• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Japanese Recruitment Ad Says Something Vague About A PS4 Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

The End

If SMTV is going to PS4, one might think that P5 is also coming to Switch.

No reason Switch couldn't run a port of the PS3 version, but 1) after TMS Atlus would almost certainly want Nintendo to pay for the port and 2) It's roughly 20Gb on PS3, which isn't big by modern standards but is biggish for a switch game.

Danielsan

Please give me SMT 5 that's more in the vain of Nocturne than IV and Strange Journey. To this day I've yet to play a better JRPG than Nocturne.

NSESN

No reason Switch couldn't run a port of the PS3 version, but 1) after TMS Atlus would almost certainly want Nintendo to pay for the port and 2) It's roughly 20Gb on PS3, which isn't big by modern standards but is biggish for a switch game.
Switch accept 32 GB cards. And why would TMS decide its future when PQ and other 3DS games sold well?

Majmun

SMTV sounds logical.

Atlus worked hard creating and animating all the 3D demon models in Persona 5. They have to reuse them somewhere.

True Fire

If SMTV is going to PS4, one might think that P5 is also coming to Switch.

That's not how it works.

Persona 5 was released on PS3 and PS4. It's done until ATLUS announces otherwise.

SMTV was announced as an "HD Project" as opposed to Deep Strange Journey being announced as a "3DS Project." It's 100% fair to speculate that it's multiplat.

Hylian7

SMTV is the only thing that really fits the bill here. Glad to see it coming to more platforms too.

I honestly think the Switch version will end up being more popular, but I'm glad more people might get to enjoy SMTV.

sinonobu

Banned
That's not how it works.

Persona 5 was released on PS3 and PS4. It's done until ATLUS announces otherwise.

SMTV was announced as an "HD Project" as opposed to Deep Strange Journey being announced as a "3DS Project." It's 100% fair to speculate that it's multiplat.

I think it's called HD project as it is the first ever HD mainline SMT game...

Hylian7

Why wasn't it called Switch Project, if DSJ is 3DS Project? There's a dissonance in the terminology, which is why people are speculating it's coming to PS4.

Pretty sure back when it was announced, wasn't there a rumor that this game started as a PS4 game, and was also decided to be on Switch?

NSESN

Why wasn't it called Switch Project, if DSJ is 3DS Project? There's a dissonance in the terminology, which is why people are speculating it's coming to PS4.
I think it is timed exclusive for Switch. There is no reason Sony wouldn't announce the return of SMT otherwise.

sinonobu

Banned

It's the first ever HD mainline SMT game... They would want to emphasize on that rather than focusing on the platform... I don't think they would of named it 'PS4 project' even if it was PS4 exclusive.

I think the 5th post itt made the most sense in that this is probably referring to P5, because of the "greatest hit" and no mention of Switch.

Not to say SMTV couldn't have a PS4 release. I welcome a PS4/Switch multiplatform future. (Needs to cut both ways too. P5 Switch pls atlus) It's not a 3ds/wii/ps4 situation anymore. The hardware power is too similar for most companies to not multiplat most titles.

It's the first ever HD mainline SMT game... They would want to emphasize on that rather than focusing on the platform... I don't think they would of named it 'PS4 project' even if it was PS4 exclusive.

Atlus releases SMT games on the platform they have experience with and find to be convenient. Persona 5 was a huge undertaking, so they're now comfortable with the PS4 and have the assets. I don't think it's really about wanting to give exclusivity one way or the other, so if they can release it for both, they will. They'd put it on Xbox if it wouldn't be a miserable flop. SMT IV was on 3DS because it made sense, not because SMT is now a Nintendo Thing.

Ridley327

SMTV seemed like a certainty for a multiplatform release right after it was shown off at the Switch event in January, so it's probably that.

I think it is timed exclusive for Switch. There is no reason Sony wouldn't announce the return of SMT otherwise.

Someone claiming to have knowledge on the matter said that Nintendo was trying to work out a deal to make it a timed exclusive, but it would come to the PS4 regardless.

I think the wording and use of UE4 strongly suggest it's multiplat.

Hylian7

Is SMT also full of homophobia like recent Persona games?

I've considered giving the series a try, but wouldn't want to support that

There are no relationships at all in SMT. It's not a bunch of kids in school. They are apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic games.

Someone didn't play Apocalypse. :p

Technically SMTIV had it too (neutral route spoilers:
Isabeau
), but neither of these games had any kind of "social link/confidant/whatever" thing.

NSESN

Someone claiming to have knowledge on the matter said that Nintendo was trying to work out a deal to make it a timed exclusive, but it would come to the PS4 regardless.

I think the wording and use of UE4 strongly suggest it's multiplat.
Source for that? Not doubting you, just to be sure.

BouncyFrag

Turns out it's Persona 5 and the application needs severe updating.

Time to make amends for cheating on Rise.
IMG_1686.gif

Not that I doubt this won't be multi platform, but survey materials from Atlus point it out as being a Switch game and make no mention of other platforms.

That being said, it'll probably launch on Switch first and then PS4 later. I'd also bet that P5 will probably come to Switch too, if those trademarks are anything to go by.

Etrian Odyssey 5 port... one could hope.

Etrian Odyssey V: This plays like shit edition.

I haven't played EO before, but why would you need 2 screens? Does it require touch screen or something?
Heavily. And no, it really can't be shoehorned in any other way without it being a massive detriment to gameplay.

night814

I expect a full HD version of P4 more than anything else if this rumor is true, could be SMTIV or V also. Wouldn't mind getting 4 again if it's a big improvement over the 3DS games and I'm in love with those.

Passose

Banned
Not that I doubt this won't be multi platform, but survey materials from Atlus point it out as being a Switch game and make no mention of other platforms.

That being said, it'll probably launch on Switch first and then PS4 later. I'd also bet that P5 will probably come to Switch too, if those trademarks are anything to go by.

Etrian Odyssey V: This plays like shit edition.
which survey, btw? I've only seen a persona one

Ridley327

I haven't played EO before, but why would you need 2 screens? Does it require touch screen or something?

Kind of. A big thing for Etrian Odyssey is that you're physically mapping dungeons as you traverse the labyrinth, so the second screen acts as that map, which you can then customize with establishing boundaries, notations for shortcuts, etc. I don't think it's impossible without a touch screen or a second screen, but it's definitely a hell of a lot more convenient having it available at all times.

I expect a full HD version of P4 more than anything else if this rumor is true, could be SMTIV or V also. Wouldn't mind getting 4 again if it's a big improvement over the 3DS games and I'm in love with those.

Why would they do 4 again? Let that shit go.

Kind of. A big thing for Etrian Odyssey is that you're physically mapping dungeons as you traverse the labyrinth, so the second screen acts as that map, which you can then customize with establishing boundaries, notations for shortcuts, etc. I don't think it's impossible without a touch screen or a second screen, but it's definitely a hell of a lot more convenient having it available at all times.

Got it, thought it was like all the other Dungeon games. So you get to make your own maps. Sounds interesting.

asagami_

Banned

To create your own map (or improve the existing one in the recent games, I guess) is basically a main feature from EO games.

Thank god Switch have a touchscreen, so even if a Switch EO miss the dual screen, you could still create your maps.

Persona 4-2: The college years, forces everyone to get back together at the end of their college years after having been separated, and dealing with the changes therein

That or P4:DAN - now with actually good beatmaps, and a learn the dances mode that doesn't move the background with the character so you can tell how they're turning and how far their steps are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom