• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Ya happy?

Are we seriously being this rude? If you don't want to have an actual discussion, go to a youtube comment section.
What discussion is there to be had when you make a definitive statement than backtrack? Could've simply said I don't like their games so I'm being skeptical fair enough, that's not what you said tho

silva1991

You know, Aloy, we really are all the games.

jpl9i.gif

Lol

Watchers side roll:

HardtofindImpressionableAsiansmallclawedotter.gif

It looks so goofy I love it :D

Lady Gaia

Perhaps we should list similarities to Pix the Cat, just to be ready for the inevitable?
  • Console exclusive to Playstation
  • Developed by a company with "games" in their name
  • Played with a DS4
  • Looks challenging
  • Colorful
  • Works just fine on a 4K display
  • Favorably received by critics
  • Praised for surprising amount of depth

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
What discussion is there to be had when you make a definitive statement than backtrack? Could've simply said I don't like their games so I'm being skeptical fair enough, that's not what you said tho

It is exactly what I said. I clearly stated with my first post that "I would remain skeptical." And then people responded with comments stating: "not this shit again" and stating that they made fun okay-good games. I then explained why I felt that way.

timberger

Perhaps we should list similarities to Pix the Cat, just to be ready for the inevitable?
  • Played with a DS4
  • Looks challenging
  • Colorful
  • Works just find on a 4K display

* Pix is a cat - Cats have fur - There's people wearing outfits made of fur in Horizon.

Ya happy?

Um... that isn't the post he was quoting.

pixelbox

You're right! I did some digging around and the similarities goes deeper then I first imagined. Horizon also got:

-walking
-options accessible in the game menu
-In game story
-gameplay
-both got the letter o in the title

Maybe you should add them to your list
Lol you win!

WaffleTaco

* Pix is a cat - Cats have fur - There's people wearing outfits made of fur in Horizon.

Um... that isn't the post he was quoting.
I have used "I" for almost every time I have refereed to game except once, and I can seriously go through each one of my posts on the lasts page with clear evidence of that. If I clearly have only used "I" more than "they," I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I was just interested in how he/she would respond. Of course, it was to quote another post that had nothing to do with what we were discussing lol.

Anyway, back to Ubisoft and "lol GG".
You are seriously just trying to provoke me, and are trolling yourself. If you had been reading any of my posts you would know this.

viHuGi

Banned
  • Played with a DS4
  • Looks challenging
  • Colorful
  • Works just fine on a 4K display

Lmao

Krakin

I don't think it aged well at all. I think the reason it was praised for its time was for its graphics and its multiplayer. Someone who would play it today, will likely not consider it as good as someone who did when it launched.

Oh so now it hasn't aged well?

So, what's the order that I need to play the series in to understand the story in this game?

Chronological? By release date? Another one entirely?

I kind of wanted to play Watch Dogs 2 as it's the most recent but maybe starting from Assassin's Creed 1 is the best idea.

Krakin

I mean I played it in 2014 and I didn't think it aged well then.

You're shifting the goalpost to make a point that is going nowhere. Fact of the matter is the studio has made games that were received well by critics and users alike. I guess we can't trust Nintendo since Super Mario Brothers certainly hasn't aged well smh.

WaffleTaco

You're shifting the goalpost to make a point that is going nowhere. Fact of the matter is the studio has made games that were received well by critics and users alike. I guess we can't trust Nintendo since Super Mario Brothers certainly hasn't aged well smh.

All I was saying was that someone playing in 2017 might not think it aged well, based on my opinion that I do not think it aged well in 2014. And what does Nintendo have to do with this?

I've made a quick gif so that maybe people will finally notice that the clothes get wet when you swim

hjlkhjpcjj1.gif

Sorry for the quality, you can see it better in the video that i've linked before.

Dargor

All I was saying was that someone playing in 2017 might not think it aged well, based on my opinion that I do not think it aged well in 2014. And what does Nintendo have to do with this?

Dude, just move on, please. Several people already called you out.

You moving the goal post with each new post just makes things worse.

If you are going to respond, use more than a picture calling me a troll. Just because I have an opinion you do not like does not mean that you have the right to call me a troll.

I really did not see anything special about it to be honest.

I disagree. I think it will have great graphics definitely, as it looks amazing. I think it could have average to good gameplay, and good sound. However I think it is okay to remain skeptical of the story, the open world, and the quests themselves along with the little things involved with the games lie towers and collectibles.
Where is your preview write up?

I mean, to have an opinion this strong you must have played the game, right?

WaffleTaco

Dude, just move on, please. Several people already called you out.

You moving the goal post with each new post just makes things worse.

I really was not moving the goal post, just responding and clarifying, but yeah I am done trying to explain myself. It is a waste of my time and everyone else's.

The review embargo can't lift soon enough so we'll be able to know what's what about the game. Personally excited for the title and hoping it delivers, we're getting fewer and fewer AAA WRPGs as time goes by.

It is a valid reason, they have not once produced a great game.

I didn't say that their games weren't fun in their own way, but they have never succeeded to make an amazing game as the poster who I quoted said. Their stories have always been bad to okay, their graphics have always been great, and their shooting has always been good, and their campaigns/level design have been mixed.

Because I don't think their games are good I can't say my opinion? I think they are bland shooters with great graphics (for their time), with average level design and a bad story with bad characters. I have every right to be skeptical.

You are telling other people to be cautious because of solely your opinion on GG track record, assuming everyone agrees with you. There ARE fans of GG you know.

carlsojo

Hmm can't decide if I should preorder digital or physical from Gamestop. The double-sided poster you get with preorder looks really good.

Cyc9vkBXUAAMmtE.jpg

Dont forget they are streaming the game tomorrow for a couple of hours.

Yeah, what time was that? Was it 5pm UK? Think I'm at the doctors then so may just miss the live stream... Hope it's a long one though (the game showing, not my appointment).

Went ahead and finally preordered today, was gonna go LE from GAME but the £70 price for the extra two outfits I'm sure you will have a chance to unlock at somepoint and a mini artbook couldn't justify the cost. I had £8 reward points to use I can't on PSN so £36 for the standard ed and preorder bonus seems decent for me, plus I have the LE Art of Horizon hardback on order as well for my love of the concept art, so got that covered.

Top Bottom