• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting married in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeru

Banned
Getting married in March in korea. We both agreed to not have kids. Honeymoon in Maldives.

Any pointers/experience worth talking about with marriage?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Don't buy you wife shoes. If you do, she will leave you.

kagete

Decide who buys the monkey and wards before hand. Also, don't random or pick a 2nd carry at the last sec- oh wait, you're getting married!? Hmm I hope she's okay with your gaming habits as I've seen you online for long stretches :p

Bread

Banned
Prepare yourself for the incoming slew of bailout.gifs

I have no experience, so I can't give any advice. Good luck!

Pterion

valenti said:
Getting married in March in korea. We both agreed to not have kids. Honeymoon in Maldives.

Any pointers/experience worth talking about with marriage?
Are the parents aware?

Cimarron

Good luck man! Just remember more than 50% of marriages end in failure. 60% of those failed marriages were initiated by women. So odds are you are screwed. :) But if it succeeds you will be have the pleasure of experiencing one of the best things humanity has to offer! :D

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
thespot84 said:
you win. i'm curious. please explain.

It's an old Korean wives tale. If you buy a woman shoes, she'll leave you.

But when I think about it, it was a crafty Korean husband's tale of avoiding buying expensive ass shoes for his wife. She porbably left him for being cheap, anyway

thespot84

ChiTownBuffalo said:
It's an old Korean wives tale. If you buy a woman shoes, she'll leave you.

But when I think about it, it was a crafty Korean husband's tale of avoiding buying expensive ass shoes for his wife. She porbably left him for being cheap, anyway

lol, thanks. I learned something today

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
1) Agree not to have kids

2) Suggest a prenup either to her or to the bathroom mirror, she gets angry, agree not to have a prenup

3) Get married, wait a few years for the magic of the relationship to wane

4) She decides she wants kids after all and:
a) You refuse, she leaves you, takes all of your money and has kids with someone else
b) You reluctantly agree, spend next 20 years raising kids

5) Congrats, your life is over!

Goddamit I need to find a girl I like so I can get married. My parents are pestering me about it for so long.

Anyways, Congrats valenti!

EviLore said:

2) Suggest a prenup either to her or to the bathroom mirror, she gets angry, agree not to have a prenup

a) You refuse, she leaves you, takes all of your money and has kids with someone else

It's like a Choose Your Own Adventure Book with no winning outcome

lordmrw

RustyNails said:
Goddamit I need to find a girl I like so I can get married. My parents are pestering me about it for so long.

Anyways, Congrats valenti!

That is a terrible reason to get married.

EviLore said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTkp9UqVVHs

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EviLore said:

That's why on a first date you announce "I don't do diamonds and I want a prenup" and you propose if you ever get a second date.

Shanadeus

Banned
I'm sorry to hear that OP :/

Also, get a vasectomy. She shouldn't have any problems with it since she doesn't want kids.

p9kXu.png

lordmrw said:
That is a terrible reason to get married.
Well not entirely true. First off I'd be with someone I like, which solves my current problem of being single and ronery. Secondly, it will solve my parents' worries that I will forever remain an unmarried bum. It has lot to do with my last gf. We liked each other a lot and drew up marriage plans. Without going into much detail, we broke up and my parents were devastated.

besada

Banned
Congrats. Don't let the wedding make you crazy. Also, don't let the people scaring you about "no kids" make you crazy. Been with my wife for fifteen years, and she hasn't suddenly decided to have kids. Some women don't want them. Have fun at your wedding, and more fun at your honeymoon. Talk to each other.

Pterion

S1lent said:
Congrats! Is your wife to be Korean?
They're getting married in Korea. She has to be korean.

Stumpokapow said:
That's why on a first date you announce "I don't do diamonds and I want a prenup" and you propose if you ever get a second date.
:lol You must be popular.

ronito

So I'll stick my neck out and mention that I am very happily married and marrying my wife was probably the best decision of my life. BUT I realize that I am FAR in the minority BY FAR. It's like winning the lottery, just because one person wins doesn't mean that you can expect to.

Hari Seldon

Marriage is pretty awesome if there are not money problems. I would advise setting up a budget for everything, including a "fun" spending account for both of you. This decreases fighting and stress if you can stick to budgets.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
My condolences. I will pray to the sun god to aid in your safe escape from this ghastly situation.

Meeru

Banned
EviLore said:

this is what worries me most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom