• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 PC performance thread

I can't remove for some reason. I have it as read only but the film grain is still there
M8NN48b.png
yea ive been looking into it further since. I didnt notice it because once you start downsampling from 4k to 1080 it becomes near impossible to notice. I switched over to my laptop and played at 1080p and saw it was back.

Also I feel like Ive gotten rid of it now...but I dont know how, so I wont post anything about instructions until I feel a bit more conclusive this time. I was toying around with the ini a lot last night.

He was mistaken; the game doesn't use r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=x for film grain. Currently, as per the OP, the only way to disable it is to reduce the post-processing effects setting to medium, which also disables ambient occlusion.

Edit: I've added a note to the OP advising that adding r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0 to Scalability.ini doesn't work.
could try adding this to the scalability. I'm too lazy to test it atm

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=3

datamage

It does, but there's no option to enable/disable it. Instead, it enables itself automatically if your setup is HDR-capable.

That's interesting, since the PS4 version doesn't have HDR. (PC versions of games are usually the ones lacking HDR implementation.)

Gonna have to give this a shot, though I hate that the Creators Update fucked with HDR in W10.

Gonna have to give this a shot, though I hate that the Creators Update fucked with HDR in W10.

as I understand it, windows 10 didn't support HDR at the OS level prior to the creator's update.

The HDR implementation we saw in games prior to CU was Nvidia doing it through their drivers. However it seems that HDR isn't working right w/ their drivers in the later versions.

eh, I went and fucked around a little

I went and took the whole default list of PostProcessingQuality=3 from the UE4 documentation and pasted it into the PostProcessingQuality=1 in scalibility.ini for tekken. Here are the results

Default Medium
Xu8t2WF.jpg

Settings seen below:
Ifsa50A.jpg

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.MotionBlurQuality=4
r.BlurGBuffer=-1
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=400
r.LensFlareQuality=2
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=2
r.BloomQuality=5
r.FastBlurThreshold=7
r.Upscale.Quality=3

Besides presenting a darker images (Tekken doesnt have time of day changes that I'm aware of?), I do notice AO underneath the helipad. So that does seem to be working.

Parsnip

Took another set of screenshots this time on Precipice of Fate for the Film Grain removal command (r.ToneMapperQuality).

Medium: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/PoFMediumDefault.jpg

Ultra Default: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/PoFUltraDefault.jpg

Ultra with no CA but with grain: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/PoFUltraNoCAYesGrain.jpg

Ultra without both: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/PoFUltraNoCANoGrain.jpg

What we want to compare, again:

Default medium is tonally slightly different.
This is just a guess here, but medium is probably using the r.Tonemapper.Quality=2 instead of anything higher, which does indeed affect the color tone of the scene (as was also noted by Rayge in the previous page).

didamangi

eh, I went and fucked around a little

I went and took the whole default list of PostProcessingQuality=3 from the UE4 documentation and pasted it into the PostProcessingQuality=1 in scalibility.ini for tekken. Here are the results

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.MotionBlurQuality=4
r.BlurGBuffer=-1
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.0
r.LensFlareQuality=2
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=2
r.BloomQuality=5
r.FastBlurThreshold=7
r.Upscale.Quality=3

Besides presenting a darker images (Tekken doesnt have time of day changes that I'm aware of?), I do notice AO underneath the helipad. So that does seem to be working.

So with this I can get rid of CA, with Ultra AO, and still have high motion blur?

Momentary

Banned
Anyone experiencing random freezes during gameplay? Almost once per match, the FPS nosedives for a split-second when effects are thick.

i5-4690
16GB DDR3-1600
GTX 1080Ti
Samsung EVO 850
Windows 10 64-bit
1200p Ultra Fullscreen
Driver version 383.33

(Yes rig is imbalanced, gonna fix that in a couple months)

I got a Titan Xp and I'll get split second freezes. But it's rare. I also have the game on an SSD, so I don't know what it could be.

