• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, December 6th

Let's test it.....Nintendo Wii U #1 best selling console in November!! Playstation Vita sales up 2183% YOY, now the best selling handheld in November!!

The best part about this is I'm not even sure a 2183% YOY increase is enough to beat the 3DS...what did the Vita sell last November?

Elandyll

Banned
tumblr_nppyuhRH0b1rkb81so1_500.gif

NPD Group's November 2016 results are in, and as expected hardware sales surged during the month. Although the specific figures aren't publicly available, Microsoft made no mention of being the top-selling console for the month, something it has been very outspoken about during every month it has "won". Combined with preliminary data showing the PS4 on top, this effectively confirms that the PS4 won the Black Friday 2016 war.

They know as much as we know, except Mat.

Good. Both consoles should be that much.

I can see Sony making that the official price after the Holidays.

They just dropped the price from $349 to $299 with Slim. They are not making $249 price offical just like they did not make $299 price official after last years holidays.

Electret

"Competition is good". [Insert other sales thread platitudes here].

Really curious about the numbers. Due to price and bundles I'd expect XB1 > PS4S, but since PS4P + PS4S > XB1, I'm betting the PS4P numbers are pretty good.

I await a detailed analysis from hans.

Welfare

Now while it sounds like they lost, no YoY talk does not mean it is down. They didn't say October was up yet it was.

sense

well at least there wont be any meltdowns from the Sony fanboys or arrogant sony comments or people saying UHD was a huge blunder this month from the MS fanboys

ethomaz

Banned
MS

We have seen strong momentum for Xbox One since announcing the new Xbox One S at E3 in June. That momentum continued in November as gaming consoles were once again among the most sought-after products to buy over Black Friday weekend. In addition, we saw record engagement among Xbox One owners on Xbox Live as fans enjoyed new games and great deals. In fact, the total players online on Sunday, Nov. 27 was up 40 percent compared to last year. If you missed the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, we are pleased to be extending our $50 off offer on all Xbox One S consoles for a limited time starting Dec. 11 at participating U.S. retailers. And if you're looking to pair your new Xbox One S with a brand new 4K TV, we're partnering with many leading retailers, including Best Buy, where you can save $150 and get a free Xbox Wireless Controller when you buy an Xbox One S with select 4K TVs.

They back to MAU.

Chobel

Looks like MS are going to drop the price $50 on the 11th.

Really? So I can finally make fun of this

microsoft just revealed their first nation wide december promotion

just a merly additional controller with every console purchase for one week. last yeas, they pricecut $50 again just one week after blackfriday / cybermonday for 3 weeks.

this is one more indication of either strong demand, low stock or a mixture of both. so the one is selling at a good enough pace for microsoft. whatever those internal estimates and performace goals are....

LMFAO!

Top Bottom