• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Louis Wu

JaggedSac said:
Ok, thats what I thought. Although, I seem to remember an xml feed that had player stats in it.
There was one, during Halo 2. Not sure why it disappeared. Like I said, though, I think it's coming back. :)

Gui_PT

Bungieware said:
This song (preferably the version from the trailer) needs to be on the OST:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kQ14HGgJAw

The guy here is playing it a little bit too fast. The song is by Human Worldwide for the Birth of a Spartan live action, but I think it fits with the halo universe perfectly.

The piano actually sounds very similar to this from ODST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVrhU-yD8Y&feature=related

This is very important. Do you have a link to the song used in Birth of a Spartan?

Gui_PT

Bungieware said:
Unfortunately not, what's on youtube is all I could find.

I did however find the website of the people who did the music for it whilst searching. Turns out they have an different extended version of the trailer on their website. It appears spartans cry blue tears....who knew

http://www.humanworldwide.com/flash2007/default.htm?reelid=387

Wow, that's the first time I've seen the full full version. Thanks.

Cannot unsee the smilie face formed by the windows at the end though.

Louis Wu

Bungieware said:

I did however find the website of the people who did the music for it whilst searching. Turns out they have an different extended version of the trailer on their website. It appears spartans cry blue tears....who knew

That was awesome - contained a few very provocative scenes I'd never seen before. Thanks!

WJD said:
I always get the worst fucking randoms.

A whole bunch of good players here on HaloGAF.

As for this weeks customs I'd suggest:

Warmup Midship FFA
Bladed's Warlock 3.0 (Newest one?) Multiflag 5flag. Oldschool.
Sanctum Team Snipes.
Tournament (foundry evolving 1v1 map thinger)
BTB Instagib.
Pit Slayer.

Basically anything without fucking vehicles on Crapalanche. :D

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Gui_PT said:
Wow, that's the first time I've seen the full full version. Thanks.

Cannot unsee the smilie face formed by the windows at the end though.

Me too, that was awesome! I remember watching extended versions on youtube and it still wasn't the whole thing apparently. :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
xxjuicesxx said:

Warmup Midship FFA
Sanctum Team Snipes.
BTB Instagib.
Pit Slayer.

This, the whole time and I would be happy. :D

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:

Warmup Midship FFA
Sanctum Team Snipes.
BTB Instagib.
Pit Slayer.

wow, if this happens I'll be there.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
There's always a variety in the gametypes at Customs, from BTB to MLG stuff. Can't please everyone all the time but we do try to cover most of the bases.

Monocle

Prine said:
My amazement comes from the depth and polish of Reach visuals. They've nailed the art, everything feels organic. After 10 years of perfecting the universe and adding layers of history and explanations we have a realm full of little details. The curved armor and machinery of the covenant was a bit generic looking during Halo, but they kept it and ran with it. We now have designs that i cannot fault. It should be generic, it should look mechanical and predictable, space marines in combat suits, rainbow colored aliens, yet it looks fresh and cohesive. One of most stunningly rich sci fi universe artistically.
Great post. I agree.

After seeing the first trailer for Reach, I was concerned that Bungie was going to use the drab color scheme so common in modern shooters. It turns out they muted Halo's characteristically vivid palette only in human settings. The latest trailer shows how the palette has actually expanded. The boldest colors, now that they aren't plastered onto every surface, seem even more rich set against the natural environment of Reach. Glossy purple Covenant machinery and neon plasma bolts create especially strong contrast. Bungie has made the aliens feel more alien even as they grounded the humans in a grittier reality, and this is reinforced by everything from the documentary-style cutscene camera to the grimy multiplayer medals.

It looks like Bungie has done a great job of using color to tell Reach's story. Add that to Halo's art style, now impressively refined, and you have one beautiful game.

Sydle

Bungie has really stepped up their game in presentation. This is one of the most beautiful looking games I've seen.

I'll be on Customs tonight and I'll try and find at least 1 good Classic Halo/Halo2 Remake for us to try out before we start the map steamroll of BTB, berber creek, Lazlso's awesome map variants, and 1-Flag on Longshore with Needler Secondary. :lol

I'll even spend the next hour testing them out and tweaking the spawns/weapons for GAF's taste .

Mik2121

So.. uhm. It seems like the customs have already started? At least a few of us (5) are already playing. Lots of fun! And this is my first HaloGAF :_) But i'm still a n00b and getting my ass kicked all the time, haha

EDIT - Oh come on this is not fair! This is the first time I ever play on this map.. :(

Lazslo

Mik2121 said:
So.. uhm. It seems like the customs have already started? At least a few of us (5) are already playing. Lots of fun! And this is my first HaloGAF :_) But i'm still a n00b and getting my ass kicked all the time, haha
I think I was just in your game but I'll be going on for reals in about 20.
xxjuicesxx said:

Warmup Midship FFA
Sanctum Team Snipes.
BTB Instagib.
Pit Slayer.

I like the way you think. Jucies go on in like a half hour if you want for Warm Ups. I'll do some epic game variants fo' sho.
Multi Flag AR on SandTrap with all BR's taken off Map
Cuban Legend said:
I'll be on Customs tonight and I'll try and find at least 1 good Classic Halo/Halo2 Remake for us to try out before we start the map steamroll of BTB, berber creek, Lazlso's awesome map variants, and 1-Flag on Longshore with Needler Secondary. :lol

I'll even spend the next hour testing them out and tweaking the spawns/weapons for GAF's taste .
All I saw was 'Laszlo's awesome map variants. You are very correct sir. I will be seeing
owning
you shortly.

Mik2121

Lazslo said:
I think I was just in your game but I'll be going on for reals in about 20.
Yep, that one!.

Anyway, we just played this one map I didn't even know.. (I've only had Halo for about 6 days.. didn't have time enough to play them all yet!). Got my ass horribly kicked, with only 2 or 3 kills... :(

zumphry

Banned
Cuban Legend said:

It's a long shot, but could you maybe check out my (now hilarious) remake of Blood Gulch/Coagulation on Valhalla, Engorged? If not, no big deal, I'm sure people would rather play something not made by a deranged crack monkey who thinks he can forge/edit a map. :lol

Trasher

Alienshogun said:
I originally did it for Astro A40 speaker tags. Circle T keeps improving it and moving it on to other things.

30acdac.jpg
How are you gonna get this on your A40s? Do you send your image in to Astro and tell them or how does that work? :lol

I have the A30s. The tags are the same size right?

feel

Bungieware said:

This was very nice, wonder why they didn't release this definitive version instead of the other "extended" that made the rounds back then.

I'll try to join the customs tonight.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Trasher said:
How are you gonna get this on your A40s? Do you send your image in to Astro and tell them or how does that work? :lol

I have the A30s. The tags are the same size right?

There's a beta customizer page in the Tags page. I uploaded the HaloGaf image up to the Camo background and added HaloGAF text to the top. The image you see there is the final result direct from their site.

A30s are a little smaller. If you want the HaloGAF image let me know, I'll email it to you so you can setup your custom tag.

Edit: Thanks Wu!

Edit2: Here is the original image you can use.

14nffbn.png

Mik2121

Uhm.. the custom game is a bit laggy, but dunno if it's because of me or someone else. When we were playing 6 there was no lag, and after joining the other party it got laggy. Someone got any idea who might be?

Louis Wu

dilatedmuscle said:
Is it too late? i contributed mine but i dont know if it was too late since sometimes the times displayed on websites are off my current time :/
Nah, you're good. Still 2 hours to go. :D

Lazslo

Louis Wu said:
Nah, you're good. Still 2 hours to go. :D
Wu any chance you'll grace us with your Spartan presence this evening?

Batting Practice has started- Jump in if you want. Dax you better go on tonight, it's not Saturday Night Customs without me being able to tell you to 'Shut the fuck up'.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
xxjuicesxx said:

Warmup Midship FFA
Sanctum Team Snipes.
BTB Instagib.
Pit Slayer.

Damn, I can't wait to get in on this next weekend! I'm picking up my new 360 this week (last night didn't work out, but I just found out my local indie gameshop can special order one for me, and I have tons of credit there, so it's for the better). So psyched. I haven't had a good (i.e. non-random) Halo match in almost two years!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Trasher said:
Wow that is awesome. Didn't hear about this. I may have to come up with something. Thanks for the info. You too Alien!
You slow son of a bitch you let an old man beat you! ;)

Some sort of TJ tag perhaps...

If you want to make a tag from scratch be sure to download the template, it's located at the top right.

Edit: Hey! I wasn't slow! I had my brother, his fiance, and my niece over for dinner! :D

Louis Wu

Lazslo said:
Wu any chance you'll grace us with your Spartan presence this evening?

Batting Practice has started- Jump in if you want. Dax you better go on tonight, it's not Saturday Night Customs without me being able to tell you to 'Shut the fuck up'.
I'd love to - but there's too much going on here. No Halo for me, I don't think. :(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
-Yeti said:
Customs is really fun so far. I never realized how bad I actually am compared to some of you guys. :lol
First game I am top scorer, second game I am bottom scorer. A perfect demo of my consistency.

Top Bottom