• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS twitter thread (?)

Neiteio

So the masks give them their powers? I'm guessing the masks fuse to their face once applied — like Jim Carrey's "The Mask" — which would explain why their eyebrows then appear on the outside of the mask (note in the concept art that the eyebrows are not on the masks when detached).

Guessing they woke up one day with the masks on their faces, and the masks presumably came from... ALIENS!

TheMoon

exposedvnpzq.jpg

mod bias against moving undergarments and/or bathing attire exposed.

is only possible explanation.

Doorman

Hedlok is a mask, with springy arms, that attaches itself to people and seemingly takes control of them.
People with ARMS power wake up with a mask attached to their face, that gives them extendable arms.
Does that mean, then, that these masks...

...Are the ARMS fighters unwitting hosts to newly-formed larval Hedloks?
D:

Harpoon

Hedlok is a mask, with springy arms, that attaches itself to people and seemingly takes control of them.
People with ARMS power wake up with a mask attached to their face, that gives them extendable arms.
Does that mean, then, that these masks...

...Are the ARMS fighters unwitting hosts to newly-formed larval Hedloks?
D:

Pretty sure an earlier tweet said Hedlok was created by ARMS Laboratories like Helix, so that's unlikely.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't seem that they wake up with the masks; the tweet suggests they go to ARMS Laboratories to get the masks to stabilize their ARMS after they wake up with them.

Mdk7

I wish there was a lot more focus on the story in the final game, those illustrations are just so cool!

Regiruler

Does anyone know the exact date when Port Mackerel was announced for Splatoon?

I want to think around with the numbers regarding reviews and post-launch content.

Does anyone know the exact date when Port Mackerel was announced for Splatoon?

I want to think around with the numbers regarding reviews and post-launch content.

They're completely different dev teams, and Splatoon was unique because they said before launch what DLC was releasing for the next 2 months

Doorman

I agree. Seems like a big waste to limit this lore to tweets that are never even translated and posted in English and trailers.

Maybe they'll add a story mode via DLC?

Fixed that up for ya. Getting people more interested in the world would be a good way to rope in people that may not necessarily be immediately interested in playing a fighting game, and I can't help but feel like the Western side of things has dropped the ball with how few of the Japanese accounts' tweets have made the jump. Some of Splatoon's information has been similarly slow to come over, and it kind of baffles me.

Regiruler

Translator request for actual information:

チャージ攻撃、つかってますか?コブッシーです!
チャージ状態は、チャージ終了後も一定時間継続します。チャージが長いほど、継続時間も長~くなる、強力な攻撃を当てられる機会が増え~る!
そしてこの継続時間、ファイターによって時間が異なるんですよ...誰が一番長いんでしょう!?チェケラ!
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/872197915279634432

This is kind of important. They may have actually done a balance adjustment, or at least this is a character-distinguishing mechanic.

Translator request for actual information:

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/872197915279634432

This is kind of important. They may have actually done a balance adjustment, or at least this is a character-distinguishing mechanic.

"It's me Biff! Is everyone getting the hang of charging? When performing a charge, you'll hold that charged energy for a short time after. The longer you hold the charge, the longer you keep the charge! Keep holding that charge and you'll get more chances to land a painful blow! Also this post-charge keep time varies from fighter to fighter... Who can hold it the longest!? Check it out!"

WAT!

wartama

Neo Member
"It's me Biff! Is everyone getting the hang of charging? When performing a charge, you'll hold that charged energy for a short time after. The longer you hold the charge, the longer you keep the charge! Keep holding that charge and you'll get more chances to land a painful blow! Also this post-charge keep time varies from fighter to fighter... Who can hold it the longest!? Check it out!"

WAT!

Wow, no wonder I was wrecking people with Spring Man. Charging arms is actually crucial, and I felt that I couldn't land charged hits with certain characters.

This info should be explicit in-game.

Doorman

Hey Helix still has his Goo Cohesion Straps, they could find a way to make it work.

That said I doubt Nintendo's even considering making skins a thing in this game. :p

Top Bottom