little bit, each game. Hell, in Mini Mafia 2 (I think it was that one), I basically just shitposted.

Huh. I was reading back over Ty's posts to see if he was "covering all his bases" so to speak, which he tends to do as town, and I just noticed you seemed rather aggressive this whole game. Mind you, I don't consider it a scumtell, because I've been aggressive like that before and it doesn't really mean much, but I do like to try and poke around in the heads of the people I don't have strong reads on such as yourself.

As for Ty, it does feel like he's stretching himself a little bit. Like he's at a buffet and just absolutely has to try out everything. Not sure what to make of that.

Huh. I was reading back over Ty's posts to see if he was "covering all his bases" so to speak, which he tends to do as town, and I just noticed you seemed rather aggressive this whole game. Mind you, I don't consider it a scumtell, because I've been aggressive like that before and it doesn't really mean much, but I do like to try and poke around in the heads of the people I don't have strong reads on such as yourself.

As for Ty, it does feel like he's stretching himself a little bit. Like he's at a buffet and just absolutely has to try out everything. Not sure what to make of that.

He was certainly everyone's friend in DP for whatever that is worth.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Indeed. Sophia does not want a repeat of Pokemon Mafia where Sophia went super aggressive and Sophia felt frustrated as a result.

You weren't the only one, sis.
HdYwQSA.png

Sophia

Kyan as a general rule of thumb.

i don't know how to feel about haly. His posts are suspicious because they don't really seem to make a lot of sense, but I can also appreciate his willingness to stick to his story. He is consistent, at least. I would not mind lynching him today.

I can't get a good read on burb to save my life. Is this normal? I don't like it, because I don't really like the unknown. Scares me a bit.

Where did Mazre go? I'm getting s weird vibe from him from his posts, and the fact that he straight up vanished isn't helping.

As far as Haly goes, to be honest... I'm not particularly gut scum reading him. My head is saying "Lynch him for the stupid suggestion of mass claiming", but I'm not feeling that lynch so... : \

He was certainly everyone's friend in DP for whatever that is worth.

Aye, that's the impression I get here now, kind of. I don't like it.

How would like things being handled on D1? We got passive in Pokémon and scum used that to their advantage.

I'll never forget you, fellow useless doctor.

Had almost forgotten the heartache and shame.

We'll show em who won't be protected.

From that post specifically? No. I think Kyan claiming ordinary town is about as game-relevant as me voting Cabot or you being suspicious of me in your opening post. These are running gags, not gambits.

So, Meta? I've only played with Kyan once. That makes sense I guess.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know what you're referring to here?

But you're probably right about cabot

It's understandable the mass claim suggestion was unpopular, and why people are giving me the sideeye right now. Usually, when someone goofs like that scum will just watch it play out rather than interfere. After all, better me than any of them. Anyone really willing to engage on a poor play is someone who actually cares about that play's consequences.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to him throughout the other games, but Ouro tends to play aggressive from what I've seen. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.

Ty4on

How does covering my the bases and stretching myself differ?

I was burned a bit by focusing so much of my time tunneling in on townies in Pokemon and barely reading scum's posts.

What's your read of Burbeting? From what I've seen you find him aggressive and scummy, but nothing more detailed than that.

franconp

Did Barrylocke gave any thoughts about anything at all? It's impossible to make a read when there's nothing to read. It's suspicious at least.

The same can be said of TheGoddamn also.

Verelios

It's a balance sure, but I'm looking for Loud people who have a lot to say yet weird reactions, and as of now it's Ouro.[/QUOTE

That's kind just Ouro being Ouro.

What reactions of his have stood out to you as weird?

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to him throughout the other games, but Ouro tends to play aggressive from what I've seen. Nothing out of the ordinary so far.
Maybe that's how he usually plays, it just stood out to me.

Top Bottom