• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Sophia

How does covering my the bases and stretching myself differ?

I was burned a bit by focusing so much of my time tunneling in on townies in Pokemon and barely reading scum's posts.

Oh, sorry. They don't differ. I'm kind of using them interchangeably.

And dully noted. You did kind of focus a lot in Pokemon. I actually tired too hard to cover all my bases there, so I'm trying to do the opposite and let my gut speak for me this time.

cabot

1519058_o.gif

VOTE: TheGoddamn

Offer some thoughts when you see this, pal.

Ourobolus

Banned
How does covering my the bases and stretching myself differ?

I was burned a bit by focusing so much of my time tunneling in on townies in Pokemon and barely reading scum's posts.

What's your read of Burbeting? From what I've seen you find him aggressive and scummy, but nothing more detailed than that.
I do think he is a bit more aggressive than usual, and his reaction to Kyan's ordinary town claim is a little weird. Of course it is D1 and I don't have any hard evidence, but still it's enough to give me pause.

Sophia

Same as always. But I'm getting real suspicious about how Mazre bolted without a trace.

Hmmm.

VOTE: Mazre

I'm not 100% convinced he's scum, but he's got the most red flags out of everyone here.

The thing that stood out about Mazre was that, beyond his vote, there was a thinly veiled "Fuck Day 1" mentality in it.

Re: Why I think there's no cop -

This is mostly wishful thinking, I have no evidence of such I just think games without them or games with unusual cops are more interesting. In the absence of any confirming evidence I choose to assume there isn't one for now.

If I'm working from the assumption there is no cop then the suggestion of a plan that relies on one is potentially scummy behavior. Is it a strong case? Absolutely not, but here we are on day 1 again.

That worries me the most... but is it a scum action on it's own or just shitty town play? *shrugs*

Ty4on

Oh, sorry. They don't differ. I'm kind of using them interchangeably.

And dully noted. You did kind of focus a lot in Pokemon. I actually tired too hard to cover all my bases there, so I'm trying to do the opposite and let my gut speak for me this time.
What is your read of me then? You first mentioned it was townie of me to cover all my bases, but then that you didn't know what to make of me here.
I do think he is a bit more aggressive than usual, and his reaction to Kyan's ordinary town claim is a little weird. Of course it is D1 and I don't have any hard evidence, but still it's enough to give me pause.
I agree the focus on the ordinary claim being a slip is a little weird.

Sophia

What is your read of me then? You first mentioned it was townie of me to cover all my bases, but then that you didn't know what to make of me here.

I agree the focus on the ordinary claim being a slip is a little weird.

Oh. Shit. Sorry, I just realize I misspoke and meant to say scum there. ><;

Anyhow, I don't particularly have a strong read of you outside of that. You're as hard as you ever are for me. Which is actually kind of frustrating. :\

Verelios

I'm hesitant to lynch someone because they're slow to react since that's a good way to mislynch, so hopefully Mazre comes back

Ty4on

Oh. Shit. Sorry, I just realize I misspoke and meant to say scum there. ><;

Anyhow, I don't particularly have a strong read of you outside of that. You're as hard as you ever are for me. Which is actually kind of frustrating. :\
Ahh, now I understand what you meant :p

I'm not sure where to put you either. You don't really feel that different from Pokemon apart from less activity, but there haven't been any standout townie posts to make it look like you weren't coasting scum. You seem to have been giving out more opinions/reads as the day progressed tho which I like.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count:

Barrylocke (2)
Ouro
Ty4on

Mazre (2)
Xamtheking
Bronx-Man

*Splinter (1)
nin1000

nin1000 (1)
Haly

melonrabbit (1)
Mazre

AbsolutBro (1)
Burbeting

Ty4on (1)
Mazre
*Splinter

TheGoddamn (1)
cabot

Verelios (0)
Ouro
cabot

Ynnek7 (0)
cabot

Kyanrute (0)
Burbeting

Haly (0)
Ty4on
cabot

12 votes for majority
red_1476385200.png

Sophia

Are we not doing "Phrasing?" anymore?

Hmm?

I'm hesitant to lynch someone because they're slow to react since that's a good way to mislynch, so hopefully Mazre comes back

In the interest of fairness to the rest of the players, Mazre's behavior is unproductive for us, so we're not exactly in a bad spot if we do mislynch him. That being said, I'd rather vote for him because I think he's scum, not because of unproductive behavior.

