• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Stellar Blade Drama Part III - Korean fashion magazine Maxim responds: "Eve's body type is indeed realistic and exists in reality."

ssringo

I don't necessarily have a problem with unattractive characters but they can't be unappealing. That can be through overall appearance, design or gameplay.

A good example is Jesse Faden from Control. While I wouldn't say she's ugly, the changes from Courtney Hope definitely make her less attractive; perhaps bordering on unattractive. But overall she's quite appealing due to everything else about her design and the game itself. In fact, talking about her made me want to play Control again...

Rikku-X

I don’t get western culture now, i prefer to gaze at eve model, the other woman looks unattractive with her weight and all that chemical bleaching and piercing. She’s also too “loud” for me

Why times have changed and im a bad person for preferring eve model?
I'm pretty sure almost everyone would. And I'm pretty sure she weights less then one of her legs as well.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For the people saying Eve has not real life body just look any Black tape video on You tube

NSFW :

Eve Will get and 7 score compared to some of those real women

24:00 mark might be the hottest blonde I've ever seen. And right after her for you big flappy tit lovers is a brunette whose hilltops sway like the wind.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If IGN saw that video they would start to have seizures from all the shrieking they would be doing lol.
80S Mind Blown GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes is overall.
I would had never guessed all those SA countries would be near the top. Ya, everyone's heard of Brazilian butt jobs, but it's got to go beyond that. I wouldnt had thought SA people in general would have enough money to afford this, unless its dirt cheap to do it there(?).

Last edited:

Alebrije

I would had never guessed all those SA countries would be near the top. Ya, everyone's heard of Brazilian butt jobs, but it's got to go beyond that. I wouldnt had thought SA people in general would have enough money to afford this, unless its dirt cheap to do it there(?).
It's dirt cheap and obviosly dangerous , there are tons of cases of Dead women due to cheap threatments , doctors , lack of regulations...

There a better places than others by example Costa Rica in general has more secure procedures than most of countries , a Lot of people from Europe and U.S. go there because is cheaper than thier countries but get the same.or even better results for their the threatments.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
No its not cheap at all ... and still is for the middle upper class..but Brazilian woman and south american in general are very much into cosmetic treatment and appearance in general... so everything from gym academy, plastic surgery, fashion , chosmeatry and etc itd pretty much a good business overhere ....

We also have some very good plastic surgery formations ... (aside from USA) we lead the world in formation/school for plastic surgeons and we operate people from all over the world.

I already did surgery from patients from spain, germany, japan even USA .. well you get the gist .. this helps inflate the numbers since the REAL is a cheap coin and we have very good palstic surgery services.. people tend to come here to operate .

By the way the brazilian butt is a surgery perfomed outside brazil.. here we only call it Butt surgery or gluteoplasty to be more exact 😁

Last edited:
This has to be the most boring and over-discussed topic ever. For real, who the hell cares. It’s not this massive controversy that needs weeks of picking apart.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Absolutely hilarious the response to all of this. From what I gather: if a developer chooses to make a main character masculine and less traditionally attractive, or adds a few curves to an existing design it's wokeness and trying to push some agenda. If another developer makes a main character that is conventionally attractive in a way that causes dissonance with the world and gameplay on offer: "So stunning. So brave."

. . .seriously, this culture war that just won't fucking die is a rot.

*Nightwing

Seems not too many people are familiar with SK's deeply anti-feminist culture
They are.

I don’t think you realize feminism is dead and equality between sexes reached long ago. This performative circle jerk is just the death throes of it. The reality South Korea culture embraces is the future

Boss Mog

Absolutely hilarious the response to all of this. From what I gather: if a developer chooses to make a main character masculine and less traditionally attractive, or adds a few curves to an existing design it's wokeness and trying to push some agenda. If another developer makes a main character that is conventionally attractive in a way that causes dissonance with the world and gameplay on offer: "So stunning. So brave."

. . .seriously, this culture war that just won't fucking die is a rot.
:pie_eyeroll:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Well between Sweet Baby Inc, Black Girl Gamers, Resetera as a whole, community managers in many gaming companies, and several others showing their ass over this game I'd say it's been more than worth it. People aren't afraid of calling them out anymore and it's nice to see pushback where there used to be apologies

DonF

the uglification is real in the west and I dont like it. Not because of the wokeness, but because its from an external source.

If videogames are to be considered art, we shouldnt let consultant intervene as much.

Let's not deceive ourselves; we've been playing video games for many years now. There are thousands of video games with attractive women out there. What many people on this forum find unacceptable is the notion that some women are appearing who are not beautiful/sexy.

