• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2064: Read Only Memories devs tell Trump voters to skip their game

AngryNeox

Neo Member
USA is so funny.

I think this quote sums up my view pretty nicely:
"While you self-involved fools were policing the language at the Kids' Choice Awards a mad man talked his way into the White House."

#hewillnotdivideus ... or not, that's too late I guess.

Good luck to you anyway :)

This is a weird comment. You're saying people don't have the right to hate people for no good reason? Of course they have the right. Granted, it makes them an asshole or worse. But they have that right.

Well, "right" wasn't the best word, since as you said they have the right to think whatever they want, but the sentiment was these same people would have no issue criticizing direct discrimination, yet defend indirect (and arguably worse, as it's large scale and systemic/institutional) discrimination

soccergod

Banned
They're not preventing you from buying and/or playing their game, so its not discrimination.

Also the irony on calling discrimination, when trump's administration is actually discriminating.

The act of discrimination has absolutely nothing to do with politics/legal rights. Its the treatment of an individual belonging to a group that yes, extends into that area. Calling someone gay and spitting on them is discrimination, nearly killing a person for voting for the person they voted for, is discrimination, just verbally abusing/insulting someone because of their beliefs/race/views/sexual preference is discrimination. In other words, yes the act of telling a group of people who voted for someone to fuck off, is in fact, by definition, discrimination

Maximus P

Dems will buy the game to support

I don't get this. What are people actually supporting by buying this game blind based purely on the comments on twitter? That they agree with them? Surely that money would be better off in a charity or the ACLU if they were anti-trump.

diaspora

The act of discrimination has absolutely nothing to do with politics/legal rights. Its the treatment of an individual belonging to a group that yes, extends into that area. Calling someone gay and spitting on them is discrimination, nearly killing a person for voting for the person they voted for, is discrimination, just verbally abusing/insulting someone because of their beliefs/race/views/sexual preference is discrimination. In other words, yes the act of telling a group of people who voted for someone to fuck off, is in fact, by definition, discrimination

No, telling someone to not buy something for choosing a racist is not the same as assault/battery/racism/homophobia.

USA is so funny.

I think this quote sums up my view pretty nicely:
"While you self-involved fools were policing the language at the Kids' Choice Awards a mad man talked his way into the White House."

#hewillnotdivideus ... or not, that's too late I guess.

Good luck to you anyway :)
Haha! Yeah man, so funny! I'm glad that this mess is just confined to the US and isn't already impacting the rest of the world!

:)

13ruce

Banned

Even if the person being voted for destroys their own country and sets it back a few decades?

Woorloog

Banned

What interesting mental gymnastics. Basically "Let me be hateful little shit or you're discriminating against me".

White fragility and all that, i guess.

EDIT OH, and i forgot "Don't call me out or you're the real racist" or something like that too.

packy34

And like I said before, anyone who supports racism, xenophobia, homophobia and/or misogyny deserves to be told to fuck off. Discrimination isn't always unwarranted; not every viewpoint deserves to be listened to or understood. Some things are objectively evil.

NightStalkerCB

Neo Member
"no better than each other?"
Umm, if a bunch of people are standing around taking turns saying "Fuck women. Fuck gays. Fuck Muslims. Fuck Mexicans. Fuck blacks..." and so on, and then say Ninja Scooter walks by and says "Fuck all you guys," I'm not going to think Ninja Scooter is anywhere near the same level of scum and villainy that the group of assholes is on. At first glance, he is most assuredly better than those guys.

Im sorry I've yet to see anyone in this thread say "Fuck women, fuck gays, fuck muslims, etc." I've only witnessed "Ninja Scooter" Saying fuck all Trump supporters. Saying all Trump supporters are bad is like a Trump supporter saying all Muslims are bad.

I dont like these type of comments. Telling someone to "fuck off" based on its electoral decision is, well, "fascist". We have all to calm down a bit...

Why are you so offended? They're just practicing their right of free speech, if you don't like it then don't support them. Free Market remember

and being a Trump 'supporter' isn't just based on their electoral decision, they based it on his rhetoric and behavior towards Muslims, Mexicans, blacks and other minorities

if you don't like it then go somewhere that supports Trump's positions

borges

Banned
And like I said before, anyone who supports racism, xenophobia, homophobia and/or misogyny deserves to be told to fuck off. Discrimination isn't always unwarranted; not every viewpoint deserves to be listened to or understood. Some things are objectively evil.

You are not getting the point of his comment.

soccergod

Banned
No, telling someone to not buy something for choosing a racist is not the same as assault/battery/racism/homophobia.

homophobia is in fact, the EXACT same thing as trump-voter-phobia. It is discrimination against a group of people, no matter if you agree with them or not it is by definition discrimination.

Phu

Banned
I dont like these type of comments. Telling someone to "fuck off" based on its electoral decision is, well, "fascist". We have all to calm down a bit...

Yeah, we should just relax and hope the blood doesn't spill into the hot spring.
/s

diaspora

Im sorry I've yet to see anyone in this thread say "Fuck women, fuck gays, fuck muslims, etc." I've only witnessed "Ninja Scooter" Saying fuck all Trump supporters. Saying all Trump supporters are bad is like a Trump supporter saying all Muslims are bad.

No, saying everyone in a particular religious faith as bad is not the same as saying everyone who supported a racist dude that mocked the disabled as bad.

homophobia is in fact, the EXACT same thing as trump-voter-phobia

There's no such thing.

All Trump supporters are bad, because by voting for Trump they are basically saying "All Muslims are bad". He ran on a campaign of racism. Anybody who voted for him endorsed that, so I feel 100% comfortable saying every single one of them is shit.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Voting for Trumpnis a vote for the hat he has said and has done. Telling those people to fuck off is a pretty much the nicest thing to be said at this point.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Really bad move from this developer, should have take a stand against Trump decision, not the supporters.

I am gonna give you a gift of warning based on my personal experience and my nation history, you don't educate others about their bad choices and principles by trashing and shaming them, that won't work, you are just polarizing people and siding more and more with trump.

The point is that Trump supporters did exactly that by voting this man into office. You can't say they didn't know he would do these things when he's doing exactly what he campaigned on. There's no plausible deniability here for them. They knew what he represented and voted for him anyway. They weren't duped - not when it comes to his discriminatory policies, anyway.

Snagret

Here it is, folks. The zenith of stupidity.

The act of discrimination exists in U.S law and is codified as such, alongside protections against said practice and scenarios where discrimination is applicable if the government or state body is able to meet the accepted standards of review. I don't know what you're on about conflating what an individual can do against what a state can legally do without infringing upon the rights afforded to you under the constitution.

Trump's government is engaging in the legal kind of discrimination. That's a thing. Pretending it's not doesn't make it so.

soccergod

Banned
No, saying everyone in a particular religious faith as bad is not the same as saying everyone who supported a racist dude that mocked the disabled as bad.

There's no such thing.

yeah there's no such thing yet its on full, display in this thread? Ok then not even bothering with that logic /s

packy34

You are not getting the point of his comment.

His "point" is irrelevant. He's trying to bridge the gap between a developer asking Trump supporters not to buy their game with physical violence towards social groups. It's a dumb argument and I'm purposefully choosing to not give it any merit.

I don't support the president (in case you missed my post that I voted against him). I also don't support all of these executive orders he's been coming out with. However, I also don't put people on blast that decided to vote for him. Are there racists that voted for Trump. Of course. Does that mean all folks that voted for Trump are racists? Don't be silly. Unfortunately, Trump pulled a lot of voters in because people are sick of the same old politicians lying their asses off and doing nothing. Now we're stuck with Trump.

I want to hear your opinion on a simple thought experiment.

Take one of these Trump voters who isn't a racist, regularly interacts with minorities and is generally friendly towards them. How many of these people do you think they interact with in a day? In a lifetime? Thousands? Tens of thousands at most. So they are personally friendly and supportive of tens of thousands of minorities and people of different groups than them.

Well let's look at the power a single vote has. With just a single vote, they have enabled a person who, with a single order, was able to disrupt the lives of half a million people in a single day.

I'm sure these people want to do the right thing, but their acts don't exist in isolation and the math heavily favors them screwing over more people than they'll ever help.

borges

Banned
Why are you so offended? They're just practicing their right of free speech, if you don't like it then don't support them. Free Market remember

and being a Trump 'supporter' isn't just based on their electoral decision, they based it on his rhetoric and behavior towards Muslims, Mexicans, blacks and other minorities

if you don't like it then go somewhere that supports Trump's positions

Im not offended, not sure where you get that from my comments. Im not even american, i for sure would have not voted for Trump in any case.
Fascism is what you do in your last line, see: "if you don't like it then go somewhere that supports Trump's positions".

diaspora

homophobia is in fact, the EXACT same thing as trump-voter-phobia. It is discrimination against a group of people, no matter if you agree with them or not it is by definition discrimination.

Wrong, discrimination requires unjust or prejudicial treatment. Telling Trump voters to fuck off on the basis of his behaviour, and racism is by definition not unjust or prejudicial.

Top Bottom