• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Japanese Recruitment Ad Says Something Vague About A PS4 Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 4, spinoff sequel number 4. In which the personalities get so flanderised that the part of Adachi will be replaced by a cabbage wearing a tie.

Eylos

Banned
Finally a Persona 4 sequel.

Let's do this.

Would love to see SMT V on PS4.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_eii9apm0kwoc4c0c4co8g0kss_640.gif

p4dan.gif

Hylian7

I don't think Atlus typically does anything specifically for E3, but I hope we learn more about SMT Switch (or V, or whatever it is called) soon.

Ridley327

I don't think Atlus typically does anything specifically for E3, but I hope we learn more about SMT Switch (or V, or whatever it is called) soon.

It's possible, but I really wouldn't expect anything until TGS. The best we could hope right now for Atlus at E3 are localization announcements for the remakes of Radiant Historia and SMT:SJ.

Fandangox

Whatever it is, it is likely that SMTV will be in the PS4 as well as the Switch as the website simply referred to the game as an "HD Project" right next to another project that specified the platform, which turned out to be Strange Journey.

Source for that? Not doubting you, just to be sure.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228263058&postcount=339

Welp, I have been told things from a source and he is usually right.
Take with a grain of salt:
-This proyect started as a PS4 game some years ago.
-Now is PS4/Switch.
-Nintendo and Atlus have been in talks of a timed exclusivity deal.
I really trust this guy so thats why I post this.

Looks like they removed the info because they didn't want to compromise/give up their source according to them. Grain of salt and all that.

Nottle

Persona 4-II
As much as I love p4, I think a sequel could be a disservice. All of the 4 spin off games from what I've heard haven't added much to the characters. The characters had amazing development in the base game, I can't imagine any more focus could be satisfying.

In a perfect world this would somehow end-up being a Catherine sequel, going the Star Wars route and ignoring a few numbered sequels.

But unfortunately we are not living in a perfect world, so we are gonna get yet another standard JRPG with a teenager/younger cast...

If it's SMTV, I hope the demon models at least match the Persona 5 ones in fidelity. They looked worse in the reveal trailer, which was obviously a WIP but still.

Ridley327

Boy, this thread sure has diminished any desire I could have had for SMT4:A. Not that I had a tremendous hope for it when it always looked like a quick cash-in to get more out of the assets they made for SMT4, but it sounds like it has even bigger problems than rehashing?

sasliquid

I'd be more happy about this if the rest of the game wasn't utter garbage.

I started playing DAN last night and I just have to skip all the dialogue. I love P4 and was able to sit through all the Arena story but DANs plot so far is so bad.

I like the actually gameplay enough

Persona 5 dancing is going to be a thing and it's going to be disgusting :(
Because you raised Ann's Confidant Link to max, she focuses on becoming a full time model and becomes a mega idol, and also a singer with a few hit albums. Within a few months, obviously, because this is a Persona sequel. A mysterious app appears on her phone, and she selects it by accident, thinking it's a music app. Music plays, but it's Ann's music, because this is a Persona sequel and she would have her own music on her phone and listen to it on a daily basis. After talking about her producer (Who is close friends with Rise, because this is a Persona sequel) the world around her changes, but because the metaverse doesn't exist anymore, she gets confused. It turns out that this is the funkverse, and instead of the surroundings turning into evil, twisted buildings, they instead turn into bright, funky stages. With a full audience, not entirely of shadows, but also cognitions. Because this is a Persona sequel. Also, the producer is evil. And Ann gets kidnapped because she's also playing the part of full time damsel, but not before she messages Joker. "Only your swag can save me."

And it's all because of you. Because you just had to raise her confidant link. Also, everyone has their regular Persona because lolconsistency.

Persona 5: Dancing on my Mind

Hylian7

Screw Persona, I needed SMT5 like yesterday. And I need it with everyone removed who was heavily involved in SMT4: Apocalypse.

Boy, this thread sure has diminished any desire I could have had for SMT4:A. Not that I had a tremendous hope for it when it always looked like a quick cash-in to get more out of the assets they made for SMT4, but it sounds like it has even bigger problems than rehashing?

TBH Apocalypse was actually great. The story was weaker than SMTIV for sure, but the gameplay in Apocalypse was much better.

I mean its a significantly better game than SMT4. Like by a huge margin.

FHIZ

SMT needs to return to home console. Time to put those HD demons from Persona 5 to good use.

I think someone figured out that the demons in the Switch teaser had the same animation as they do in P5, so that's probably exactly what they're doing.

Jigorath

Banned

Apocalypse was great.

I liked it a lot more than SMTIV.

I mean its a significantly better game than SMT4. Like by a huge margin.

It's a handholdey animu about happy demon hunting with your childhood waifu and meeting one-note comic relief sidekicks to strenghten your power of friendship. Then add in every other predictable trope you can think of and an even easier difficulty than SMT4.

It's literally the antithesis to SMT. Absolute junk.

Kouriozan

I think someone figured out that the demons in the Switch teaser had the same animation as they do in P5, so that's probably exactly what they're doing.
Yep, Thor is exactly the same model/animation.
They barely started working on it when it was revealed 4 months ago so I doubt we'll big infos about it soon.

I mean, one look at the idle animation reveals everything. If you pay attention to the animations in P5 it's not hard to figure out.

HeeHo

Oh man, I hope it's SMT V. That would make me quite happy. I loved SMT III on PS2. So damn memorable and re-playable.

I like Persona, but I never want to replay them due to how much damn dialogue there is. A mainline entry would definitely have me giddy. Considering Persona is the only big AAA jRPG series that does turn-based combat anymore, I would be ecstatic to see SMT V on PS4.

I'd also been thinking that the Persona's in P5 look really well-designed like they intend on using them in other games, like the next numbered SMT.

However, as sokuho@hokanko writes, it is possible that this is a mistake or outdated text from a third-party responsible for the description of this job application, and that the ”sequel" referred to would have been Persona 5 for the PS4, following Persona 4.

This is very interesting. The plot thickens.

Job listing is likely for Studio Zero, because it's for a new IP. The company in the listing is private, but mentions its past works include Persona, SMT, etc. so it's obviously Atlus. In describing the company, the listing says 'This company's greatest hit has currently released up to its 4th title, and its sequel is also planned for release on PS4,' which is where people are getting the SMT5 PS4 suggestion. But the likely scenario is that they're just using old copy from before Persona 5 released. SMT is good, but I think as far as Atlus' greatest hit goes in terms of sales, it's Persona. It also would be weird for them to just randomly throw PS4 in there instead of or without Switch. Regardless, I think SMT5 is multiplatform anyway. I mean the site itself calls it an HD Project instead of a Switch Project, whereas DSJ is called a 3DS Project, not Handheld Project.

This is pretty definitive. Thanks for investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom