• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Jimrpg

This was the website I ordered from:

https://mariio128.com/

And it came to UK no problems.

I used the site to get Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd. They were nice about it too, there was a deal last week where it was $19 but its now back to $29 but they adjusted the price for me so I could order it for $19.

I also really really wanted to get Wipeout 2048, but its the asian version and I don't have a Vita with an asian account handy and I want to get all the DLC. If anyone knows how I can get either a new US or UK version of Wipeout 2048 please let me know.

Also Mariio128 is the cheapest site I've seen for DOAX3 on the vita, but its out of stock! I bought a copy on the weekend from Impulse Gaming for RM199 which is about US$45 right now.

i-Jest

With the Canadian Dollar being in the sorry state it's in, I can't justify those wonderful editions. Prices keep rising but my wage stays the same. Ugh

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=summon+night&x=-957&y=-84

I wonder what it'll come out first, Salt & Sanctuary or Root Double.

Salt and Sanctuary is one of my most anticipated LRG releases to come. However I hope it's a summer release, maybe July, since a lot is already coming for the next two months.

Takao

Banned
Koei Tecmo Japan has announced that Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power Up Kit will be released on PS Vita on May 25th.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/374/G037438/20170314069/
JymBjCw.jpg

Fwuwtgx.jpg

9eHgMxf.jpg

TZqz4Rb.jpg

v6tyUPC.jpg

Cross-save with the PS3/PS4 versions. Also supports cross-goods, so DLC bought for those carry over. Allows touch controls and custom image imports.

Curiously, this is the first time RotK XIII has been released on Vita. The vanilla version was PC/PS3/PS4/XB1 (the expansion, which launched a few weeks ago, added Switch), though Vita received a port of XII and the F2P game.

Ephidel

With the Canadian Dollar being in the sorry state it's in, I can't justify those wonderful editions. Prices keep rising but my wage stays the same. Ugh

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=summon+night&x=-957&y=-84

Hrm.

VGP said:
Exclusive BLUE 8" Plush

Gaijinworks said:
Exclusive 8" Plush (One of three possible sidekick characters from the game randomly inserted)

So VGP is guaranteed to get blue.

But if the Blue one is exclusive to VGP then technically the Gaijinworks site now lies, because you cannot get one of three randomly inserted, you can only get one of two.
And if you can still get the Blue one randomly inserted from Gaijinworks then technically it's not exclusive to VGP.

I also really really wanted to get Wipeout 2048, but its the asian version and I don't have a Vita with an asian account handy and I want to get all the DLC. If anyone knows how I can get either a new US or UK version of Wipeout 2048 please let me know.

Yeah, WipEout is definitely worth getting the DLC for, it adds a whole new game pretty much. It's just a shame there's no Racebox in any mode.

Koei Tecmo Japan has announced that Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power Up Kit will be released on PS Vita on May 25th.

I always wondered why they skipped Vita for this.

I would be excited for this, but they've skipped both Nobunaga's Ambitions games on Vita in the west so I have no doubt this'll be skipped too, even though it's already being translated for other countries.

I'd import, but it looks far too intricate to play with limited Japanese knowledge.

Jimrpg

Yeah, WipEout is definitely worth getting the DLC for, it adds a whole new game pretty much. It's just a shame there's no Racebox in any mode.

I always wondered why they skipped Vita for this.

I would be excited for this, but they've skipped both Nobunaga's Ambitions games on Vita in the west so I have no doubt this'll be skipped too, even though it's already being translated for other countries.

I'd import, but it looks far too intricate to play with limited Japanese knowledge.

I might have to just get the digital version of Wipeout.

As for Nobunaga's Ambition, at least there's a recent version on Steam.

deadfolk

I really hope they bring the Switch version of Nobunaga's Ambition west. A game like that is perfect for handheld play. I had no idea they had even done Vita versions of this and RoTK.

I finished my latest article - "10 cancelled Vita games that should have happened". Let me know what you think:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/10-cancelled-vita-games-that-should-have-happened/

I really hope they bring the Switch version of Nobunaga's Ambition west. A game like that is perfect for handheld play. I had no idea they had even done Vita versions of this and RoTK.

Yeah, I would've paid good money for a Vita version, I was really bummed when it didn't happen.

Is the Metallic Red Vita disappearing?

Planned to pick one up at some point, but Play-Asia are out of stock and prices are rising elsewhere.

I finished my latest article - "10 cancelled Vita games that should have happened". Let me know what you think:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/10-cancelled-vita-games-that-should-have-happened/

Yeah, I would've paid good money for a Vita version, I was really bummed when it didn't happen.

Well, thank you for opening some healded wounds. :/ I still enjoyed reading your article, though! Some runners up: Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Mighty No. 9 ( too soon?)

I got Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge today. It's somehow amazing how the Vita never got any NHL or NBA games and only one Madden. Nothing from 2k (NBA 2k) and Konami (PES) either. Only FIFA and MLB (Well, that one is from Sony, so yeah) Yet the Vita got three Rugby games.

I'm not that much into US sports, but atleast I'd like to have a NHL game on my Vita.

Well, thank you for opening some healded wounds. :/ I still enjoyed reading your article, though! Some runners up: Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Mighty No. 9 ( too soon?)

I got Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge today. It's somehow amazing how the Vita never got any NHL or NBA games and only one Madden. Nothing from 2k (NBA 2k) and Konami (PES) either. Only FIFA and MLB (Well, that one is from Sony, so yeah) Yet the Vita got three Rugby games.

I'm not that much into US sports, but atleast I'd like to have a NHL game on my Vita.

I still have an irrational faith that Mighty No. 9 will happen, since Engine Software is involved. I guess we'll see. I completely forgot about Into the Nexus!

Sports games comparatively died on handhelds after PSP. It's a weird one for sure. Especially PES never coming to Vita.

Sports games died in general on handhelds after PSP.

There is an insane amount of random sports games on Vita, all physical releases too.

- F1 2011
- FIFA 13
- FIFA 14
- FIFA 15
- FIFA Football
- Handball 16
- Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge
- Madden NFL 13
- MLB 12: The Show
- MLB 13: The Show
- MLB 14: The Show
- MLB 15: The Show
- MotoGP 13
- MotoGP 14
- MUD FIM Motocross World Championship
- MXGP - The Official Motocross Video game
- Rugby 15
- Rugby World Cup 15
- Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
- Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
- WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 3
- WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 4
- WRC 5

And I'm not even counting the Dead or Alive games, Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf, Football Manager Classic 2014 or games such as Looney Tunes Galactic Sports or any of the arcade racers.

And I'm not even counting the Dead or Alive games, Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf, Football Manager Classic 2014 or games such as Looney Tunes Galactic Sports or any of the arcade racers.

Changed the wording of that post then, since I still maintain they took a huge hit on 3DS/Vita compared to PSP/DS, no matter how many you list :p

Also, not quite sure why you'd include Dead or Alive games. Something I'm missing there?

Those are sports games! A lot of muscles are being trained in those games!

Does that make Monster Monpiece a sports game? :p

Also OT: I've no idea if this is confirmation, but Mergegames' shill account on reddit (I assume this is actually them) posted a topic recently:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LimitedPri...count_lucanor_physical_retail_coming_to_vita/

The Count Lucanor - physical retail coming to Vita later this year.

I wouldn't take it as confirmation, but it's looking likely this one is getting the Signature Vita treatment too. Which is cool.

Dualshockers posted an interview with XSEED that's both interesting and depressing as a Vita fan. Some highlights:

In a recent interview you stated that you might be looking into the Otome visual novel genre as a possible project for XSEED, is this still on your mind?

KB: Yes, it’s actually something that we’ve been looking into for a couple years. It’s never quite panned with the exact titles we are looking into, but now I think we are fairly close to announcing something soon.

With Marvelous in Japan providing plenty of games to choose from, some games end up going under the radar like Uppers. Do you by chance plan to return to the possibility of Uppers, or is the Vita exclusivity something that isn’t feasible for XSEED?

I mean I do think that we can always go back and check out some of Marvelous’s older IPs that maybe we have passed on before or didn’t get a chance to publish. However, a lot of the time when you do that you need to consider bringing it to another platform which would usually be PC making the most sense.

The rest of the interview is just PCPCPCPC, despite him saying:

KB: We did have a couple of initiatives last year where we wanted to bring on more digital titles, especially indie games. Games such as Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity on PS4 didn’t quite live up to expectations, but that could be a reflection to something that we did. I would say that PC titles like Xanadu Next that we put out also didn’t live up expectations.

