• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What exactly convinced you that Ouro was neutral?

His laser focus on Verelios coupled with Ezekel's counterclaim of WM. The last time I've seen a vendetta this blatant was, surprise, a lyncher. And at the time it worked.

nin1000

Banned
Oh and I love you too melon. I was getting freaked out that you did not town read me at the beginning of the game. Glad we sorted that out :*

Ty4on

Yup. It's unfortunate too, because I'm reading over Ty4on now and suddenly am very curious to converse with him.
How do you feel about this game so far?
I actually somehow totally missed this between trying to keep up with the ongoing game and catching up on 31 pages of backlog so that's totes my b, b. S0rr-E! ^_^;;

That said, I do think it's h311a lamesauce that most people seem to be their vote on me on a combination of sins of the father and one bad vote I made upon my first day as a replacement while attempting to catalogue reads AND going through a backlog. I'd like better justifications moving forward cuz it'd be sooperdooper easy for baddies to just jump on the bandwagon at this point.
Could you elaborate on your read of WAMD and have you gotten a better read of AB?

The way you posted yesterday made it seem like you had a decent idea of the game.
His laser focus on Verelios coupled with Ezekel's counterclaim of WM. The last time I've seen a vendetta this blatant was, surprise, a lyncher. And at the time it worked.
He seemed to focused IMO to be neutral or scum. I'm extrapolating from scum Ouro, but he always struck me as terrified of being caught. I thought neutral Ouro would play similarly and town read him for his play yesterday. People were posting theories left and right and none of them scared him.

Sophia

How do you feel about this game so far?

To be perfectly honest, I don't have that strong of a read on who the remaining two scum team members might be.

For example, I can kind of see the progression that

Haly mentions here, but it doesn't seem very... indicative of alignment despite that?

I'm also a bit surprised that both Ezekel and Verelios turned out to be scum, but seeing that Ouro lied about his roleclaim it makes sense now. Knowing that Ezekel fell for Ouro's bluff I'm kind of wondering how the other remaining members of the scum team played their hand.

Haly

He seemed to focused IMO to be neutral or scum. I'm extrapolating from scum Ouro, but he always struck me as terrified of being caught. I thought neutral Ouro would play similarly and town read him for his play yesterday. People were posting theories left and right and none of them scared him.

If he was a lyncher and fulfilled his victory condition, it wouldn't matter if he was "caught". Basically my thought process went:

Ouro claimed to be cop
Ezekel counterclaimed WM
Ouro is likely lying about some part of his role, no one would fake counterclaim in a game like this
What kind of role would he have where he wants Verelios dead at all costs to the point where he'd risk a counterclaim?
Lyncher

Ty4on

If he was a lyncher and fulfilled his victory condition, it wouldn't matter if he was "caught". Basically my thought process went:

Ouro claimed to be cop
Ezekel counterclaimed WM
Ouro is likely lying about some part of his role, no one would fake counterclaim in a game like this
What kind of role would he have where he wants Verelios dead at all costs to the point where he'd risk a counterclaim?
Lyncher
I think it would matter if he were lynched yesterday.

Ty4on

To be perfectly honest, I don't have that strong of a read on who the remaining two scum team members might be.

For example, I can kind of see the progression that

Haly mentions here, but it doesn't seem very... indicative of alignment despite that?

I'm also a bit surprised that both Ezekel and Verelios turned out to be scum, but seeing that Ouro lied about his roleclaim it makes sense now. Knowing that Ezekel fell for Ouro's bluff I'm kind of wondering how the other remaining members of the scum team played their hand.
You didn't seem very happy for a townie who'd just gotten two scum killed by D3.

I kind of agree with the last post though. The bad counterattack by Ezekel seems to also indicate a scum team in disarray. They had an attack vector, but didn't know how to abuse it.

Haly

I think it would matter if he were lynched yesterday.
And when I proposed "would you mind being lynched first?", because a Lyncher can't fulfill his victory condition if they're not alive for the lynch he said:
If we're really gonna go that route, then fine. But if I go, lynch both Verelios and Zeke.
This is exactly what I would've expected from a Lyncher. I thought it was a bluff and I was going to call him on it.

*Splinter

Who's your top scum, lover.
I don't know.

I find Fran's theory interesting. I think Vere's power would have been used N1 and we know the blocker was out of play already. When we hear from the doctor (not asking for a claim) it might be worth considering who was more likely to be targeted by scum. Fran - lynch Stan. Doctor's target - that person gets some town points.

I don't like AbsoluteBro at the moment. I feel like he's been defending himself all game, and his timely turbo makes me think he wanted some credit for the scum lynch.

Apart from that... I guess still Ty/Burb? I don't feel good about those reads though.

I've been trying to figure out Cherry Bomb. There's some things about the case against her I don't like: kyan was scumread for being kyan, and "Kyan is always scum" - I feel like this is getting too caught up in meta jokes and not actually a sensible way to read someone. Also she voted Ouro, this is being used against her but I can't decide if that makes sense. By the time she joined, wasn't town widely in favour of lynching Ouro? With Zeke already somewhat exposed, I'd expect the remaining scum to play it safe.

Given our current advantage, I'm not against lynching her "just in case". I'm not optimistic about her flipping scum though.

*Splinter

I'm adding melon as a pure gut read. There's something about her prods (to me specifically) that I can't put my finger on but makes me very uneasy.

Sophia

You didn't seem very happy for a townie who'd just gotten two scum killed by D3.

I kind of agree with the last post though. The bad counterattack by Ezekel seems to also indicate a scum team in disarray. They had an attack vector, but didn't know how to abuse it.

The biggest issue with Day 2 is that I couldn't see a logical outcome that made sense for all parties involved. Turns out, Ouro had gone for a risky gambit that I dismissed. So while I'm glad we got two scum out of the deal, especially thanks to Nin shooting Ezekel, I'm also having to rethink the approach the scum team was taking. Not helped by the fact that I was busy for most of Day 2 outside of the game.

I need to relook over the votes against Cherry Bomb... but uh... they feel a bit weak? Like a lot of people voted pretty quickly there without much to say on it. This includes one person I was previously town reading (Burb) due to their discussion.

At the same time...

Besides, if I were a baddie, why wouldn't I have done anything to steer things away from a teammate who had both a red check and was so close to being turbo'd? An 0uro lynch was extremely unlikely yesterday, but I placed my vote on him anyway bcuz he's who I felt strongest about at the time and that's all there is to it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The logic here doesn't really make sense to me? If Cherry was scum... why wouldn't she have tried to steer thingsa way from a teammate? Even though she technically did just that despite voting for Ouro? Am I understanding this right?

Oh and I love you too melon. I was getting freaked out that you did not town read me at the beginning of the game. Glad we sorted that out :*

We were on a break.

I'm adding melon as a pure gut read. There's something about her prods (to me specifically) that I can't put my finger on but makes me very uneasy.

I just missed you is all.

I also agree with you on this Cherry business, if that helps any.

kingkitty

With only a day left, I'm putting my vote down for Haly. Compared to Splinter (who I also labeled as scum in my reads, but also conceded that it almost feels *too* obvious), Haly is comparatively more subtle and blendy, but still scummy in my mind. Therefore, I feel it's time for Haly to turn into gravy.

vote: Haly

*Splinter

What do you mean by this?

*Splinter

The logic here doesn't really make sense to me? If Cherry was scum... why wouldn't she have tried to steer thingsa way from a teammate? Even though she technically did just that despite voting for Ouro? Am I understanding this right?
I think its meant to say "why would I..."

I agree it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Burbeting

Banned
With only a day left, I'm putting my vote down for Haly. Compared to Splinter (who I also labeled as scum in my reads, but also conceded that it almost feels *too* obvious), Haly is comparatively more subtle and blendy, but still scummy in my mind. Therefore, I feel it's time for Haly to turn into gravy.

vote: Haly

Pot calling kettle?

Burbeting

Banned
I'll need to go through Cherry's latest posts and the new votes on her, before responding to your question, cabot.

A vote count would be appreciated.

Sophia

I think its meant to say "why would I..."

I agree it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Yeah it makes sens that way, although it doesn't really clear her either as it's easy for scum to say that.

Splinter, what do you think of Ty right now? I still need to go over his Day 2 stuff, but I can't place him.

Haly

I don't even know if KK/Goddamn did anything this game. Time for a good old fashioned OMGUS.

Vote: kingkitty

On day one, I felt as though AB was the better target; his votes felt inconsistent and his vote jumped around quite a bit. I'm in class right now but later I will go over my vote. But that's basically it. I had a pretty good feeling Ynnek was town, and the focus one zeke felt, at the time, like AB trying to latch onto an inactive player just to justify a vote.
I cannot speak to "inconsistent", but my vote was only ever in two places: EzekelRage and Ynnek. It never "jumped around quite a bit".

Just want to clear that up.

Sophia

Hmm... just a gut read huh?

Hey Xam, do you have an opinion on anything? Or are you just going to make snarky comments? :p

And when I proposed "would you mind being lynched first?", because a Lyncher can't fulfill his victory condition if they're not alive for the lynch he said:

This is exactly what I would've expected from a Lyncher. I thought it was a bluff and I was going to call him on it.
I am sorry, I do not really understand this. "Would you mind being lynches first?" There are two options:

A. "Sure but go for x/y later" is apparently what you expect from a lyncher.
B. "No, I will not let you lynch me first to prove anything I say."

How is one more expected than the other? I suppose there is options C.: ignore the question, but that is generally more scumread than A or B.

Hmm... just a gut read huh?

Hey Xam, do you have an opinion on anything? Or are you just going to make snarky comments? :p
I am of the opinion that Cherry is scum
Her D2 post seems like she was trying to distance herself (I know she said it was just a quick run through, which is reasonable, but not mentioning Verelios, the hot topic, in any capacity seems suspect)

Sophia

I am of the opinion that Cherry is scum
Her D2 post seems like she was trying to distance herself (I know she said it was just a quick run through, which is reasonable, but not mentioning Verelios, the hot topic, in any capacity seems suspect)

So you're saying she distanced herself by... voting Ouro, who was town? How is that distancing herself?

franconp

I just went to say that Xam today is acting just as a mafia player who losed 2 partners so quick would do: remaning very low and posting tiny bits so he draws a lot of attention on himself.

Haly

I am sorry, I do not really understand this. "Would you mind being lynches first?" There are two options:

A. "Sure but go for x/y later" is apparently what you expect from a lyncher.
B. "No, I will not let you lynch me first to prove anything I say."

B is the "I'm obviously a Lyncher!!!!"
A is the "I'm trying to hide my Lyncher ways"

A depended on his conviction to be lynched first, and I thought Ouro's was weak. I was going to town-read/neutral-read him based on how convincing his willingness to die first was.

... again how does voting for Ouro do that?
The vote against Ouro is not 100% why I'm voting for Cherry
If it were, I would be following up on all the people who voted against Ouro
While I do find other people suspicious (like Splinter*), I'm more suspect against Cherry because she didn't even reference Verelios at all, unlike all the other Ouro voters

Ourobolus

Banned
ZjJcNeV.png

oh yeeeeeaaaaah

the attention

it sustains me

Sophia

The vote against Ouro is not 100% why I'm voting for Cherry
If it were, I would be following up on all the people who voted against Ouro
While I do find other people suspicious (like Splinter*), I'm more suspect against Cherry because she didn't even reference Verelios at all, unlike all the other Ouro voters
I just went to say that Xam today is acting just as a mafia player who losed 2 partners so quick would do: remaning very low and posting tiny bits so he draws a lot of attention on himself.

Hmm... what do you think, Fran? It is true that Cherry didn't mention Verelios at all.

Burbeting

Banned
Okay. Time to do Cherry Bomb analysis

Firstly: Kyan was being himself in the short time he played. This is not exactly helpful, since he has only played scum before this game, so his acting might be him just being him, or him being scum kyan.

Anyway, time to look at Cherry.

Day 2:

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220223209&postcount=1585 A short introductory post, nothing too special. Introduction to her role playing character as well, which I appreciate so that the tone in later posts won't become a surprise.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220249027&postcount=1700 I went through this post already before, and my thoughts haven't really changed. It's weird how Verelios is ignored. I should also point out, that the reasoning she has here to prefer Ourobolus lynch over Zeke lynch seems rather weak. Why was it suspicious for Ouro to tell people to target Zeke during the next night phase, again?

Day 3:

www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220404437&postcount=1805 This post has bit of a fillery undertone to it. Cherry definitely implies that Ouro must have had a cop-related 1-shot power or cop somehow communicating with him. I'm unsure how likely those assumptions are.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220468217&postcount=2031 Here is Cherry defending herself. The lack of time argument I can see, so that's fine in my eyes. What does bother me is how she frames the whole "Ouro lynch was extremely unlikely yesterday!" I disagree here, at the time she put her vote on Ouro, it wasn't as clear cut as she made it out to be. There was lot of arguing back and forth between voting Verelios and Ouro, especially visible with me and *Splinter arguing about it. As for her reads, I'm rather confused about her putting WAMD as top town, as WAMD is definitely more of a null-read/flying under the radar type of player right now. It's also weird how Cherry mentions *Splinter as top scum candidate, yet does not even mention his D2 Zeke/Vere defence force act.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220540913&postcount=2098 This post feels defensive for me. "How dare you be suspicious me! I hope you have better reasons going forward!" I don't know if it's necessarily a scum-tell, though. A frustrate townie could easily say this.

franconp

Hmm... what do you think, Fran? It is true that Cherry didn't mention Verelios at all.

Being honest I don't remember. Now I'm at work on mobile so if someone quotes the post I will reread.

I do find strange how quickly she got votes this day phase. To me it's like an easy kill. Kyan looked scummy(I said it in my first post the second day) but it was mostly because he didn't draw attention to himself. Cherry made just one post, so it's weird.

We are 2 town down vs 2 mafia down. Most likely we have taken half the mafia team. I think we should be bolder and not go for the easy lynch, the one that if it flips town gives no reads.

Top Bottom