Ahh, now I understand what you meant :p

I'm not sure where to put you either. You don't really feel that different from Pokemon apart from less activity, but there haven't been any standout townie posts to make it look like you weren't coasting scum. You seem to have been giving out more opinions/reads as the day progressed tho which I like.

One/two combination of the fact that I've been busy a little bit, and I'm also trying out a different approach to my usual playstyle. I'm still not sure where I want my vote to be right now.

Also, I feel like I don't have much of an opinion yet on the following players: Xamtheking, Mazre, AbsolutBro, EzekelRAGE, TheGoddamn, *Splinter, nin1000, Barrylocke

Some of them have posted (Splinter) and I just need to go back and read more, others haven't posted a lot or seemingly haven't offered strong opinions on anything. Ezekel is a blindspot for me, in particular.

Sophia

Sophia, what are your thoughts on my scum list?

*shrugs*

It's still Verelios, Barrylocke, Xamtheking, Ty4on, Burbeting right?

Already voiced my thoughts on Ty and Burb, likewise, Verelios seems snarkier than I remember him being but I'd have to check his posts again. I actually can't meta-read Xam that well, but his posts are really safe for Day 1. Not confidence inspiring, although I did notice Splinter was arguing a lot of technicalities and details with him. If one or the other flips scum, I'd say take a look at who remains to see if that was friendly scum banter in the main thread or not.

Finally read it all. I feel even stronger about Haly than I did before for basically the same reasons cabot, Sophia, etc had along with my initial thoughts on him suggesting a mass claim early on being 2zany4scum.

dDXNGc.gif

Well, I expect Splinter to lie of course.

What would your answer be to the question?
Lying about it feels gambity and I'm always hesitant about that sort of play as it can get distracting.

The idea itself is interesting but it feels risky. I hear Burbburbs parable and it's something I can see happening with mafia members overtime. Preventing scum from figuring it out from all the info involves more complex movements and again, potentially gambity behavior. Maybe I'm overly harsh about "clever plays" but it's almost always a turn off for me.

*Splinter

Already voiced my thoughts on Ty and Burb, likewise, Verelios seems snarkier than I remember him being but I'd have to check his posts again. I actually can't meta-read Xam that well, but his posts are really safe for Day 1. Not confidence inspiring, although I did notice Splinter was arguing a lot of technicalities and details with him. If one or the other flips scum, I'd say take a look at who remains to see if that was friendly scum banter in the main thread or not.
It would also be interesting to see if you had an ulterior motive for linking us here.

franconp

Barry can you tell us top 3 scum for you? If you can top town too. Just to know your opinion on people.

Right now I don't have much to read from you and I would like more info to form an opinion before the deadline.

franconp

Barry can you tell us top 3 scum for you? If you can top town too. Just to know your opinion on people.

Right now I don't have much to read from you and I would like more info to form an opinion before the deadline.

The same request for TheGoddamn.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Burbeting, Mazre and Ouro are my tops.

Mazre

I don't know what kind of explanation some of you are expecting. In absence of hard information I made an assumption and weighed individual actions against that assumption and cast a vote. Gotta start somewhere and that was a simple way to narrow things down, I'm very much open to other arguments for how to proceed and am willing to drop said assumption should evidence to the contrary arise.

Haly

Any reasons why you scum read Burb?

Same reason as Mazre. Seems too inoffensive to be town. Town is generally quick to emotion and are prone to rise to challenge, even the ones that tend to be laconic, because they have less going on to occupy their attention for the game. It's scum that will, unless they're very good, seem distracted, almost bored, in conversation.

Haly

Your avatar reawakens my trauma. The sooner it's gone from this game the better.

Ty4on

Same reason as Mazre. Seems too inoffensive to be town. Town is generally quick to emotion and are prone to rise to challenge, even the ones that tend to be laconic, because they have less going on to occupy their attention for the game. It's scum that will, unless they're very good, seem distracted, almost bored, in conversation.

Mazre is inoffensive? The same Mazre who voted for whomever came up with the peeking strat because he didn't like it?

Haly

This is what meets "inoffensive" by my standards. He didn't even get it right the first time. He had to be corrected by the person he was trying to accuse.

Verelios

This is what meets "inoffensive" by my standards. He didn't even get it right the first time. He had to be corrected by the person he was trying to accuse.
I think rather than inoffensive, it was an off the cuff remark...Basically he said the first thing that came to his mind

Ty4on

Any other "inoffensive" statements?
I think rather than inoffensive, it was an off the cuff remark...Basically he said the first thing that came to his mind
Do you read anything into that?

Top Bottom