Lol.

I've no idea if the otome game is for Vita or not, seems unlikely though. Also that putdown for Uppers followed by "BUT POSSIBLY PC" was also depressing.

Hard to believe this is the same XSEED that released two PSP games in 2015.

Shizuka

Dualshockers posted an interview with XSEED that's both interesting and depressing as a Vita fan. Some highlights:

Lol.

I've no idea if the otome game is for Vita or not, seems unlikely though. Also that putdown for Uppers followed by "BUT POSSIBLY PC" was also depressing.

XSEED is the most inconsistent publisher out of the niche ones. The other time it was this dire was during the beginning of the Vita's life, where everything, be it for the Vita or other platforms, were all DD-only. Now they're all PC ports. I think they've just lost one too many partnerships and have to fret for work, which is why one would think they'd go back to Marvelous' backlog and localize some Vita titles while they still can.

XSEED is the most inconsistent publisher out of the niche ones. The other time it was this dire was during the beginning of the Vita's life, where everything, be it for the Vita or other platforms, were all DD-only. Now they're all PC ports. I think they've just lost one too many partnerships and have to fret for work, which is why one would think they'd go back to Marvelous' backlog and localize some Vita titles while they still can.

It's weird how the localization houses can go in cycles. At least at the start of Vita's life, XSEED were releasing games - NISA and had like nothing for the first couple of years of Vita's life and look at them now, probably the biggest Vita publisher in 2017.

XSEED really fell off though. I kinda think something must've happened with the management there, because it really feels like a seismic shift in priorities. They used to mix in bread & butter franchises with vanity projects in between; now it seems like bread & butter franchises with "EVERYTHING MUST BE ON PC" attitude.

I suppose they did take a gamble on Touhou (which backfired for them - shocking!), but we're worlds apart from the company they used to be. I wish Tom was still around to engage on GAF. I'll have to sign up to their new forums so I can speak to him again.

I'll still never really get over what they did with skipping every single one of those Vita exclusives, though. I mean, I get miffed about NISA skipping a number of their ones, but at least they got round to quite a few in the end. XSEED just ditched EVERYTHING from 2015 onwards and chased after things like Fate/Extella and Akiba's Beat which got delayed and delayed and delayed leaving them with not much other than precious PC porting throughout the year.

Saphirax

Lol.

Watch that otome game be Kenka Bancho Otome. Maybe it'll be pc only :p.

Shizuka

It's weird how the localization houses can go in cycles. At least at the start of Vita's life, XSEED were releasing games - NISA and had like nothing for the first couple of years of Vita's life and look at them now, probably the biggest Vita publisher in 2017.

XSEED really fell off though. I kinda think something must've happened with the management there, because it really feels like a seismic shift in priorities. They used to mix in bread & butter franchises with vanity projects in between; now it seems like bread & butter franchises with "EVERYTHING MUST BE ON PC" attitude.

I suppose they did take a gamble on Touhou (which backfired for them - shocking!), but we're worlds apart from the company they used to be. I wish Tom was still around to engage on GAF. I'll have to sign up to their new forums so I can speak to him again.

I'll still never really get over what they did with skipping every single one of those Vita exclusives, though. I mean, I get miffed about NISA skipping a number of their ones, but at least they got round to quite a few in the end. XSEED just ditched EVERYTHING from 2015 onwards and chased after things like Fate/Extella and Akiba's Beat which got delayed and delayed and delayed leaving them with not much other than precious PC porting throughout the year.

Not sure games like Orgarhythm and Sumioni count. Also, Touhou flopped because it's really, really awful. It was my worst-reviewed game on 2016 out of over 20 titles I've reviewed during the year. It's the reason why I won't touch Touhou titles anymore, from them, NISA or anyone else really.

Not sure games like Orgarhythm and Sumioni count. Also, Touhou flopped because it's really, really awful. It was my worst-reviewed game on 2016 out of over 20 titles I've reviewed during the year. It's the reason why I won't touch Touhou titles anymore, from them, NISA or anyone else really.

Why wouldn't they count? Pretty sure they had a close partnership with Acquire that those games were localized along with the development process. Plus, they did Ragnarok Odyssey within the first year as well, and Valhalla Knights/Ys in 2013 (meanwhile, all NISA had released was Disgaea 3).

Watch that otome game be Kenka Bancho Otome. Maybe it'll be pc only :p.

PC! PCPCPC!

(but yeah, Spike could probably port & translate that themselves at this point, faster than XSEED. I'd say "English Detective Mysteria makes sense because they'd already worked on the PSP game and it now has a Vita port)", but I kinda don't believe it at this stage)

Shizuka

Why wouldn't they count? Pretty sure they had a close partnership with Acquire that those games were localized along with the development process. Plus, they did Ragnarok Odyssey within the first year as well, and Valhalla Knights/Ys in 2013 (meanwhile, all NISA had released was Disgaea 3).

Because they're pretty shitty and didn't have a lot of text and/or quality to begin with.

Takao

Banned
I agree, always wanted a new portable hockey game. NHL 07 on PSP was the last wasn't it?

That was the last one on dedicated handhelds. 2K released some NHL 2K games on iOS/Android, but those are cut down compared to their older console games, looked dated upon release, and didn't play all that well. Switch is supposed to get Old Time Hockey, but I have my doubts about that game being decent.

Because Acquire doesn't want to come out and admit the Vita version isn't coming out.

mollipen

UGGGHHH, would love it if this would come West. I've been a fan of the games (and Koei's stuff like this) since ROT3K II on Genesis.

Takao

Banned
I'm sure all 1000 Japanese buyers will be laughing in your face at this statement some time in 2017.

I fear for Acquire's longevity. Their output has dried up considerably in the span of a few years. They even admitted they don't have the money to fund Akiba's Trip 3 and the mobage that seemed to keep them going is getting shutdown soon. Gungho might call it a quits soon.

18-Volt

Yeah, XSEED choosing PC as their main platform is depressing but what's more depressing is that everyone else also think the same. PC gaming is getting bigger and bigger everyday and it's destroying everything else, handhelds, consoles, tablets and even laptops. I thought PC strategy series would migrate to tablets when they become more common and but that never has happened.

Because Acquire doesn't want to come out and admit the Vita version isn't coming out.

They can't afford not releasing Vita version. No Vita version means less sales, it's not like Vita owners in Japan would buy the game on PS4 instead. They'd just ignore.

Pretty sure they're getting external help porting (or developing from ground up?) game to Vita. They have a lot of friends, like GungHo's other big developer Game Arts, or even Sony, who owns a small share of Acquire.

Wonder what's next for Acquire. Would they abandon Vita? They're certainly not capable of making games that uses PS4's power. And their relation with Sony prevents them to do Nintendo games. We'll wait and see.

I fear for Acquire's longevity. Their output has dried up considerably in the span of a few years. They even admitted they don't have the money to fund Akiba's Trip 3 and the mobage that seemed to keep them going is getting shutdown soon. Gungho might call it a quits soon.

Why would GungHo shut down Acquire? Game Arts haven't done anything since Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and that wasn't a chart topper either. They rich ash fuck, they don't care. They'll probably keep them both for a future use.

Takao

Banned
They can't afford not releasing Vita version. No Vita version means less sales, it's not like Vita owners in Japan would buy the game on PS4 instead. They'd just ignore.

I don't know if you know, but Akiba's Beat already came out on PS4 in Japan last December. It sold like complete garbage and got poor reviews. A months late port with no additional content and no advertising support (the Akiba's Trip anime will be over by the time it's out + Acquire has done next to 0 promo work for the Vita version) means it'll sell next to nothing.

Wonder what's next for Acquire. Would they abandon Vita?

Given Akiba's Beat was clearly developed for PS4 first? Absolutely.

Why would GungHo shut down Acquire? Game Arts haven't done anything since Ragnarok Odyssey Ace and that wasn't a chart topper either. They rich ash fuck, they don't care. They'll probably keep them both for a future use.

Because they bring in no money? Have a largely worthless back catalog? Barring a miracle, have poor future prospects? While Gungho owns them, the company doesn't seem to be as integrated in their overall structure as GameArts and Grasshopper are. They maintain independent publishing.

18-Volt

I don't know if you know, but Akiba's Beat already came out on PS4 in Japan last December. It sold like complete garbage and got poor reviews. A months late port with no additional content and no advertising support (the Akiba's Trip anime will be over by the time it's out + Acquire has done next to 0 promo work for the Vita version) means it'll sell next to nothing.

Yeah, it sold bad on PS4 and that's why they will release the Vita version. They'll take whatever they could get, even it's 2 copies sold. The reviews were not that bad, but I hear it's pretty short.

Because they bring in no money? Have a largely worthless back catalog? Barring a miracle, have poor future prospects? While Gungho owns them, the company doesn't seem to be as integrated in their overall structure as GameArts and Grasshopper are. They maintain independent publishing.

They still own the rights of Tenchu and Way of the Samurai series and it's not hard to make a huge comeback for these series on a platform that matter. If I were GungHo, I'd invest in a big Tenchu game for Switch. Console's first year lineup is incredibly barren, any game would sell significantly.

I admit that Acquire had made questionable choices in past years but they still know how to make good sword action games. Sooner they return to the genre, better for them and GungHo.

PS: They are not integrated to the parent company because Sony still owns a chunk of Acquire.

Takao

Banned
Acquire doesn't own Way of the Samurai or Tenchu. The former is Spike Chunsoft's. The latter is owned by the Souls/Armored Core factory known as From Software. That was all work for hire. When they lost Tenchu, they even made Shinobido, their clone. I wasn't being mean when I said they have a worthless back catalog. Class of Heroes, Akiba's Trip and Shinobido are pretty much the only things they own that weren't one and dones.

They still own the rights of Tenchu and Way of the Samurai series and it's not hard to make a huge comeback for these series on a platform that matter. If I were GungHo, I'd invest in a big Tenchu game for Switch. Console's first year lineup is incredibly barren, any game would sell significantly.

I admit that Acquire had made questionable choices in past years but they still know how to make good sword action games. Sooner they return to the genre, better for them and GungHo.

They don't own the rights to either of those games. From Software own Tenchu; Spike Chunsoft own Way of the Samurai.

And I guess that's kind of Takao's point. They don't have a major IP to fall back on, like Falcom have Legend of Heroes or Compile Heart have Neptunia. Their closest is the Akiba's series, which they managed to completely crater with the latest release.

I never really understood Acquire. They made very ambitious games on tiny budgets, that were fun if you could look past a multitude of flaws. I really like them, but I can't say they're a particularly 'good' developer.

I hope they don't get shut down, although any new titles they make I wouldn't expect to come to Vita anyway.

18-Volt

Acquire doesn't own Way of the Samurai or Tenchu. The former is Spike Chunsoft's. The latter is owned by the Souls/Armored Core factory known as From Software. That was all work for hire. When they lost Tenchu, they even made Shinobido, their clone. I wasn't being mean when I said they have a worthless back catalog. Class of Heroes, Akiba's Trip and Shinobido are pretty much the only things they own that weren't one and dones.

Interesting. If it's true then Tenchu series is also dead just like millions of other From franchises. There goes my hopes of a revival.

But my point still is valid, Acquire is a very talented studio. Even if they don't own the rights of previous slashers, they still could create new one. Slashers are their thing. But GungHo doesn't seem to be into funding big projects nowadays, talents of their subsidiaries are being wasted. That includes Game Arts.

Takao

Banned
So I'm not up to date regarding Akibas Beat but it seems like that the Vita port will be garbage? I was looking forward to the game, but it got out of my sight for a couple of months. Reviews were also bad? Damn.

The Vita version has been delayed multiple times. The game also runs on Unity. It could turn out well, but given Acquire's limited technical prowess and the constant delays, I'm not optimistic.

The Vita version has been delayed multiple times. The game also runs on Unity. It could turn out well, but given Acquire's limited technical prowess and the constant delays, I'm not optimistic.

Welp. Being an Unity game developed by Acquire kills any hope I have for the Vita version.

Jimrpg

Oh man, NBA 2K is literally the only game that is missing on the Vita that I want. I suppose I also want PES, but at least there's FIFA. There is literally NO basketball except for a PSP version of 2K. Criminal!

I've been almost considering getting MLB The Show just to get some sports games on the Vita, but I have no idea about baseball what so ever!

Top Bottom