With Stellar Blade the case of that IGN journalist is absolutely reprehensible. The reaction on this forum, evident from the comments on the picture of the Fable protagonist (and others), highlights that unattractive women are often not accepted in this medium. This is reprehensible as well because it turns us into the very thing we criticize hypocritically.
You make two games, one attractive people and one unattractive people, otherwise identical in every other way, which sells better?

You might as well claim that we refuse to accept low resolution, 10fps lagfest games.

There is no "other side" to this. Because people who want ugly women in games don't play games. The people who want beautiful women in their games do play games.

And that is why you are wrong. Because you think the opinion of a non-consumer should have a say in the product they don't consume. The target audience want beautiful women and if the studio refuse to offer it, they can take a hike. And all the people who complain can keep complaining because they don't spend money on it.

Yonyx

You make two games, one attractive people and one unattractive people, otherwise identical in every other way, which sells better?

You might as well claim that we refuse to accept low resolution, 10fps lagfest games.

There is no "other side" to this. Because people who want ugly women in games don't play games. The people who want beautiful women in their games do play games.

And that is why you are wrong. Because you think the opinion of a non-consumer should have a say in the product they don't consume. The target audience want beautiful women and if the studio refuse to offer it, they can take a hike. And all the people who complain can keep complaining because they don't spend money on it.
That is nonsense. I want creators to have creative freedom to do whatever they want. I want some variety in the female characters I see in video games (there is a lot more variety in male characters, which nobody wants to admit but it's totally true). I don't want ALL female characters to be attractive and sexy. I'm a video game consumer just like anyone else on this forum. I like video games. I play them. A lot.

I repeat: You see a lot of problem with a few ugly female characters starting to emerge (which most like Aloy aren't even ugly). But I've never seen anyone complain because Zangief, Honda or Dhalsim are ugly.

Last edited:

Boglin

That is nonsense. I want creators to have creative freedom to do whatever they want. I want some variety in the female characters I see in video games (there is a lot more variety in male characters, which nobody wants to admit but it's totally true). I don't want ALL female characters to be attractive and sexy. I'm a video game consumer just like anyone else on this forum. I like video games. I play them. A lot.

I repeat: You see a lot of problem with a few ugly female characters starting to emerge (which most like Aloy aren't even ugly). But I've never seen anyone complain because Zangief, Honda or Dhalsim are ugly.

I agree with your overall sentiment that there is way more variety in male characters... It's honestly really hard to argue otherwise.

But I just want to add that I have seen plenty of people complain about Zangief. I've also seen a huge abundance of people complain about the appearance of male characters in Tekken, like Bob being fat. Or how Paul looks ugly and stupid, or Law is too buff in the most recent installment.
My point is people are shallow towards the looks of male characters too.

If you like what you like then fine.

But we all want what we want. And the current push-back is against those who don't game at all, who wants to control games because they don't like gamers period.

I don't like GaaS, but I am aware that there are many happy GaaS gamers who put their money where their mouth is. I don't have any right to tell GaaS gamers to stop having fun. I could only complain about GaaS games that fail due to being badly made.

If you want to start a movement about making men beautiful in games, you can. Note that Adam in the Stellar Blade franchise is a stereotypical handsome man by Asian standards. So they certainly are consistent in that respect.

But don't go on and on about "you are both the same". No we are not, one of us pay for products.

Yonyx

I agree with your overall sentiment that there is way more variety in male characters... It's honestly really hard to argue otherwise.

But I just want to add that I have seen plenty of people complain about Zangief. I've also seen a huge abundance of people complain about the appearance of male characters in Tekken, like Bob being fat. Or how Paul looks ugly and stupid, or Law is too buff in the most recent installment.
My point is people are shallow towards the looks of male characters too.

These criticisms are minor, minority criticisms. And of course they are far less abundant than the criticisms we see of ugly female characters. Just read this thread or hundreds of other threads on this forum. Please, let's not make exceptions the norm. Because the difference in treatment is more than notorious and anyone can check it very easily.

If you like what you like then fine.

But we all want what we want. And the current push-back is against those who don't game at all, who wants to control games because they don't like gamers period.

I don't like GaaS, but I am aware that there are many happy GaaS gamers who put their money where their mouth is. I don't have any right to tell GaaS gamers to stop having fun. I could only complain about GaaS games that fail due to being badly made.

If you want to start a movement about making men beautiful in games, you can. Note that Adam in the Stellar Blade franchise is a stereotypical handsome man by Asian standards. So they certainly are consistent in that respect.

But don't go on and on about "you are both the same". No we are not, one of us pay for products.

What I am not going to do is criticise or see as something negative that we are finally starting to see a minimum of variety in female characters. Before, the vast majority were hypersexualised.

Nor, of course, am I going to criticise sexualised characters just for the sake of it. I like the Stellar Blade model a lot, and I have the game pre-ordered.

