• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade devs on why the protagonist is sexy: "That's what players want most of the time"

btw. new pre-order costume :O
Dude, don't post random OF chicks in this thread.
Edit: That X thread is full of OF spam. 🤮

image.png

Last edited:

Pejo

The outfits from the Digital Deluxe and Pre order are in the base game but in other colors. The outfit from the deluxe version can been seen in this clip in its Black and red color.

Timestamped for the outfit.

Hell yea. I'm fine with that. I'd like to own the physical and it was chapping my ass that I would miss the costume entirely, but I'm fine with a palette swap.

The outfits from the Digital Deluxe and Pre order are in the base game but in other colors. The outfit from the deluxe version can been seen in this clip in its Black and red color.

Timestamped for the outfit.

Still want that sexy dress in golden color though so hopefully they'll allow us to upgrade to the digital deluxe.

Papa_Wisdom

In the 90's no gamer would complain about this, only groups outside the gaming community such as religious groups or TV/newspaper journalists.

Now these types have infiltrated the gaming community. Almost every single game journalist and a lot of players themselves are now the religious nut who complained about videogames in the 90's. This is what happens when your hobby becomes mainstream.
Holy shit this comment
Worship GIF

GymWolf

So rough to hear you talk like this my man. I don't think you are trying to, but you're insulting someone by calling them gay. It makes it sound like being gay is weak or shameful. We have gay people on here and they are our bro's. Please consider it.
Nah, i was just questioning his ability to get more dicks than the protagonist and that's why he is mad at her design, never said that getting dicks is bad or anything :lollipop_squinting:
It's literally the same thing that everyone says when we point out that woke, ugly feminist are mad at good looking women because they are envy, maybe it's not the case here, but it's funny to joke about it and he doesn't get a free pass from me, especially after his stupid remarks about the protagonist.

English is not my native language but i try to carefully chose my words when i make jokes, you may wanna read my post again.

Believe me, that's one of the tamest insults that dude has ever received on gaf.

Last edited:

Humdinger

This game is looking good. I think I might get it. The art style looks fantastic. I like that it's anti-woke. I'll support that. It looks like a good game, too.

taizuke

Hell yea. I'm fine with that. I'd like to own the physical and it was chapping my ass that I would miss the costume entirely, but I'm fine with a palette swap.

Same here. Plus, there's a chance you'll be able to upgrade to the digital deluxe edition (by paying $10) if you have the physical game. I hear RE 4R did this (wish i had known). But, even if Sony doesn't do this i'm fine with the palette swap as well.

Eiknarf

Banned
Hey guys, pardon my ignorance, but I thought Sony was one of the companies against "things being too sexy" (or "exploiting female's bodies" or whatever)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Sony the reason the female outfits in the DOA fighting games showed LESS skin as the series went on? Who was it that stopped DOA Xtreme 3 from releasing in the USA over concerns of how it portrays women at a resort vacation on an island?

My point is, why is Sony OK with Stellar Blade and the "sexy outfits" and "how it portrays women" (even though its fiction and shouldn't matter. Even though its someone's art and shouldn't matter. Even though Eve is an AI robot, not a human, and it shouldn't matter etc etc)

Is there a chance it will be edited for the states?

lets see if the hornys carry this game. I haven‘t seen anything remotely interesting about this game besides the main character’s ass.

Crayon

Hey guys, pardon my ignorance, but I thought Sony was one of the companies against "things being too sexy" (or "exploiting female's bodies" or whatever)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Sony the reason the female outfits in the DOA fighting games showed LESS skin as the series went on? Who was it that stopped DOA Xtreme 3 from releasing in the USA over concerns of how it portrays women at a resort vacation on an island?

My point is, why is Sony OK with Stellar Blade and the "sexy outfits" and "how it portrays women" (even though its fiction and shouldn't matter. Even though its someone's art and shouldn't matter. Even though Eve is an AI robot, not a human, and it shouldn't matter etc etc)

Is there a chance it will be edited for the states?

Nah, I think they know what they are doing with this one. There's no way someone didn't bring up it being inappropriate for modern audiences (kek). And then someone, presumably above them, said "haha hold my beer". I bet the most butthurt people in sony would be some of their prestige studios.

If someone told Jim Ryan that they have a great opportunity to get publicity (any type) with a little flash in the pan controversy, but it's going to piss some people off who were not going to buy it anyhow, I think he'd say go.

Part of what fucked up xbox is that they had the bro market and started neglecting that. This is like sony is giving a wink to that crowd. It's also a little embarrassing if nintendo can put out bayonetta and the supposedly aged-up ps audience can't handle this.

Me too. She is pretty but not really my type.
The villain or whoever this girl is has much better design than Eve.

It’s because the villain or whoever that is looks more like an actual person. The main character is the only one that looks like some 14 year old anime doll-like female in some 30 year olds body.

Looks really stupid when you see her next to any other character in the game.

Eiknarf

Banned
It’s because the villain or whoever that is looks more like an actual person. The main character is the only one that looks like some 14 year old anime doll-like female in some 30 year olds body.

Surprised they didn’t just make Eve’s face look like the face of the body model they used; Shin Jae-Eun

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Surprised they didn’t just make Eve’s face look like the face of the body model they used; Shin Jae-Eun
spider-man-norman-osborn.gif

You are all in my shit list....

yjTCwsS.jpg

It’s because they aren’t “woke”.
The actual model has a bigger nose, smaller eyes, and a very round face. All opposite of the most ideal S Korean face.

All they seemed to copy was her boobs and maybe stomach.

This is why I find the every other character in the game besides the main character way more interesting. Other models look more human, more detail, and different that all 14 year old faces normally asian developers make all their asian characters look like.

Eiknarf

Banned
yjTCwsS.jpg

It’s because they aren’t “woke”.
The actual model has a bigger nose, smaller eyes, and a very round face. All opposite of the most ideal S Korean face.

All they seemed to copy was her boobs and maybe stomach.

This is why I find the every other character in the game besides the main character way more interesting. Other models look more human, more detail, and different that all 14 year old faces normally asian developers make all their asian characters look like.
Ahhh I see.

The real female is thinner, too. They thicc'd up Eve

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No America , I don't want to get down with the wokeness. Sorry Disturbed.

That being said. I look forward to having an attractive video game character for once. Hyped for Stellar Blade.

Aenima

Karim is that you? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
We got bunch of games with attractive characters, I mean Granblue Fantasy Relink just recently came out.
I agree. I was exaggerating. I think its just been the games ive been playing lately seem to be all non attractive. Even with the character creator its impossible to make them attractive.

And your criticism is that the main charcter looks 14 years old?

Sound projection to me if you look at Eve and think of little girls.

stellar-blade-eve-featured-voiceovers.jpg
No that’s just an observation. Model she’s based on is 30 and looks so. Animated model caked up, but they are going for an unrealistically young face. there’s nothing inherently wrong with a voluptuous Ariana Grande character. My criticism isn’t how she looks. This “NA:tive” character is better in every single way. Her face is not some uncanny porcelain doll. The silhouette of her curves are still in her armor. She doesn’t seem like some overpowered stripper.
ae26682371f9962eee81eca9e91ed991d431cdde.gifv

So it’s the contrast between her model and her counterparts that I have a criticism of. Rest look realistic. No different when I got kicked off Resetera for mentioning similar observations with Ellie. Mentioned her face looked incredibly off in part 2, and model didn’t match any other character in the game. “Eve” looks uncanny just like Ellie did. And got accused of “projection” by cute little people like you. Except Ellie looked uncanny for a few seconds.
wdSGdmX.jpg

This game Stellar Blade is clearly aimed at perverts. Don’t have to be one, to have interest. But it’s not ashamed of Eve’s part time job as a stripper. People like me will play it despite that, if the game is any GOOD.

First time I saw it, I thought it was some sort high budget Metroid. But the developers seem more interested perverting the character as a selling point, rather than the game’s gameplay. Game looks like it has great graphics. But nothing tells me it’s not just “Genji: Days of the Blade”, but with the character’s ass being the main objective of the camera.

TSDp3v5.jpg

This is legit from the Reee Stellar Blade thread.
I got in trouble there for mentioning, I wasn’t quite sure why incels hated Abby so much. She’s straight and has a fat ass.
Like sure it’s objectifying, but come on. Im guessing the age range there is way younger than here.

Aenima

No that’s just an observation. Model she’s based on is 30 and looks so. Animated model caked up, but they are going for an unrealistically young face. there’s nothing inherently wrong with a voluptuous Ariana Grande character. My criticism isn’t how she looks. This “NA:tive” character is better in every single way. Her face is not some uncanny porcelain doll. The silhouette of her curves are still in her armor. She doesn’t seem like some overpowered stripper.
ae26682371f9962eee81eca9e91ed991d431cdde.gifv

So it’s the contrast between her model and her counterparts that I have a criticism of. Rest look realistic. No different when I got kicked off Resetera for mentioning similar observations with Ellie. Mentioned her face looked incredibly off in part 2, and model didn’t match any other character in the game. “Eve” looks uncanny just like Ellie did. And got accused of “projection” by cute little people like you. Except Ellie looked uncanny for a few seconds.
wdSGdmX.jpg

This game Stellar Blade is clearly aimed at perverts. Don’t have to be one, to have interest. But it’s not ashamed of Eve’s part time job as a stripper. People like me will play it despite that, if the game is any GOOD.

First time I saw it, I thought it was some sort high budget Metroid. But the developers seem more interested perverting the character as a selling point, rather than the game’s gameplay. Game looks like it has great graphics. But nothing tells me it’s not just “Genji: Days of the Blade”, but with the character’s ass being the main objective of the camera.
For your information Eve is not based on the Korean model. Her body is based on the real model, but her face was hand made. She was not face scanned. This was confirmed by the game director in a recent interview.

I also like the design of the emo looking girl that looks like came out of a Kojima Production game. Shes looks badass.

And i also like when "cute little ppl like you" call others perverts for liking to see a sexy and atractive character in a videogame.

Last edited:

Pejo

I got in trouble there for mentioning, I wasn’t quite sure why incels hated Abby so much. She’s straight and has a fat ass.
Like sure it’s objectifying, but come on. Im guessing the age range there is way younger than here.
Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

Oddvintagechap-sama... I kneel....
27f.jpg

Is this the power of a professional shitposter? People have opinions...and then yours... ARE THE OPPOSITE! What in the world...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For your information Eve is not based on the Korean model. Her body is based on the real model, but her face was hand made. She was not face scanned.

I also like the design of the emo looking girl that looks like came out of a Kojima Production game. Shes looks badass.

And i also like when "cute little ppl like you" call others perverts for liking to see a sexy and atractive character in a videogame.
He has same arguments as those idiots who made this stupid article.
AuUd2Zt.png

Top Bottom