• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, December 6th

I think what got me considering it was reports that CoD didn't sell as well as Black Ops III (I think 50% less or so?), but like I said in my previous post that's probably still a huge number lol

Also the reports of Pokemon Sun/Moon being the biggest and fastest Nintendo title ever in the Americas with 3.7 million copies sold in two weeks.

But it could be as simple as the numbers just always being insanely high for CoD even if there was a 50% drop. Hell CoD probably did 3.7 million in less than a week lol

BOIII sold ~4.6m units at retail last year

Hmm...and that's with a PS3 and 360 version, correct?
corect, but without bundle sales
this year tho, there is no cod bundle in the us, so it won't matter

the split last year:
xb1 ~42%
ps4 ~41%
360 ~11%
rest is ps3 and pc(not meaningful in any way)

Kyrios

If I recall correctly, those skus were butchered (MP only) and did very little/were dad at retail.

Ohhh yeah that's right, I remember that now! lol

corect, but without bundle sales
this year tho, there is no cod bundle in the us, so it won't matter

the split last year:
xb1 ~42%
ps4 ~41%
360 ~11%
rest is ps3 and pc(not meaningful in any way)

Gotcha, thanks for the info, so PS4 was 41% because bundles aren't counted I assume.

the limited edition BOIII bundle sold ~250k last november

i expect between 2 and 3 million call of duty launch month sales this year.
no more last gen, increasing digital share and the overall decline for the series are potential negative impacts
early discounts is the only potential positive impact on this years performance vs last year.

at least to my knowledge and understanding.

DayEnder

I remember the worry of things being down last year. And then PS4 and X1 said, "Bitch, please".

My guesses are probably way too high. What was I thinking...

3Qrd9MF.jpg

Ohh, right...I wasn't and posted in the last 3 mins.

Pretty sure I nailed the NES numbers though.

Haven't we been saying this is the year that all consoles generally decline though? So a YOY drop would be expected no? I forgot if it was the 3rd or 4th year in a console's life

Haven't we been saying this is the year that all consoles generally decline though? So a YOY drop would be expected no? I forgot if it was the 3rd or 4th year in a console's life

the first year, xbox360 declined in the us was full year 7.
right now we're in full year 3.

the xbox360 was an outliner obviously.
afaik full year 4 is the general decline. year 3 is peak

noobie

Banned
They did announce best sales in Playstation history for BF. What that means in relation to the completion we don't know.
I think they talked about worldwide and not USA specific. So it's entirely possible that they had the best sales period worldwide and not the best sales in USA.

AmyS

OléGunner;226226306 said:
Nice discussion the last couple pages.
Do we get hardware results tonight?

I forgot today is Thursday, so hopefully something will break around or before 5:00pm eastern.

Norse

They did announce best sales in Playstation history for BF. What that means in relation to the completion we don't know.

Was that just ps4 or did that include "PlayStation" family with pro, slim, and vr all included? And revenue or units? Revenue would seem to be easy considering 2 @ 399 each and one at 299 if its the entire PlayStation family.

Norse

I forgot today is Thursday, so hopefully something will break around or before 5:00pm eastern.

Hopefully both with announce best revenues ever for November. Course that won't help us with units so we'd be screwed lol.

Unknown?

Was that just ps4 or did that include "PlayStation" family with pro, slim, and vr all included? And revenue or units? Revenue would seem to be easy considering 2 @ 399 each and one at 299 if its the entire PlayStation family.
It was just PS4 so Slim and Pro. Revenue would seem hard as the big mover was cheaper than ever before.

Stanng243

PS4 and PS4 pros are both considered PS4s.

I was wondering, as a numerical analyst, what kind of fields of maths do you utilise? Is it mainly statistics? Anything about numerical optimisation?

The range of it is basic math, along with some correlation stuff and some multivariate regression stuff. My job is to find the stories in the data that help clients better understand the market and how they can apply the findings to their businesses. We have data scientists that do all of the heavy lifting and more advanced modeling, projecting, etc. My job is to know how to use what comes out of the data factory and apply it to business needs. I don't even know what numerical optimization means if that helps.

Buuuut, since you posted a John Wick gif, I'm going to go out on a limb that all of that is a cover up, and you're actually a NPD hitman waiting for the wrong person to leak the wrong thing.

Natural to think that I guess, but I'm not involved in data security. I post here for fun and because I've always wanted to and never really could when I was in publishing. I get it though, trust is an earned thing, normal to be suspicious and all that.

Playstation Vita sales up 2183% YOY

I bought one yesterday, so who knows, this might be true for December.

Begaria

The range of it is basic math, along with some correlation stuff and some multivariate regression stuff. My job is to find the stories in the data that help clients better understand the market and how they can apply the findings to their businesses. We have data scientists that do all of the heavy lifting and more advanced modeling, projecting, etc. My job is to know how to use what comes out of the data factory and apply it to business needs. I don't even know what numerical optimization means if that helps.

Buuuut, since you posted a John Wick gif, I'm going to go out on a limb that all of that is a cover up, and you're actually a NPD hitman waiting for the wrong person to leak the wrong thing.

Let's test it.....Nintendo Wii U #1 best selling console in November!! Playstation Vita sales up 2183% YOY, now the best selling handheld in November!!

Welfare

*generic tease line that alludes to one console potentially winning dispute not having data but you don't know that*

Top Bottom