• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade devs on why the protagonist is sexy: "That's what players want most of the time"

Guilty_AI

This game Stellar Blade is clearly aimed at perverts.
People like me will play it despite that
__shiki_eiki_and_the_rock_touhou_drawn_by_step_arts__sample-65e3846e3cea91a441f54bd9b27dfff1.jpg

Shin-Ra

Doesn’t young Ellie in TLoU2 look different because, apart from the PS4 rendering advancements they blended some of Ashley Johnson’s face in to make the facial performance capture less uncanny.

In TLoU, remastered and Part I all the facial animation was done manually.

Eiknarf

Banned
Doesn’t young Ellie in TLoU2 look different because, apart from the PS4 rendering advancements they blended some of Ashley Johnson’s face in to make the facial performance capture less uncanny.

In TLoU, remastered and Part I all the facial animation was done manually.
Yes
Plus Ellie looked too much like Ellen Page from Juno in the original TLOU, and she came after ND. So they added more Ashley Johnson, like you said

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

Yes
Plus Ellie looked too much like Ellen Page from Juno in the original TLOU, and she came after ND. So they added more Ashley Johnson, like you said
I think the Ellen Page complaint was about the debut (Spike VGA’s) version of Ellie, which Naughty Dog tweaked, replaced the trailer and Ellie portrait.

WcevWuE.jpeg

"After delving further into the game's narrative over the past few months, we decided to modify Ellie's model to better reflect Ashley's personality, and also resemble a slightly younger teen more fitting to the story," said creative director Neil Druckmann last May.

"We're happy with the final result shown in the cinematic we have released today, and hope the fans like her too."

For your information Eve is not based on the Korean model. Her body is based on the real model, but her face was hand made. She was not face scanned. This was confirmed by the game director in a recent interview.

I also like the design of the emo looking girl that looks like came out of a Kojima Production game. Shes looks badass.

And i also like when "cute little ppl like you" call others perverts for liking to see a sexy and atractive character in a videogame.
Nothing is based on her. Clearly her face is “hand made” she looks like a porcelain doll while the others looked face scanned, hence more realistic.

Yes the “NA:tive” is an example of good character design. She is no less “sexy” than the main character. Her face looks more realistic, her choice of armor makes more sense, she oozes cool.

I said aimed at perverts. The game isn’t shy about it at all. Why pretend sexualizing the character at all times isn’t the main objective. LMAO. Not to say that you're a pervert if you enjoy the game. Game still has a ton of potential. I don‘t think Playstation picked it up simply for the ass shots.
it seems you just want to "argue" for the funsies
ChorizoPicozo says “Why so Picozo?”

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nothing is based on her. Clearly her face is “hand made” she looks like a porcelain doll while the others looked face scanned, hence more realistic.

Yes the “NA:tive” is an example of good character design. She is no less “sexy” than the main character. Her face looks more realistic, her choice of armor makes more sense, she oozes cool.

I said aimed at perverts. The game isn’t shy about it at all. Why pretend sexualizing the character at all times isn’t the main objective. LMAO. Not to say that you're a pervert if you enjoy the game. Game still has a ton of potential. I don‘t think Playstation picked it up simply for the ass shots.

You act just like those freaks on resetera, waste their time on how the game is "perverted" but in the end they themselves gonna play the game anyway....but just act all high and mighty about it and smelling their own farts.
d69w4tr-71493f69-ae7f-4efa-84e5-f8149336da3c.gif

Last edited:

Tommi84

This “NA:tive” character is better in every single way. Her face is not some uncanny porcelain doll. The silhouette of her curves are still in her armor. She doesn’t seem like some overpowered stripper.
ae26682371f9962eee81eca9e91ed991d431cdde.gifv
Wouldn't it be funny if this was also the MAIN CHARACTER just wirh a different chsir style and armor ;)?

CGNoire

It actually give Appleseed vibes. A manga from the same author.
In fact he looks like one of the Bioroid Elders from that franchise.

