• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judas | Preview Thread

P52cHn1.png

TL;DR via Okami13_ on X/Twitter:
  • "Bioshock in space" from Ken Levine.
  • Non-linear story structure.
  • Main character has memory loss.
  • Three major side characters: Tom (Troy Baker), Hope, Nefertiti.
  • Each of their narratives occur simultaneously.
  • Your decisions with these characters greatly affects the narrative. Every player's experience will be different.
  • Some roguelike elements; Judas can regenerate herself (probably after dying).

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Combat and gun/hand models looks good, but everything else looks kinda bad, like it was supposed to release 15 years ago kind of bad. Environments and level design are essential in an immersive sim, assuming this game is one and not just some generic shooter.

But yeah the levels/atmosphere you see in the vids behind the character(look at that ground lma0), poor texture quality, weak lighting, etc. don't give me much confidence in the game, for now. Hopefully, it's still 1-2 years too early

NaCPGEp.jpg

HL3.exe

Man, I hope this is good. Been waiting for a proper Ken Levine ImmSim ever since System Shock 2.

This is probably the one bigbudget game i'm looking forward to. Hope their 'narrative lego' structure will actually break some new ground.

Plz be good

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Combat and gun/hand models looks good, but everything else looks kinda bad, like it was supposed to release 15 years ago kind of bad. Environments and level design are essential in an immersive sim, assuming this game is one and not just some generic shooter.

But yeah the levels/atmosphere you see in the vids behind the character(look at that ground lma0), poor texture quality, weak lighting, etc. don't give me much confidence in the game, for now. Hopefully, it's still 1-2 years too early

NaCPGEp.jpg
In that screenshot, the excesive hero lighting is meant to reinforce that those characters are HOLOGRAMS. Of course it's gonna look artificial and glitchy.

Any character that you otherwise see in-person looks fine and as it should.

hyperbertha

NaCPGEp.jpg
Watch the video again

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
In that screenshot, the excesive hero lighting is meant to reinforce that those characters are HOLOGRAMS. Of course it's gonna look artificial and glitchy.

Any character that you otherwise see in-person looks fine and as it should.

Watch the video again

Read what I wrote again? I'm not talking about the characters. I'm talking about the levels BEHIND the characters, and the lighting of the environment, the textures, lack of detail, etc.. I didnt even mention character models in my reply, but if we're going there, they're not too hot either.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This game looks awesome, but I lowkey can’t stand Geoff Keighley so I’m not watching those vids lol

Laptop1991

I really am looking forward to this, big fan of Ken Levine's work, just wish he would finish them slightly quicker.

Last edited:

Lethal01

had no inerest in this game, those are some quality waifus though.
Make it a Roguelite Sandbox with lots of environmental interaction and I'm in.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Watched all of it. Looking more forward to it then before. I'm not into rogue-lite's, but this interpretation sounds intriguing.

A more reactive world and characters are a perfect fit in this rogue-lite structure. I'm hopeful and glad to finally see a push in reactive game design.

amigastar

I didn't like rougelike elements in games before i played Against the Storm which had some of these,
I stay openminded.

e0n

All the characters look weird. It sounds like a Prey: Mooncrash mishmash with bigger production. I would be surprised if the narrative actually makes sense at the end and not turn into a Bioshock Infinite mess.

Pimpollo818

Bioshock dumbed down System Shock 2 but splurged on excellent audio (music, legendary voice over work) + first person cutscenes. I wonder if this will have better gameplay mechanics or if it's just visual fluff.

StereoVsn

This should be the hottest thread on NeoGAF right now.

If you want to know why the industry is in the state it's in, this thread should be illuminating. Shame on many of you.
Or people were expecting a proper story and hand crafted levels from the man who did System Shock and.m Bioshock games?

So no, not a shame on folks wanting a proper game with a story and not more of roguelike content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom