• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS twitter thread (?)

Dystify

Surely the Champion is playable/ will be with an update, right? That'd be a really strange omission if he was entirely unplayable...

Smash Bros. has interesting bosses that weren't playable without hacks. Could be the same situation here. But with DLC now being an option and all I'd say there's definitely a chance they will become playable.

Smash Bros. has interesting bosses that weren't playable without hacks. Could be the same situation here. But with DLC now being an option and all I'd say there's definitely a chance they will become playable.

That's true, but I'd argue that Master Hand and The Champion are two different categories of boss: MH is a large boss who doesn't operate like the playable characters, while it appears that The Champion behaves like a normal fighter, with the exception of his "second form".

Dystify

I kinda migrated to the Testpunch topic because there are so many ARMS threads on GAF right now. But here:

klLocxQ.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm assuming it's a reference to how many more days until Friday and possibly when we get to try her.

I know, but why did she have that 4

actually looking back, she never had 4 on her pants, ooo I wonder fi we could put stickers on our fighters

Dystify

I'm assuming it's a reference to how many more days until Friday and possibly when we get to try her.

It would be great if it's that but right now there's nothing indicating we'll actually be able to play the 3 other characters. I did assume this before so I still hope it'll happen. Right now the only changes seem to be 2 new modes and different battle maps.

Not surprised, I was using her a lot. lol
heh. I must admit I was bouncing between Min min and Mechanica for most of the testpunch and I won the vast majority of my mechanica matches too :3
(Min min took a lot more getting used to before I could start pulling off long win streaks, realising how the dragon arm worked properly and switching my left arm to a dragon weapon helped a lot)

They said win rate, not lose rate.
oh-ho! XD

StayDead

Mechanica did feel really good to play. A lot of people when I played her wasn't really countering anything I was doing either.

It doesn't necessarily mean imbalance too. It's possible that new people wasn't picking her because they think she doesn't look cooler than Ninjara (there were a lot of bad Ninjara players) and the better people understanding her toolset more were picking her up.

I really started to like her towards the end. She quickly became a fave, especially in volleyball.
I definitely found her arms easier to use in v-ball than Minmin's that's for sure :p
Any character that can rocketboost around is going to be cool to me though :3

Mechanica did feel really good to play. A lot of people when I played her wasn't really countering anything I was doing either.

It doesn't necessarily mean imbalance too. It's possible that new people wasn't picking her because they think she doesn't look cooler than Ninjara (there were a lot of bad Ninjara players) and the better people understanding her toolset more were picking her up.
To be honest, I suspect that some of it can be attributed to a lot of players not knowing how to deal with super armour outside of throws (many players weren't charging their gloves) and Mechanica's hover often means in 2v2 that you can stay out of the way of your more friendly-fire happy team-mates which is a major blessing in the testpunch :p
As for appeal, she gets waaaaay more fan art than master mummy and, for a personal anecdote, going in I'd already planned to play her and MinMin :3

Forkball

Bring me the mask of Spring Man so I can reveal his identity to the world.
DBh51ozUQAAWENr.jpg

Also if I am understanding the tweet right, if the mask comes off, their arms become normal again?

Also if I am understanding the tweet right, if the mask comes off, their arms become normal again?

According to the bing translation:

"Mask attached ARMS fighter for fighters like to stabilize in a spiral shape. ARMS the ability to wake up, the first ARMS Association representative TEL!"

Blunoise

So wait I'm confused, I thought they were born or got the arms later in life. Where does the masks come from then, did create the mask or something???

Kudo

The mask ARMS fighters wear, stabilizes the ARMS in spiral shape, and once removed, the excellent mask returns your ARMS to their normal state. If you happen to realize you have ARMS ability, first thing to do is visit ARMS Association and TEL.

So wait I'm confused, I thought they were born or got the arms later in life. Where does the masks come from then, did create the mask or something???

From the gameinformer article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...es-world-luffy-one-piece.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

GI: In the fiction of Arms, can people elect to have extendable arms? Can they have surgery to do that? Or is just certain people have these arms?
Ishikawa: Some parts of this are still secret. I can’t really tell you everything, but what I can say is it’s not something that they can elect for – not something that you would get surgery for, to replace your arms. It’s possible that some characters have had this since birth and it’s also possible that, for some characters it just suddenly...one day, they woke and were different. So, there are actually, really several different possibilities that could be the cause for this. So, aside from Helix, all the other characters like Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Min Min – these are just regular people with extendable arms and not cyborgs or anything like that.

DBh51ozUQAAWENr.jpg

a special illustration and details about the mask all fighters wear. It turns out that mask is the one that allows the fighters’ arms to remain all springy. If you remove it, your arms go back to normal.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/a...-official-twitter-account-june-5th-june-11th/

interesting. getting more lore already.

Forkball

Isn't the main boss just a possessed mask? I assumed Spring Man and Ribbon Girl had them because they were superheroes (though RG is an idol apparently), but everyone has them. I guess masks are actually a big part of the backstory. IT WAS IN OUR FACE THE WHOLE TIME. LITERALLY.

Blunoise

so on the reddit discord we hypothesize that the ppl know they have powers when they see the spiral eyes, and there arms turn to what ever type they are, like ribboon girls has ribbion arms. They can probably stretch arms like Luff can, but the mask creates the spiral arms they use to fight..

Also it seems headlock and Helix are created from ARMS Association, they could be bad guys lol

Top Bottom