Note that there are several attempts at making anime from Appleseed, and each new attempt got worse and worse. So just read the manga and avoid the anime.
I liked the 1st film.

CGNoire

I think the Ellen Page complaint was about the debut (Spike VGA’s) version of Ellie, which Naughty Dog tweaked, replaced the trailer and Ellie portrait.

WcevWuE.jpeg

I personally never thought she looked close enough to ellen page to even bother mentioning and have always distrusted the eyes of those who did.

No that’s just an observation. Model she’s based on is 30 and looks so. Animated model caked up, but they are going for an unrealistically young face. there’s nothing inherently wrong with a voluptuous Ariana Grande character. My criticism isn’t how she looks. This “NA:tive” character is better in every single way. Her face is not some uncanny porcelain doll. The silhouette of her curves are still in her armor. She doesn’t seem like some overpowered stripper.
ae26682371f9962eee81eca9e91ed991d431cdde.gifv

So it’s the contrast between her model and her counterparts that I have a criticism of. Rest look realistic. No different when I got kicked off Resetera for mentioning similar observations with Ellie. Mentioned her face looked incredibly off in part 2, and model didn’t match any other character in the game. “Eve” looks uncanny just like Ellie did. And got accused of “projection” by cute little people like you. Except Ellie looked uncanny for a few seconds.
wdSGdmX.jpg

This game Stellar Blade is clearly aimed at perverts. Don’t have to be one, to have interest. But it’s not ashamed of Eve’s part time job as a stripper. People like me will play it despite that, if the game is any GOOD.

First time I saw it, I thought it was some sort high budget Metroid. But the developers seem more interested perverting the character as a selling point, rather than the game’s gameplay. Game looks like it has great graphics. But nothing tells me it’s not just “Genji: Days of the Blade”, but with the character’s ass being the main objective of the camera.
When I read your post, I pictured you sitting in a vintage chair next to a moderately lit fireplace, dressed in a robe, wearing an ascot and pair of slippers, while sipping on a glass of red wine like an absolute snob.

Clearly, Stellar blade must be as sophisticated as a Hemingway novel anything else is gutter trash.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
I personally never thought she looked close enough to ellen page to even bother mentioning and have always distrusted the eyes of those who did.
It wasn’t just what she looked like. It’s how she behaved, and even how she spoke!
I mean her tone of voice and her inflection is exactly like the young Ellen Page in the movies that I was literally watching at the same time that the original TLOU game came out.

It was a culmination of things that made her very much Ellen Page

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Wow!
Twelve years ago IGN was having a fit?? I had no idea this was going on in 2012:

“Large breasts = must be a bad game”

And over Bioshock Infinite, no less!!! Jeez.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wow!
Twelve years ago IGN was having a fit?? I had no idea this was going on in 2012:

By that logic Dragon‘s Crown is a bad game?

giphy.gif

Edit: also….
gwynevere-dark-souls.gif

Last edited:
Shouldn’t the sensitive, annoying, woke type be happy? The lead is not a Caucasian Male! We play as an Asian Female!!

Shouldn’t that be satisfying enough?
Asians are not counted. In fact for woke crowd, Asians are not even people. Asians don't victimize themselves, and that makes everyone else look bad. You can't accept that Asians exist AND be woke, because if you did, you would be forced to have 40% Asian representation. In a Woke crowd scene you would need to have one Chinese, one Indian and one SE Asian for one of each other group members.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Damn
I’m not seeing any demo. Either via the app or the console

And I’m in America
Yeah, they pulled it out, it looks like America was a bit too fast this time. We should have the worldwide release a bit later.

Wow!

The classism at the start of the article is interesting*: "Men who like female breasts eat cheap food."

*Stupid and predictable

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not the type of game I'd ever bother playing, but will keep a tab on Stellar threads for the laughs as it pisses off people who hate T&A.

Last edited:

CGNoire

You dont know what the word pervert means. You should look up the definition.

Top Bottom