Default medium is tonally slightly different.
This is just a guess here, but medium is probably using the r.Tonemapper.Quality=2 instead of anything higher, which does indeed affect the color tone of the scene (as was also noted by Rayge in the previous page).

Indeed. Rechecked again on Dojo and Elevator. Bloom is not affected by the Tonemapper command, Chromatic Aberration does make it "stronger" by the nature of the effect. I'm not sure if DoF is, but I certainly see no difference.

Only links this time:

Dojo:

Medium: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/DojoMedium.jpg

Ultra: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/DojoUltraDefault.jpg

Ultra with no CA but grain: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/DojoUltraNoCAYesGrai.jpg

Ultra with no CA nor grain: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/DojoUltraNoCANoGrain.jpg

Mishima Building:

Medium: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/ElevatorMedium.jpg

Ultra: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/ElevatorUltraDefault.jpg

Ultra with no CA but grain: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/ElevatorUltraNoCAYes.jpg

Ultra with no CA nor grain: http://u.cubeupload.com/NightmareT12/ElevatorUltraNoCANoG.jpg

Momentary

Banned
I'm using this:
Code:
[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=3

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.Tonemapper.Quality=3

Motion blur is still there for me. But it is less pronounced.

Edit: I tried setting the values to 4 and 5. 4 doens't seem to do much and 5 adds film grain back in, but still uses low/medium blur instead of high.

Personally, The film grain at 4K isn't very pronounced so I think I'll leave tonemapper.Quality off. Film grain seems very prominent at like 1080p. So at least with this you can remove it and still have the blur setting (but not at max). I'm done trouble shooting this thing. I gotta get better at this game. I'm sure if enough people make their voices heard they will add in an option to remove CA and film grain later on.

Tonemapper.quality seems to cover way too many graphical settings at one time.

35054063546_5be9d62282_h.jpg

Here's with tonemapper quality completely off

34250453644_8e408207ef_h.jpg

I'm surprised how well this game scales. I can play it on my Media Server at 1080p/Ultra without issues. It only has a Pentium G4560 and a GTX 970.

Cyanity

Banned
Currently playing this in downsampled 5k (5120 x 2880) with all settings maxed (and the OP tweak to turn off CA and film grain). Have been getting a solid, consistent 60fps in all fights so far.

My specs:

i5 6600k at 4.3ghz
MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 OC'd
Samsung 850 evo SSD

M_A_C

I7 4770K
GTX 1080
16gb 1866 ram
SSD

4K Ultra without a sweat. This game looks, runs, and plays awesome!

datamage

That's interesting, since the PS4 version doesn't have HDR. (PC versions of games are usually the ones lacking HDR implementation.)

So I finally got a chance to try it out-- game does not support HDR. While it does send the flag to turn on HDR on my TV, everything looks completely wrong (using an OLED C6). In comparison, Hitman or RE7 are properly displayed when using HDR.

Since UE4 does support HDR, I'm guessing there's a flag set incorrectly somewhere.

kingbean

Runs great locked 60 @ 1440p ultra with CA and film grain off.
i5 4690k @4.5ghz
16GB DDR3 1866
Win 10
GTX1080

Also on my laptop locked 60 @ 1080p all high but textures at ultra.
i7 6700hq
12GB DDR4 1800
Win 10
GTX970m 3GB

So I finally got a chance to try it out-- game does not support HDR. While it does send the flag to turn on HDR on my TV, everything looks completely wrong (using an OLED C6). In comparison, Hitman or RE7 are properly displayed when using HDR.

Since UE4 does support HDR, I'm guessing there's a flag set somewhere incorrectly.
I guess so. It looked super oversaturated and wrong. I thought something was wrong within windows.

Gren

Does Story or Arcade mode unlock anything besides money? I deleted all the .usm files associated with them to free up space (down to 35 GBs installed now), but I'm afraid if I play those modes will crash now because of the missing files.

selo

Hey guys

Can anyone confirm? I've set my resolution scaling to 50% and this works fine when I play offline mode, but whenever I go online, the resolution scaling seems to go to 100% (which lowers my fps :( )

Is this a known thing?

Thanks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Since UE4 does support HDR, I'm guessing there's a flag set incorrectly somewhere.

Ah. That would explain why it's not "officially" supported. I don't have a HDR-capable display myself, but the implementation was described as "significantly more colourful with greater contrast as would be expected", so I made the inference that it was functioning as intended and the only issue was the lack of an in-game setting.

data

Hey guys

Can anyone confirm? I've set my resolution scaling to 50% and this works fine when I play offline mode, but whenever I go online, the resolution scaling seems to go to 100% (which lowers my fps :( )

Is this a known thing?

Thanks

Maybe try setting the config file to read only?

MGrant

Is there some way to change the region that shows online? I live in Asia, bought the game with an Asian credit card, and set my region in game to Asia, but the online vs screen still shows a map of NA. I'm guessing because I have a US Steam account. Not a big deal, but I do think some online opponents may be declining my matches because they think I'm out of region.

EDIT for those who need an answer: It apparently depends on your PC's region setting. Going to try changing it in Windows tonight and see if that works.

Due to my PC version being a bitch and not starting nicely I only got to try it for a few minutes earlier. Yes, it is over saturated now that I look at it. Not surprising it doesn't work as it should as HDR on W10 doesn't work either (be it an OS issue or a driver/OS issue, don't know).

Now on my laptop game the video (and maybe the game in general) has this nasty, oily sheen on the edges of shadows and shading. What is causing that?

Sectus

Don't think this has been posted in this thread, but here's the contents of the scability.ini file from the PAK files (there's 2 of them, one in Engine directory, and one in TekkenGame directory. I assume it's the latter which the game uses):
Code:
;
; Base scalability settings
; =========================
;
; The definitions here affect the console variables starting with "sg." and define the user quality levels (game/editor video settings)
; To override a specific platform use DeviceProfile.ini (whach out for the different syntax).
;
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Note: [ResolutionQuality] isn't using the usual 0/1/2/3 quality levels, the value directly maps to r.ScreenPercentage.
; This is because we want custom scaling aligned with the screen/window resolution with more fine grained control
;

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ScalabilitySettings]
; PerfIndexThresholds define the thresholds that determine what the autodetected quality should be for each group.
; When you auto detect performance, both a CPUIndex and GPUIndex are calculated on the machine.
; Use the console command "scalability auto" to print these values for a machine.
; The type of perfindex used to determine the quality for a group is either the GPU, CPU or Min.
; GPU means the quality is based on the speed of the graphics card. CPU means the quality is based on the processor, and Min means the group quality is based on the slower of either the CPU or GPU.
; Each group has a type followed by three numbers.
; The first number is the perfindex threshold that changes quality from 0 to 1. The second is the threshold from 1 to 2, the third is the threshold from 2 to 3.
PerfIndexThresholds_ResolutionQuality="GPU 18 42 115"
PerfIndexThresholds_ViewDistanceQuality="Min 18 42 105"
PerfIndexThresholds_AntiAliasingQuality="GPU 18 42 115"
PerfIndexThresholds_ShadowQuality="Min 18 42 105"
PerfIndexThresholds_PostProcessQuality="GPU 18 42 115"
PerfIndexThresholds_TextureQuality="GPU 18 42 115"
PerfIndexThresholds_EffectsQuality="Min 18 42 105"
PerfIndexThresholds_FoliageQuality="GPU 18 42 115"

; This is the screen percentage for the resolution quality, corresponding to 25% pixels, 50% pixels, 75% pixels, and 100% pixels
PerfIndexValues_ResolutionQuality="50 71 87 100"

