• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Ajemsuhgao said:
I'm 19 and what is this? :lol
Haha a while back I remember HaloGAF having an argument over this same thing. If I recall correctly I think both Ghaleon and Wu said they used the 100 post count. So after that we pegged the reason for it on them being old and not wanting to click through more pages. It was really stupid, but I still remember it. :lol

pahamrick

-Mikey- said:
Did Che ever send out codes for the noble 6 helmets?

Not that I know of. No one I know of was able to send him a PM on the waypoint forums. I tried sending the message through a friend request but never heard back so I figured using a FR was a no go.

Trasher said:
Haha a while back I remember HaloGAF having an argument over this same thing. If I recall correctly I think both Ghaleon and Wu said they used the 100 post count. So after that we pegged the reason for it on them being old and not wanting to click through more pages. It was really stupid, but I still remember it. :lol

I use autopager and I still don't want to have 50 posts per page :lol

Full of rage.

I've gone dark to avoid spoilers. And yet today, the whole plot was ruined for me by a stupid, ginger bitch that I work with, who thought it would be funny to blurt out the whole story, because her boyfriend downloaded it and completed it this morning.

What a fucking bitch. I've been carrying her at work, letting her get away with blatant fuck ups. But no more. After today, I will see her sacked for her imcompetence by the end of the year.

Sik is a sad, sad puppy.

So pissed off.

Tashi0106 said:
Yea Shake, that shouldn't happen anymore though since the jump height has been increased. :D
monumenttosins.jpg

darthbob

Sikamikanico said:
Full of rage.

I've gone dark to avoid spoilers. And yet today, the whole plot was ruined for me by a stupid, ginger bitch that I work with, who thought it would be funny to blurt out the whole story, because her boyfriend downloaded it and completed it this morning.

What a fucking bitch. I've been carrying her at work, letting her get away with blatant fuck ups. But no more. After today, I will see her sacked for her imcompetence by the end of the year.

Sik is a sad, sad puppy.

So pissed off.

You know what you must do...

DrBo42

Sikamikanico said:
Full of rage.

Sik is a sad, sad puppy.

So pissed off.

Oh man. It's time for the ultimate revenge, FHUTA and then get her fired. DO IT.
Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Magni

Retro said:
Now watch, Amazon won't get me my copy until 5 PM.
If it's not here by noon I am going out to buy it
(<not a real spoiler)

That's what happened with Halo 3, GAME shipped it two days late, but I bought a third copy at full French price (70€) because I couldn't wait, just to play it for two days. I late sold it for 60€ at Christmas to a friend who'd just bought a 360, first and last time I ever sold a Halo game :lol

Hixx

Meus Renaissance said:
Hypothetically, if a store here in the UK sold me the game even though it is set to be released officially on the 14th, and I play this game, do I risk being banned by Bungie or Microsoft?

no.

also tell me where someone is selling it early please :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Hypothetically, if a store here in the UK sold me the game several days before its release date, do I risk being banned by Bungie or Microsoft?

No dude!

Meus Renaissance said:
Good because I'm going to get it now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You lucky sobs getting it early, there's no chance in hell I'll get it before the 14th :(. Dutch stores are really strict about those damn embargo shits.

So when is the review embargo up?

MMaRsu said:
No dude!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You lucky sobs getting it early, there's no chance in hell I'll get it before the 14th :(. Dutch stores are really strict about those damn embargo shits.
:lol I know this shady store that doesn't care about embargos. They'll probably charge me more than the quoted price as soon as I get there, the dastardly scoundrels . So I will either come back furious or thrilled.

MMaRsu

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
:lol I know this shady store that doesn't care about embargos. They'll probably charge me more than the quoted price as soon as I get there, the dastardly scoundrels . So I will either come back furious or thrilled.

I know I'd pay about 75 for a Limited edition if I could have it RIGHT NOW.

But then again, it wouldn't be so special cause after tuesday I've got 4 days off work so that'll be my Reach time :D.

If I'm not out tomorrow night, I'm going to try and make it on for the last ever GAF Halo 3 customs, provided they're happening. Work the next day be damned.

LordAlu

A store relatively near to us is selling it early (Computer Exchange in Bradford), but the Street Breaker hotline has refused permission for nearby stores to sell it. Which means people will just go buy it there 5 days early and all the other stores will lose sales. We need a supermarket to break the street date before they'll allow other stores to sell :(

Popeck

Apparently Microsoft has high expectations for Reach:
Microsoft honestly believes that Halo: Reach will outsell Call of Duty: Black Ops this autumn.

"It's going to be a really good fight and yes I do [believe it]," Stephen McGill, Xbox UK boss, told Eurogamer at a Halo: Reach celebrity launch event last night. "We have huge expectations."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-10-ms-halo-reach-will-outsell-cod-black-ops
However, The best part is later on in the article:
Last night's event featured a live Halo: Reach showdown between celebrities and gamers. The team of stars - footballer Rio Ferdinand, Gadget Show presenter Jason Bradbury, rugby player Ben Cohen, recording artist Mr Hudson and TV presenter Jameela Jamil - was, in McGill's words, "completely trounced".

Radio 1's DJ Reggie Yates hosted the match and branded Rio Ferdinand "officially rubbish at Halo".

Ordinary gamer Robert Daniel Brown was on the winning team. He told Eurogamer he'd had "the greatest night of my life", and put the victory down to "good teamwork and communication". "We totally thrashed the opposition," he said. His top tip for Halo: Reach multiplayer: "Use the Battle Rifle; it's the only gun that all of the professionals use."
Dude...

EDIT: I'll probably get my copy of Reach later today or tomorrow.

Shake Appeal said:
If I'm not out tomorrow night, I'm going to try and make it on for the last ever GAF Halo 3 customs, provided they're happening. Work the next day be damned.
Damned womens stealing mah customs time. Make a good one guys.

Giraffetastic

Neo Member
Mine was sent at midday yesterday... *crosses fingers*

Saw this posted on Joystiq: information on the Halo series' AI. It's pretty interesting.

EDIT:
For example: "Rushing certain levels with the assault rifle isn't fun because the levels end too quickly. To fix this, Bungie made the AI more accurate the longer the player is out of cover."

Blueblur1

EvaPlusMinus said:
wait, where did the green dots by our names go
They were removed nearly two years ago and you noticed just now? :lol

Edit: People that write about games are supposed to get their review code today. That's what I was told.

Mr. Sam

Fantasy Final said:
I'm just sick of the BR. But I was more facepalming about the word "professional".
Just to be clear, I was saying his statement read sarcastically - not yours. Not sure if that came across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom