• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld dev says journalist talk of player dropoff is 'lazy' and it is fine to stop playing once you complete it, unlike most GAAS games

MiguelItUp

There's such a thing as playing a game to completion, or to endgame, and you stop playing with the intent to revisit when there's more there. Everyone shouldn't be expected to grind and play a game 24-7, that's just not realistic. But that also doesn't mean a game is "dead" or is "dying", there are just lulls that should be expected in-between content. Especially if the game can be completed, there's no new game+ or endgame content, etc.

Ozriel

M$FT
I agree that person who couldn't read a simple graph probably needs to go to remedial math class.

Can you believe they thought a numbers going down over time was good 🤣 honestly I haven't laughed like that in years. And this person considers themselves a functioning adult. Like I said they clearly live in imagination land.

Pretty much every game declines from peak CCUs eventually. That’s standard.

What’s abnomal is you crying over this game because Pokémon broke your heart. But you should be happy. Looks like millions of people listened to you

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Dev is 100% right. And for fucks sale, this game isn’t a GaaS. There are literally zero transactions to be made. The game is still in preview mode. Most of us have gotten the majority out of what the preview build offers and have moved on. And some of us will return when/if the game does come out of preview mode and more content is released.

I’ve focused my attention to a true GaaS, Helldivers 2. And I say that happily.

cireza

I personally dislike this trend of making negative news about games, for example "Game is getting bad reviews" or "Game has less players".

At which moment did we become such assholes that newsing about something failing, or not being as successful as before, became news worthy ?

Top Bottom