• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I go to the store and he tells me they've ran out of Standard Editions, pointing to the stacks of LE left. I shake my head and tell him no, that I spoke to him moments earlier in which he reserved a copy for me. "Ohh, okay", give me a second. A customer (a woman) comes in the store then asking for Halo Reach and he gives her the LE. She buys it, living up to the mum stereotype when it comes to games, completely naive of the fact that there was a cheaper version. I looked away wanting to tell her, but thought better of it as it may see him refuse to serve me. She leaves and he tells me "We have a few Standard Editions left, sir" and hands me a copy. But what can you expect from a shady store.

vyseir.jpg

Meus Renaissance said:
So I go to the store and he tells me they've ran out of Standard Editions, pointing to the stacks of LE left. I shake my head and tell him no, that I spoke to him moments earlier in which he reserved a copy for me. "Ohh, okay", give me a second. A customer (a woman) comes in the store then asking for Halo Reach and he gives her the LE. She buys it, living up to the mum stereotype when it comes to games, completely naive of the fact that there was a cheaper version. I looked away wanting to tell her, but thought better of it as it may see him refuse to serve me. She leaves and he tells me "We have a few Standard Editions left, sir" and hands me a copy. But what can you expect from a shady store.

vyseir.jpg

Where is this store? If your in the UK let me know - I want a copy! :lol

Feindflug

Great news! I'll get a regular copy of the game later this evening! :D

My Reach Slim console and the Legendary Edition will probably arrive at Monday...but I just can't get over that this weekend I won't be playing Reach.

I promise to post some pics for the jealous guys over here. :p

MMaRsu

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
They were removed nearly two years ago and you noticed just now? :lol

Edit: People that write about games are supposed to get their review code today. That's what I was told.

Two years ago??? That can't be right.. Actually I just noticed now as well :lol But I never paid much attention to it in the first place.

MMaRsu

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:

vyseir.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Arnie

Fuck, so jealous Meus. Why couldn't I live close to a shady store that sells Reach really early without any qualms.

Hixx

After some internet snooping I've found a shop that has copies in stock 20 miles away. Not being able to drive really is quite frustrating right now.

Tesco better come through. :(

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Blueblur1 said:

Edit: People that write about games are supposed to get their review code today. That's what I was told.

2 years? No way man, wtf.

MMaRsu said:
Two years ago??? That can't be right.. Actually I just noticed now as well :lol But I never paid much attention to it in the first place.

I never look to the left! You can't blame us, man.

FrankT

Meus Renaissance said:

All about that profit margin.

broony

HixxSAFC said:
After some internet snooping I've found a shop that has copies in stock 20 miles away. Not being able to drive really is quite frustrating right now.

Tesco better come through. :(

Where is that mate?

Blueblur1 said:

Yeah, mine arrived this morning.

Walshicus

CEX in Crawley had like, ten copies of the Standard Edition. I was sorely tempted until I saw the £65 price tag.

I made a pact anyway - me and three mates are doing a midnight-to-whenever complete Heroic run of the game on release, and none of us are to play Single Player until we're all in the same party.

Sixty-five-fucking-quid...

Sir Fragula said:
CEX in Crawley had like, ten copies of the Standard Edition. I was sorely tempted until I saw the £65 price tag.

I made a pact anyway - me and three mates are doing a midnight-to-whenever complete Heroic run of the game on release, and none of us are to play Single Player until we're all in the same party.

Sixty-five-fucking-quid...

Holy shit, $100 for the standard edition? :lol

Karg

Is there an cut-off age for standing in line for a midnight release? I'm really considering just watching from my car and just wait 20-30 minutes for the line to clear out to grab my copy.

I saw earlier in the thread there were some fellow old balls doing the same thing.

Don't think the store wouldn't get all the Legendary editions that were reserved...hmmmm

shas'la

Meus Renaissance said:

vyseir.jpg

game centre in fulham broadway?

I am off to a cottage for 7 days, have fun with reach, i'll play catch up next friday ;_;

Pratice that pro pipe! and if you don't all have 1k pistol kills by friday you all suck!

harrytang

K' Dash said:
I'm going to pick up my copy later this afternoon after work, is everything online ATM?

been up since Wednesday. for some reason the only games im getting into involve the maps made in forge. i have yet to play on any of the really new maps, including the new ivory tower. also everyone is voting for SWAT and BR start, or none of the above. I HATE snipers. I think i went -10 last night on the ascension remake, pinnacle?

Prine

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:

vyseir.jpg

Nooooooooooo

Add me: PRINE (you should be honored im passing out my GT like this!)

To any Irish HaloGAF looking to get reach for cheap.

A tonne of Xtra-visions are giving Halo: Reach for half price to the first 5 people in each store for the midnight launch. If you pre-order you get the bonuses and 800 MS points so this seems like the best place to go for most people who want to get it at midnight.

Xtra-visions that are opening at midnight

Jex

Meus Renaissance said:
Son of a gun. All the stores here are so damn reputable.

eso76

Was able to play half a chapter at my local shop (they wouldn't give me a copy, though : \) play a little with cinema, photo mode and forge.

random thoughts

1) Epic. Majestic.

2) Gorgeous. It truly is one beautiful game.

3) Photo mode threads are going to be stormed with incredible stuff very soon (and contrary to Halo 3, realtime is very close to renders this time)

Meus Renaissance said:
I will enjoy every moment, for you, Hixx.

It's called Game Centre in London.

Is that the one by Fulham Broadway tube station? Please tell me quick cause I can be there in an hour!!! Also did they have lots of Limited left?

eso76 said:
Was able to play half a chapter at my local shop (they wouldn't give me a copy, though : \) play a little with cinema, photo mode and forge.

random thoughts

1) Epic. Majestic.

3) Photo mode threads are going to be stormed with incredible stuff very soon (and contrary to Halo 3, realtime is very close to renders this time)
Nice.

Three more sleeps.

Empty

Meus Renaissance said:

goddamit. if i'm thinking of the same games centre, the one in fulham, that's like a 20 minute bus journey away. if i could afford to just forget about my already paid online pre-order i'd be right over there in a flash.

Definity

Leaving here in a bit to pick my copy up....

Can't wait to get sucked into campaign and see what Bungie has in store for us. For the folks that are already online with it - is matchmaking working well enough to get in a few rounds?

Feindflug

eso76 said:

random thoughts

1) Epic. Majestic.

Game sounds amazing! :D

I can't wait
for 3 more hrs! :p

Prine

Banned
Empty said:
goddamit. if i'm thinking of the same games centre, the one in fulham, that's like a 20 minute bus journey away. if i could afford to just forget about my already paid online pre-order i'd be right over there in a flash.

Same for me :(

broony

HixxSAFC said:
Gamebox in Spennymoor. However their website is so utterly shit I think I may have been tricked.

Cheers. Bit far for me on the off chance. Thanks anyway. Going to try the usally currys and comet on the way home after work just in case.

FrankT

eso76 said:

random thoughts

1) Epic. Majestic.

Man can't wait.

Alright, so I haven't gotten a PM in almost a day regarding the draw for the poster. Rather than waiting for the 13th I will do the draw in 5 hours.

I've put all the names into an excel file and assigned numbers to each name. Then I am going to use a random number generator online to choose the number/person.

I'll announce the winner this afternoon and get in touch with them in regards to shipping/etc.

Currently the odds are 1 in 132... Good luck to everyone.

Son of a bitch, the impressions of those playing early are going to make this last weekend unbearable.

My only consolation is that I got my university class and lab work for early next week done and out of the way, so I can pick the game up and play all day Tuesday with a clear conscious.

323820 seconds to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom