• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft possibly targeting May release for Star Wars Outlaws

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
would be a nice surprise.

Wouldnt be shocked to see more companies do this. ND for example said they will announce their next game then release shortly after

Kacho

Way earlier than anticipated if true. Good move though. Dropping Assassin’s Creed Red and this during the holiday would be too much.

Ristifer

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

MiguelItUp

Would be a great surprise if true and the game lands well. It's really hard to tell at this point if this is possible or not.

CamHostage

I feel like this game would have showed up at the PlayStation State of Play (or an Xbox event, but their most recent one was first-party) if it was ready positioning for a release this soon. Ubisoft could of course do its own event and promote this game either with other titles or its own games, but only a few months' ramp-up for a franchise product with a boxed release would be tough to arrange for the company.

Very hype for more GOOD star wars content, hopefully. However, ubisoft these days misses their internal targets often. From Avatar suddenly appearing a year after the movie, to ac mirage missing 1st half of last year, to whatever the fuck happened to xdefiant. Im betting september and ac red in nov.

Audiophile

Gold Member
This is the best looking thing I've seen from Ubi in years.

Naturally,...I'm preparing for disappointment.

We’ve only seen the vertical slice demo so far. Traditionally there will be at least 3 downgraded gameplay and story trailers before even thinking about a release date.

Nydius

May 2025 maybe. The studio just released Avatar. Expect the big reveal with actual gameplay to be May 4th, not release.
Was about to write the exact same thing.

All we’ve seen is a cutscene and curated pre-Alpha gameplay. They’ve been talking up how large the game world is supposedly going to be. And people want me to believe it’ll magically drop 3-3.5 months from now?

No chance. I was already skeptical of the “late 2024” rumors, I sure as hell can’t believe first half of 2024 ones.

Edit:
They had already showed some gameplay last summer during their conference.

They showed about as much at the reveal last summer as was shown when Star Wars 1313 was revealed so I’m not sure what showing some curated gameplay back in June is supposed to prove.

They’ve constantly talked about how the game is supposed to be some massively large, “deeply immersive” AAA open world game in the Star Wars universe. Huge planets, factions and reputation systems, with more than one hands-on article likening it to RDR2 in Star Wars. I simply cannot believe they will reveal it in June of 2023 and have it out the door in May 2024. Or 2024 at all. Not when we know a huge chunk of Massive Entertainment was working on Avatar up until last December.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I love Ubisoft open world games, and i love Star Wars. Yet for some reason i'm not feeling this game, and i dont know exactly why that is.

Last edited:
They showed about as much at the reveal last summer as was shown when Star Wars 1313 was revealed so I’m not sure what showing some curated gameplay back in June is supposed to prove.

They’ve constantly talked about how the game is supposed to be some massively large, “deeply immersive” AAA open world game in the Star Wars universe. Huge planets, factions and reputation systems, with more than one hands-on article likening it to RDR2 in Star Wars. I simply cannot believe they will reveal it in June of 2023 and have it out the door in May 2024. Or 2024 at all. Not when we know a huge chunk of Massive Entertainment was working on Avatar up until last December.
To be fair, W whyman said 'expect a big reveal with gameplay' when literally they had a big reveal including some gameplay last summer. What you're describing is more of a deep dive, like what is being shown with FF7 next week. Also, did Frontiers of Pandora even have a gameplay deep dive on stage or did they just show a couple of gameplay snippets and a small dev diary then release it?

The release could be May next year, but I think if Ubisoft's trend last conference was to reveal a bunch of games that are coming out within 12 months, so far they are 3 for 3. Skull and Bones will be 4. Then this game would be 5th.

Last edited:

Woopah

I was nor expecting this until H2, so this would be quite surprising! Maybe they will focus on AC for the holidays.

pnutboy

Nah 2025. More likely that they reveal AC in May and focus on that, followed by more gameplay for Outlaws at their summer event

Dazraell

Not really convinced if they will make this target release, but if they do, that's awesome. Looking forward for what they will have in store with this game

Top Bottom