• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, December 6th

so i lost.
xbox one is down YoY

being down YoY In november also means xbox one will likely be down yoy for the full year and fall behind x360 in yearly us sales for the first time

watdaeff4

Now while it sounds like they lost, no YoY talk does not mean it is down. They didn't say October was up yet it was.

I imagine both are down due to the reasons that Cosmic mentioned and that neither said it.

I think if MS was up they would have mentioned that Along with their usage numbers being up. Consolation PR

ethomaz

Banned
so i lost.
xbox one is down YoY

being down YoY In november also means xbox one will likely be down yoy for the full year and fall behind x360 in yearly us sales for the first time
It was a bit obvious XB1 will be down this November... you were the only one fighting back with against evidences.

I believe PS4 will be flat but it can probably be down too.

this is one more indication of either strong demand, low stock or a mixture of both. so the one is selling at a good enough pace for microsoft. whatever those internal estimates and performace goals are...
tumblr_inline_obddivLYdW1qderj8_500.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Eh, it's probably going to be very difficult to get hardware numbers today, unless (just like for creamsugar) a miracle happens. Maybe we could see Nintendo releasing a PR with YOY % growth for 3DS thanks to Pokémon, as well as...uh...general non-Pokémon software growth + Mario Party (I feel it didn't do that much to earn a PR mention though), but they spoke about Pokémon sales not that much ago, so it's possible they feel another PR would be redundant.

sense

" In fact, the total players online on Sunday, Nov. 27 was up 40 percent compared to last year"

lol, now i need to know if they are comparing Sunday Nov 27,2016 to Friday Nov 27, 2015 because obviously it would be higher!!!

score01

Legit surprised. Thought MS would take Nov as well due to the poor choice of UC4 bundle and low PS4 Pro interest.

so i'm right low supply for the xbox one s.
many skus are still sold out at some retailers.

and it's obvious microsoft will match the ps4 slim pricecut and not being $50 more expensive the last 2 weeks before christmas

LMAO

I think you meant "demand" instead of "supply".

It was probably because of lower than expected demand, not because of supply. People like Abdiel have already said they've been doing good supplying the stores.

Basic economic principle says when supply is low and yet there is still demand, you don't drop the price. You drop the price when supply exceeds demand to try to boost demand.

Quentin

Banned
MS PR reminds me of my boy when played pick up hoops together. In wins he would brag like he was Kobe or Jordan

But

When we lost and everyone knows he played subpar. Dude would bring up how many rebounds or picks he set. We would all look at him like who dafuc keeps track of stats in a pick up game lol

and it's obvious microsoft will match the ps4 slim pricecut and not being $50 more expensive the last 2 weeks before christmas

LMAO

You're right, unlike "strong demand" and "low stock" "price match" is the obvious reason, indeed.

Chobel

LMAO

Oh my, please continue.

ethomaz

Banned
Legit surprised. Thought MS would take Nov as well due to the poor choice of UC4 bundle and low PS4 Pro interest.
This doesn't even makes sense.

Uncharted Collection bundle last year was the best selling bundle of November and Black Friday way ahead the others.

Why did you thing U4 bundle could be a poor choice???

I can bet with anybody here no bundle sold more than U4 bundle in November... like it sold twice the others bundles at minimum.

And what about Pro low interest? Really? Do you live in what world?

Poor choice of bundle? The best game on the system packed in at a lower overall price? The Pro also confirmed to be selling very well by sony themselves? Your hunch sounds like premium eyeballing.

MS PR reminds me of my boy when played pick up hoops together. In wins he would brag like he was Kobe or Jordan

But

When we lost and everyone knows he played subpar. Dude would bring up how many rebounds or picks he set. We would all look at him like who dafuc keeps track of stats in a pick up game lol

The best part is that the number of set picks is not even a real stat that is kept even in professional basketball or any kind of basketball.

Wait. Nichols is "XBox marketing boss"? I thought that was Greenberg?
he is VP
greenberg is boss

It's time to stop.

yeah. the 1tb BF1 and 500gb Minecraft Bundle being sold out at amazon the whole december so far is a sing of too much supply.

not to mention the already sold out gears 4 limited edition bundle, when last year the halo 5 limited editiom console was available into spring.

it's time for you to finally contribut something substantial for the fist time ever

demigod

But

LMFAO this is golden.

MAU's are back!!!

Top Bottom