And with this, more than one person's head is going to break, but... The one who DOES NOT PAY for a videogame simply because there are female characters that he considers ugly is at the same level as the resetard who does not pay for Cyberpunk, Hogwarts Legacy or Stellar Blade for stupid reasons.

Last edited:

Boglin

These criticisms are minor, minority criticisms. And of course they are far less abundant than the criticisms we see of ugly female characters. Just read this thread or hundreds of other threads on this forum. Please, let's not make exceptions the norm. Because the difference in treatment is more than notorious and anyone can check it very easily.

Again, I agree for the most part. But one of the reasons I think those criticisms are viewed as an exception rather than an norm is because those people aren't able to gather momentum to make a mountain out of a molehill like other subjects in the last decade.
The relatively few people who give a shit if a man is ugly or not are not able to rally a movement around it in the same way the minority group of people who care about canceling attractive female characters are able to.
IMO, in both cases the subject matter is not a real problem and people who take issue with it shouldn't be taken seriously.

And with this, more than one person's head is going to break, but... The one who DOES NOT PAY for a videogame simply because there are female characters that he considers ugly is at the same level as the resetard who does not pay for Cyberpunk, Hogwarts Legacy or Stellar Blade for stupid reasons.
You are allowed to not pay for something for stupid reasons, it is your money.
However, you don't get a say in what other people enjoys. And that is when things go wrong, because some people got into their heads that it is their duty to make sure other people don't get to have fun. And even start consultation companies to make sure it happens.

Yonyx

You are allowed to not pay for something for stupid reasons, it is your money.
However, you don't get a say in what other people enjoys. And that is when things go wrong, because some people got into their heads that it is their duty to make sure other people don't get to have fun. And even start consultation companies to make sure it happens.

The other way around. I'm not going to stop playing a game for stupid reasons like the political opinions of a creator or because I don't like the design of a doll (either because it's ugly or sexy). The ones doing that nonsense are others (here and there), not me.

Shodai

For the people saying Eve has not real life body just look any Black tape video on You tube

NSFW :

Eve Will get and 7 score compared to some of those real women

Anyone who says it isn't realistic is just an idiot (or self-loathing), and clearly rarely got out of the house, let alone did some slaying in their formative years.

That video is fire, btw.

Last edited:
Anyone who says it isn't realistic is just an idiot (or self-loathing), and clearly rarely got out of the house, let alone did some slaying in their formative years.

That video is fire, btw.
while the video is fire. that kind of statement is equally cringe and comes across as the opposite of what you are saying.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
So you have nothing of value to contribute, you just wanna do a drive-by shitpost stereotyping and insulting Korean women, got it. :pie_eyeroll:
I hope the game sells well. I'm not one of those perpetually offended people from the purple place. Is that better?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This has to be the most boring and over-discussed topic ever. For real, who the hell cares. It’s not this massive controversy that needs weeks of picking apart.
I agree, we been through this with Bayonetta, Nier, Dragon's Crown and even Catherine when they first came out.

Thats all ever people want to talk about as if its first time we got hot female character in Asian/JP game.....hot get attractive in Asian/JP all the time and even this year alone.

SHA

Go Maxim Korea!!!

You're doing the Lord's work.

=======

When these Western far-left loons say her body is not realistic, I think what they're really communicating, albeit unknowingly, is that they mean it's an unrealistic goal for most Western women. They're trying to rage against the idealistic body beauty standard prevalent in entertainment until 5 minutes ago. They hate seeing it because it reminds them of how obese, how lazy and undisciplined they've become as a society. So they want to remove any imagery of it from entertainment, particularly media popular with Western boys because they hold the misguided belief that if they change what boys see in games, comics, movies and TV, from slim, fit & healthy, sexy and voluptuous bodies to the obese whales that increasingly represents western women today (particularly the woke slobs), they will reprogram them to find those more "realistic" bodies more attractive.... unfortunate for them, it won't work and men will always be more attracted to slim, fit and healthy female bodies.

Clearly, Asia doesn't have nearly the levels of obesity as the west does, so Asian women will not feel so threatened by seeing body types like this in games; not that even Western women should either, because the purpose of gaming is escapism, not to provide a standard for society to live up to.
Who put these standards? they're either don't know what they're doing or don't know who they really are, they need a reality check and be grateful for who they are.

Meet the unrealistic twins;

This two look very close to what Eve looks like body wise. Most normal minded people know there are plenty of girls with these types of bodies in the world. Only the woke weirdos who glorify trans men and women don’t want to see reality for what it is. They would rather rage against it and foam at the mouth because it goes against their weird reality and logic and proves that beautiful women exist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom