• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Demoskinos

Trying to do a SA Suit Only on Paris Pro and boy. I'm trying to puzzle this one out. The extra guard placements are the thing tripping me up ATM.

Just noticed something familiar in Landslide.

CF329FAB3D3C3C2A0F06D407311CD82400003375

9ECBFEE744D708115630262E198B52F2049CA2D3

(No, they don't have the same names in contract creation)

justjim89

I managed to get Silent Assassin on Paris on Pro, but Sapienza just seems super fucked. Too many camera placements, extra guard placements, and suspicious NPCs. Also a lack of solitary NPCs with key disguises. Following older opportunity throughlines is also harder, like the flower delivery.

Ugh.

I'm waiting in the lawyer's office in disguise
as the lawyer
, but the target seems to be stuck somewhere off in the distance not moving.

Is this because I missed a step somewhere? I didn't do anything other than
break into the bathroom, become the lawyer, and then go get accosted by the bodyguards.

Stoze

I'm waiting in the lawyer's office in disguise
as the lawyer
, but the target seems to be stuck somewhere off in the distance not moving.

Is this because I missed a step somewhere? I didn't do anything other than
break into the bathroom, become the lawyer, and then go get accosted by the bodyguards.

That should be all you need to do, he probably bugged out. I did it twice and he came over right away.

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I don't have much time now, but I just quickly scoped out professional mode on Hokkaido and it is definitely more challenging.

Amos Dexter's balcony has security, the morgue has like 5 bodyguards total, Jason Portman didn't go to the bathroom (and a guard was in there), and the security cameras don't just send someone over, rather they count as a person and can start a combat status.

Seems like it'll be legitimately challenging and will require to rethink strategies.

I also scoped out Hokkaido just now. It looks like they couldn't remove too many items because there are already so few items in Hokkaido, and the inventory restrictions are back in place - so, I guess, adding guards was the more reasonable option.

That said, the locked cabinet with the wrench has been removed. Clearly it turned out to be the most useful of the cabinets! Even the cabinet with the disposable scrambler is still there.

You can still easily get Jason Portman into the bathroom using the old method, and then easily become a bodyguard, so infiltration is pretty trivial. There really aren't a lot of enforcers for bodyguards, so the level is pretty much wide open at that point.

Of course the narrow hallways mean unavoidable cameras at every turn...

Parsnip

Ugh, I'm pretty sure I should have gotten silent assassin on that suit only Paris pro run, but didn't for some reason. Supposedly someone found a body, but I hid everyone.

Boo.

BTA

Played through Paris's story + its Sarajevo Six. The latter annoyed me because
I spent like half an hour in that stairwell trying to separate him from his bodyguard + drop a light on him, since getting SA that way seemed surprisingly doable. Finally managed to coin only his bodyguard, who of course looked at me as I knocked him out, and then the target stayed backstage forever so I had to get messy anyway.

It's really cool to be able to use the knowledge I've gained from watching videos to learn the game without being overwhelmed; I know a lot about certain mechanics and how to get around Paris, and that lets me learn some of the execution without too much worrying about how I'm doing. And I'm already feeling comfortable branching out and trying things I haven't seen; I didn't realize how easy it was to destroy recordings or about some of the opportunities, and so on.

Oh, and glancing at the destinations got me wondering: how frequently do they add new escalations? Having watched some, they're really appealing to me, and it surprised me how few the last few episodes still had.

Foffy

Banned
Played through Paris's story + its Sarajevo Six. The latter annoyed me because
I spent like half an hour in that stairwell trying to separate him from his bodyguard + drop a light on him, since getting SA that way seemed surprisingly doable. Finally managed to coin only his bodyguard, who of course looked at me as I knocked him out, and then the target stayed backstage forever so I had to get messy anyway.

It's really cool to be able to use the knowledge I've gained from watching videos to learn the game without being overwhelmed; I know a lot about certain mechanics and how to get around Paris, and that lets me learn some of the execution without too much worrying about how I'm doing. And I'm already feeling comfortable branching out and trying things I haven't seen; I didn't realize how easy it was to destroy recordings or about some of the opportunities, and so on.

Oh, and glancing at the destinations got me wondering: how frequently do they add new escalations? Having watched some, they're really appealing to me, and it surprised me how few the last few episodes still had.

I do not believe the Sarajevo Six in Paris can be done SA with the challenge it offers. Don't feel too bad about it.

They put out two a week during the first two months after release (while there weren't elusive targets coming out yet), then one a week for the next five months. It slowed down to one a month in November and December (the lull between the end of the season and the disc release), but we got three in January.

Now that all announced missions have been released, I would expect quite a bit more. A video just came out yesterday promising 80+ escalations with the disc release, and we're only at 40+.

I think people should change their mindset for the Pro mode, I feel they are almost entitled to SA ratings (as they were seen as the minimum rating for veteran players) and when they see it's much harder now, they feel cheated.

In Pro just finishing the level should be hard, getting a 'Professional' rating should be much harder, SA should be done after spending a good number of hours experimenting and trying, and SA/SO could be reserved to the true hardcore.

I got SASO on Bangkok last night.

The hardest part is sneaking through the floor with 4 maids and the band group. Jesus fuck, the kills themselves were easy.

Same for me on Xbox. Game tries to connect then hard crashes. Tried it about ten times now. Can't play it at all.

Edit: wow so they know and the solution is to download the game again. Fucking joke. Did nobody even test this shit before launch? It literally crashes while starting.

Damn thought i was alone on this, couldn't start at all kept crashing to dash. Thx alot for the heads up on re-downloading the gm, in this state it won't even boot up.

Jintor

A) How do you turn on the water pressure on stage for Landslide without making the idiot musician and singer who stand right next to it super suss? Is it easier just to hide somewhere and shoot the glass?

B) Can you not unlock alternate start positions and stash points in the bonus missions?

Adry9

A) How do you turn on the water pressure on stage for Landslide without making the idiot musician and singer who stand right next to it super suss? Is it easier just to hide somewhere and shoot the glass?

B) Can you not unlock alternate start positions and stash points in the bonus missions?

I threw a can at it and ran away lol

Foffy

Banned

For B, the answer is no. Of the four bonus missions (Holiday Hoarders, The Icon, Landslide, and A House Built on Sand) only Holiday Hoarders allows you to even have alternative start points, largely because it's a thematic change to the level and less transformative a mission as, say, the other three.

Moff

If they stand there you are too late. They play for a long time before they go backstage.

The roady there can be lured away by manipulating some equipment behind the corner.

xrnzaaas

I usually ignore SASO challenges, because I don't have enough patience for them, but in the new bonus mission it's a very easy challenge
dropped chandelier on the target and it qualified as an accident :)

I appreciate that the Icon and Landslide are really letting me enjoy Sapienza. With World of Tomorrow, the requirement to destroy the virus makes that mission kind of a drag. I know the developers themselves have acknowledged that the extra step makes the mission a bit cumbersome to replay over and over.

Sapienza feels a lot more alive in the Landslide. The devs did a fantastic job with the sound design at the beach stage, where you can hear the music echoing off the walls.

justjim89

Been trying to get Silent Assassin in Sapienza on Pro all morning. I use my save early after prep work is done like getting the dongle for destroying the virus and poisoning Silvio's food, but it means I have to do all the rest in one go. Having a hell of a time, because something always goes wrong. Like, the biolab was a pain in the ass before, but now? Now it's fucking impossible even with the dongle. No easy scientist disguise, no isolated biolab guard, and even more suspicious eyes in every direction.

I'm gonna keep banging my head against it because I'm stubborn, but Pro difficulty might just kill my interest in the game altogether until season two comes out.

ArjanN

Oh man. I cannot wait to try this.

Sounds like they pulled a Dark Souls 2 NG+. Just straight up "fuck you" enemy and camera placement. They're also probably using all the online info/heat map info they've gleaned from the last year against us.

Yeah, to be fair they kinda have to do that, or you could just use the same optimized solutions you used in normal mode.

Been trying to get Silent Assassin in Sapienza on Pro all morning. I use my save early after prep work is done like getting the dongle for destroying the virus and poisoning Silvio's food, but it means I have to do all the rest in one go. Having a hell of a time, because something always goes wrong. Like, the biolab was a pain in the ass before, but now? Now it's fucking impossible even with the dongle. No easy scientist disguise, no isolated biolab guard, and even more suspicious eyes in every direction.

I'm gonna keep banging my head against it because I'm stubborn, but Pro difficulty might just kill my interest in the game altogether until season two comes out.

Regarding the scientist disguise
on normal i believe there's a dead scientist in the church morgue, and you can steal that disguise before going to the biolab

GonzoCR

Hokkaido in Pro was surprisingly easy. Only disabling the cameras was a pain in the ass, but in the end all you have to do is
trigger the fire alarm
and those guys will get out of the room. No idea how you'd do it in Suit Only runs, though, still figuring that out.

justjim89

Why does it seem like the changes in this difficulty mode seem more like realistic changes to break the gamey bits of the title? :p

Oh I don't know. There are just as many realistic bits from normal that are made gamey and artificially hard in professional.

Where are the showering waiter's clothes while he's showering? Surely he's about to put them back on.

Where are Rocco's clothes that he's about to change into for work?

Why are there half a dozen guards surrounding one empty side garden when there's only three watching the helicopter? Just because Helmut takes a call there?

Why is there a guard who's only job is to stand in Dalia's private bathroom?

Where's the fireworks remote that the two tech guys are talking about?

Some of the changes are complete bullshit with respect to the fiction of the level. Kinda ruins the whole thing.

Nictel

You still can do the stupid stuff on normal. I feel this mode is more actual silent hitman and less exploding golf balls :)

Wish I was at home playing. I started landslide last night and I turned off opportunities. I usually played with minimal opportunities but no opportunities is fun. I'm sure I completed an opportunity with the method I used, but it was super sloppy.

Foffy

Banned
Professional is growing on me in Paris, wow. Particularly the fact that all of the underlying difficulty changes (AI hearing you, needing the proper attire for equipment, cameras punishing you) absolutely reminds me of the older Hitman games. You needed the look and the gear to play a part. Now on Professional, that applies to HITMAN as well.

I do wonder what kinds of changes they make in later levels. I can only imagine how hell Hokkaido will be until gear unlocks, as I've already relied on stuff I've gotten throughout the whole game.

Is it safe to say that all costumes that were freebies in the levels are now gone?

Professional is growing on me in Paris, wow. Particularly the fact that all of the underlying difficulty changes (AI hearing you, needing the proper attire for equipment, cameras punishing you) absolutely reminds me of the older Hitman games. You needed the look and the gear to play a part. Now on Professional, that applies to HITMAN as well.

I do wonder what kinds of changes they make in later levels. I can only imagine how hell Hokkaido will be until gear unlocks, as I've already relied on stuff I've gotten throughout the whole game.

Is it safe to say that all costumes that were freebies in the levels are now gone?

I think Hokkaido might actually have the least increased difficulty on professional, just because it's already hard on normal and there aren't that many items to remove to begin with.

But, yes, no more obvious costumes, as with all levels on professional. Not to say that there aren't easy costumes to get - just not the ones you normally think of.

Foffy

Banned
I think Hokkaido might actually have the least increased difficulty on professional, just because it's already hard on normal and there aren't that many items to remove to begin with.

But, yes, no more obvious costumes, as with all levels on professional. Not to say that there aren't easy costumes to get - just not the ones you normally think of.

Explain thyself, fellow stealth man.

AHA-Lambda

Is the complete 10 Escalations Feat referring to 10 individual levels of any escalation mission, or 10 full missions (as in complete up to level 5)?

Top Bottom