[AntiAliasingQuality@0]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=0

[AntiAliasingQuality@1]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=1

[AntiAliasingQuality@2]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=2

[AntiAliasingQuality@3]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=2

[ViewDistanceQuality@0]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=2
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.4

[ViewDistanceQuality@1]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=1
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.6

[ViewDistanceQuality@2]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.8

[ViewDistanceQuality@3]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.ViewDistanceScale=1.0

[ShadowQuality@0]
r.LightFunctionQuality=0
r.ShadowQuality=2
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.06
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=0.85
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=0
r.DistanceFieldShadowing=0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[ShadowQuality@1]
r.LightFunctionQuality=1
r.ShadowQuality=3
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=1024
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.05
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=0.25
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[ShadowQuality@2]
r.LightFunctionQuality=1
r.ShadowQuality=4
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=3
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=1024
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.05
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=0.8
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[ShadowQuality@3]
r.LightFunctionQuality=1
r.ShadowQuality=5
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=4
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=2048
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.03
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=1.0
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=1.0
r.DistanceFieldAO=0

[PostProcessQuality@0]
r.MotionBlurQuality=3
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=1.0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0.6
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=300
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=4
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.Upscale.Quality=1
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.LightShaftQuality=0
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.6
r.Tonemapper.Quality=2

[PostProcessQuality@1]
r.MotionBlurQuality=3
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=1.0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=20
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=2
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=2
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.BloomQuality=4
r.FastBlurThreshold=2
r.Upscale.Quality=2
r.LightShaftQuality=0
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.7
r.Tonemapper.Quality=2

[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.MotionBlurQuality=3
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.6
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=20
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=2
r.LensFlareQuality=1
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=1
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=2
r.BloomQuality=5
r.FastBlurThreshold=3
r.Upscale.Quality=2
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=1
r.LightShaftQuality=1
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Quality=5

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.MotionBlurQuality=3
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.4
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=100
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=2
r.LensFlareQuality=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=1
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=2
r.BloomQuality=5
r.FastBlurThreshold=100
r.Upscale.Quality=3
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=1
r.LightShaftQuality=1
r.Filter.SizeScale=1
r.Tonemapper.Quality=5

[TextureQuality@0]
r.Streaming.MipBias=1.5
r.MaxAnisotropy=2
r.Streaming.PoolSize=200
r.MipMapLODBias=1.5

[TextureQuality@1]
r.Streaming.MipBias=1
r.MaxAnisotropy=2
r.Streaming.PoolSize=400
r.MipMapLODBias=1

[TextureQuality@2]
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.MaxAnisotropy=4
r.Streaming.PoolSize=700
r.MipMapLODBias=0

[TextureQuality@3]
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.MaxAnisotropy=8
r.Streaming.PoolSize=1000
r.MipMapLODBias=0

[EffectsQuality@0]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24
r.RefractionQuality=0
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.DetailMode=0
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 0
r.SSS.SampleSet=0
r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=0.5
r.ParticleLightQuality=0

[EffectsQuality@1]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=32
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.DetailMode=1
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 1
r.SSS.SampleSet=0
r.ParticleLightQuality=1

[EffectsQuality@2]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.DetailMode=1
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=1
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 1
r.SSS.SampleSet=1
r.ParticleLightQuality=2

[EffectsQuality@3]
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=64
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.SSR.Quality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=4
r.DetailMode=2
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=1
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
r.SSS.Scale = 1
r.SSS.SampleSet=2
r.ParticleLightQuality=2

[FoliageQuality@0]
foliage.DensityScale=0
grass.DensityScale=0

[FoliageQuality@1]
foliage.DensityScale=0.4
grass.DensityScale=0.4

[FoliageQuality@2]
foliage.DensityScale=0.8
grass.DensityScale=0.8

[FoliageQuality@3]
foliage.DensityScale=1.0
grass.DensityScale=1.0

Momentary

Banned
Don't think this has been posted in this thread, but here's the contents of the scability.ini file from the PAK files (there's 2 of them, one in Engine directory, and one in TekkenGame directory. I assume it's the latter which the game uses):

Thanks! This is some damn good data.

selo

Maybe try setting the config file to read only?

Thanks, seems the resolution scaling is bugged once you go into character customization. It gets locked and even if you modify the options and change resolution, it won't change. Restarting the game fixes it though.

Right. It was the new "Tekken" drivers screwing my game up. Went back to April drivers 378.92 and the game starts up properly. No overscan and green/purple colour. GeForce Experience still can't find it. Now, maybe the driver installation went wrong but Ii have a suspicion it's to do with W10 Creators Update and Nvidia's latest drivers, all of which don't seem to play nice together. Only issue I have now is the game runs at 50fps even though I set my desktop to 60hz. No fucking idea why. The game does kinda' run well but I feel nvidia have fucked up the drivers for this game, at least for me. And I have a PC that is only 6 weeks old!

MGrant

Thanks so much for this. Just did a couple quick tweaks and I can tell you that upping r.Shadow.MaxResolution to 4096 produces better character shadows for no noticeable performance impact so far. GTX 970 at 1080p. Increasing r.PostProcessAAQuality to 6 produces a slightly blurrier image with less aliasing; I guess that's FXAA for you. I'm not sure if increasing r.AmbientOcclusionLevels does anything yet. I couldn't tell from the couple of stages I tried it on. I'll try to get some comparison shots up later tonight.

So I went ahead and edited Scalability with all values, disabling SceneColorFringe, GrainQuantization and putting Tonemapper to 3 (because 4 was keeping the grain)

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.MotionBlurQuality=3
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.4
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=100
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=2
r.LensFlareQuality=2
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=2
r.BloomQuality=5
r.FastBlurThreshold=100
r.Upscale.Quality=3
r.LightShaftQuality=1
r.Filter.SizeScale=1
r.Tonemapper.Quality=3

Can anyone that's better at me checking Motion Blut check if this keeps the high level blur or still uses medium?

Wolverju

Neo Member
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing some problems with Tekken 7.

First launch, on the first cinematic, the fps was a bit slow and the sounds a bit crunchy.
Then in the menu, my fps is around 23 but when i turn off the Vsync it goes up to 60.
In training mode, in the character selection screen, the fps drops again to around 25 with all those fire effect."ready for battle"
The fps drops and goes up a bit randomly in the menu and during the character selection screen basically.
Did anyone experienced the same behaviour? How could i fix this?
Changing the resolution and detail level doesnt change anything... :(

Win10
16gb DDR3
I7 4790 3.6ghz
Gtx 970

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Silly question perhaps, but is the 'per object motion blur' pc exclusive?

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing some problems with Tekken 7.

First launch, on the first cinematic, the fps was a bit slow and the sounds a bit crunchy.
Then in the menu, my fps is around 23 but when i turn off the Vsync it goes up to 60.
In training mode, in the character selection screen, the fps drops again to around 25 with all those fire effect."ready for battle"
The fps drops and goes up a bit randomly in the menu and during the character selection screen basically.
Did anyone experienced the same behaviour? How could i fix this?
Changing the resolution and detail level doesnt change anything... :(

Win10
16gb DDR3
I7 4790 3.6ghz
Gtx 970

I have it happen too, I think the menus are 30FPS which is why there's this weird behavior. Either this or it is because it's loading in the assets (I've noticed smoother transitions if I pick a stage I just used, for example)

Also I'd swear the cinematics are not 60 FPS, but 24-30 too.

Wolverju

Neo Member
I have it happen too, I think the menus are 30FPS which is why there's this weird behavior. Either this or it is because it's loading in the assets (I've noticed smoother transitions if I pick a stage I just used, for example)

Also I'd swear the cinematics are not 60 FPS, but 24-30 too.

The problem is that it doesnt look smooth at all... There is definitely something wrong there :(

Parsnip

Looks like my guess was correct about Medium dropping tonemapper quality to 2.

The problem is that it doesnt look smooth at all... There is definitely something wrong there :(

That happens to me too, it's kind of jumpy. As long as the gameplay and the cinematics are steady, everything's fine.

So far only enabling story costumes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/6f7fhy/moders_extract_ninas_costume/

Seems crazy that they weren't available from the get-go anyway.

There's also a swap from Kazumi to Devil Kazumi's models (of course the moveset will be base Kazumi's though).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't think motion blur of any form is enabled on consoles.

Ah, that's a shame. Not a surprise it lags behind PC but was hoping that feature to be there, despite initial claims saying otherwise.

Momentary

Banned
So I went ahead and edited Scalability with all values, disabling SceneColorFringe, GrainQuantization and putting Tonemapper to 3 (because 4 was keeping the grain)

Can anyone that's better at me checking Motion Blut check if this keeps the high level blur or still uses medium?

It's still using lower levels of blur. Seems like tone mapper is directly tied to it.

I can't​ select resolution higher than 1080p even if VSR is actived in my AMD panel. Works fine with other games.

Two possibilities (that I know of):

1. You're running the game in borderless mode. If so, set it to fullscreen.

2. You've been screwed with the recent drivers that break VSR for select GPU's. This includes the RX 400 series as far as I know. However, this would likely affect all games, as it does for me. If so, do a rollback, and/or wait for a new driver to fix it.

Nikokuno

Two possibilities (that I know of):

1. You're running the game in borderless mode. If so, set it to fullscreen.

2. You've been screwed with the recent drivers that break VSR for select GPU's. This includes the RX 400 series as far as I know. However, this would likely affect all games, as it does for me. If so, do a rollback, and/or wait for a new driver to fix it.

Ay, thanks for the answer.

1. T7 is running in fullscreen.

2. I'll try again tomorrow but VSR seems to work on Guacamelee! since I can choose resolution above 1080p like 1440p or 4k in the settings. At the same time, I can't go beyond 1080p, no new resolution in the settings.

I'm running the last driver (the beta one) maybe I'll check the last non beta one.

Ay, thanks for the answer.

1. T7 is running in fullscreen.

2. I'll try again tomorrow but VSR seems to work on Guacamelee! since I can choose resolution above 1080p like 1440p or 4k in the settings. At the same time, I can't go beyond 1080p, no new resolution in the settings.

I'm running the last driver (the beta one) maybe I'll check the last non beta one.

I'm gonna hazard a guess you're not using GPU scaling? Because that's the broken feature. If you use monitor scaling, then some resolutions will be available (at least in some games), but not all will work. Your milage may vary.

Anyway, it's likely the driver. And I believe you may have to jump back a couple months.

Renekton

I got a Titan Xp and I'll get split second freezes. But it's rare. I also have the game on an SSD, so I don't know what it could be.
It can't be storage since the game loads assets already pre-fight :

Maybe the CPU/memory is not feeding a demanding GPU fast enough.

Momentary

Banned
It can't be storage since the game loads assets already pre-fight :

Maybe the CPU/memory is not feeding a demanding GPU fast enough.

Oh man I just noticed your memory and CPU. I don't think that's the issue either. I've got plenty of RAM and CPU strength. Could just be something with the game. It rarely happens for me. Maybe twice it will hang for a split second within a 2 hour session.

AcAnchoa

Any idea why the Steam overlay does not work for me in this game? It's frustrating because to see invitations or chat windows when I play with friends I have to use alt-tab and the game has frozen or crashed a few times after doing this.

Wolverju

Neo Member
I changed from full screen mode to Windows mode and everything is smooth now... 60 fps constantly. I had some fps drop for some reasons in fullscreen mode...
It's really strange, I hope a patch is coming soon !

Top Bottom