• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

I obviously haven't got to you yet, look how fast this thread is going.

To answer your questions, are those from sargon and others that attended with him because if they are then, yes, i would be in agreenent with every else here, but it they are from some other ill person then that is not what i was looking for and you've misunderstood my question. So what is the answer?

In the time it took you to write this post you could have Googled and found the information you wanted. Why are you demanding people put this stuff on a plate for you?

I think by saying what she did, she gave him exactly what he was there for.... A scene. I'm not a fan of either party here, but I do think Sargon has gone out of his way to make his "career" about Anita. He will say only 4% of his videos are about her but that is still 30 videos dedicated to a single person and I would imagine they are his most viewed.

Anita cherry picks a lot of her examples and criticisms (also has a writer do a lot for her) but still her points are valid and she certainly should not be threatened for them.

Dynasty

Please, please, try to put yourself in her shoes. Try to imagine that you're suddenly confronted by a bunch of people who have spent a good part of the last few years trying to ruin your life (if you don't know what these people have done to Sarkeesian, Wikipedia is your friend). And then think about how you'd react to it and compare it to her reaction.

I know enoygh(not everything as I had to catch up on what GG was about after it died down) about harrassment Anita got. I aint saying she is wrong for calling sargon a shithead im only making this point
She gave Sargon what he wanted and her response wasnt amazing like the title and many people in this thread claim it is.

And again I'll post , I agree with her Sargon is a garbage human.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

To answer your questions, are those from sargon and others that attended with him because if they are then, yes, i would be in agreenent with every else here, but it they are from some other ill person then that is not what i was looking for and you've misunderstood my question. So what is the answer?
These are the same kind of people who watch Sargon and his band of idiots who sat in the front row. And YES, what they did here did constitute harassment, they straight up got off on it. Admit that you have a lack of empathy instead of saying "I don't think that even the guys who straight up admitted to organizing and harassing Anita is actual harassment gais. I'm LITERALLY DISAGREEING WITH THEIR ADMITTED MOTIVE."

thekin

Banned
For a drive-by shitpost with any actual content?

Yeah, I think those are pretty clearly against the rules of the forum. You see people get banned for that all the time.

not a drive-by, anita is not a person that wants to make video game better, she does this in order to make money. it really is that simple. yet people on this site are always ready to keep giving her more.

BiggNife

God i love Neogaf, have a different opinion get banned.

i will get banned for this

If you want to post unfounded garbage to justify harassment there are like 20,000 forums on the internet where you can do that

not a drive-by, anita is not a person that wants to make video game better, she does this in order to make money. it really is that simple. yet people on this site are always ready to keep giving her more.

Whatever you think of Anita, it does not justify Sargon's behavior. Yet people like you are ignoring the actual subject of this thread to just shit on Anita and thus derailing the thread from its original topic.

Gestault

In a thread on an article accounting a recent instance of someone obsessively harassing Sarkeesian, which also details the history going back of the same, and also notes the social media presence of that person giving the same impression, and a NeoGAF member asks "has that person actually harassed Sarkeesian?", it's worth calling them out.

I can assume something about their ability to read, or ability to parse information, or I can question their sincerity and motives. In any case, that person is the most transparent person in the room.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member

How about you use your initiative and go educate yourself on a subject, instead of demanding other people do the work for you.

This shit is not hard to understand, it's easy to see the good and the bad here, unless you happen to have an agenda.

Yeah, some of Anita's videos may have had slight flaws in them but jesus christ. After all these videos she made, the game industry hasn't changed into this dreaded SJW paradise, everything is the same or better than it was before she made her videos. You know what else hasn't changed? The continued harassment towards a woman who did little more than give her opinion on fucking videogames.

Some people here are defending one of the main propagators of a mass harassment campaign against (mostly) a single woman that has been going on for YEARS.

And then you get banned and blame NeoGAF for biased moderation, instead of doing that maybe consider getting your fucking perspective on the situation in order.

I know enough about harrassment Anita got. I aint saying she is wrong for calling sargon a shithead im only making this point
She gave Sargon what he wanted and her response wasnt amazing like the title and many people in this thread claim it is.

And again I'll post , I agree with her Sargon is a garbage human.
The thing is that she ain't gonna pull up there and recite some kinda Seneca Falls slam poem to validate his dumbass claims. This is the type of retorts we should be throwing to the far right. Giving them the time of day with some enlightening speech will just legitimize their rhetoric more.

Buzzman

Banned
A conflict started by a jilted ex, has set alight the flame of the internet and has developed into a full blown culture war between the right and the left.

It's now 2017
The war still isn't over. Thousands have been harassed and and abused. The Internet has gone mad. The world has gone mad.

krazen

I think by saying what she did, she gave him exactly what he was there for.... A scene. I'm not a fan of either party here, but I do think Sargon has gone out of his way to make his "career" about Anita. He will say only 4% of his videos are about her but that is still 30 videos dedicated to a single person and I would imagine they are his most viewed.

Anita cherry picks a lot of her examples and criticisms (also has a writer do a lot for her) but still her points are valid and she certainly should not be threatened for them.

Can't let bullies slide; its not up to the abused to make it easier on the abuser.

entremet

I heard him on Joe Rogan the other day, looked him up, and was fucking flabbergasted by his Patreon numbers. Damn near 300k a year for being smarmy on twitter.

YT channel too. I listened to the interview. Joe is not a hard hitting interviewer and even he called him out on his Anita obsession. He's basically a real life Captain Hook, who is obsessed with his own Peter Pan (Anita) and her ruin. It's quite pathetic.

Joe wants to have Anita on as well. I hope he follows up on that.

Alucrid

Banned
Calm down and no, it was never ignored, it wasn't seen just how i haven't seen your until now. Stop making assumptions and besides, i have already responded to him.

but you assumed that she was a liar and had never been harassed by him before

DNAbro

You don't have to give her money to listen to her. And it's super fucking apparent that her criticism is necessary looking at how people react to it.

Saganator

You're right dude. Sargon and Anita are actually married and they sleep on a pile of money every night making sweet love.

LionPride

Banned
Are Anita's reasons for making her videos completely wholesome? Hell no

Is she sometimes making decent to good points all the same? Yep could be better but eh

cakely

I'm starting to think people are saving their accounts for Anita threads for the sole purpose of getting a glorious ban in one.

There's really no other explanation.

Any way to get the author or at least publication name in the op, unless I missed it? Feel like it's at least relevant, especially considering how much text is copy-pasted in.

And you're back, so not a drive-by; you've proven me wrong.

Just a shitty post then. It think we're all much better off for this reductive response with nothing to back it up.

So she's like every video game reviewer and critic ever? The immorality of it!

(Obviously she's different from them, but if you're not in a frothing rage about video games journalism as a whole for the same reasons you hate Anita, you're a hypocrite.)

thekin

Banned
If you want to post unfounded garbage to justify harassment there are like 20,000 forums on the internet where you can do that

Whatever you think of Anita, it does not justify Sargon's behavior. Yet people like you are ignoring the actual subject of this thread to just shit on Anita and thus derailing the thread from its original topic.

sitting quietly in a room and hearing what your opposition has to say is a bad thing?

Dynasty

You don't have to give her money to listen to her. And it's super fucking apparent that her criticism is necessary looking at how people react to it.

Trump supporters do what that guy is doing to, be insanely charitable to the poeple on there side and then give no margin of error to the otherside.

I mean it's clearly both? For a living she's trying to make games better... just like every other internet critic who gets funded through patreon or kickstarter or whatever.

I'm confused. Everyone does something to keep food on the table. Montarty incentives do not make every talking point invalid.

Mesoian

Calm down and no, it was never ignored, it wasn't seen just how i haven't seen your until now. Stop making assumptions and besides, i have already responded to him.

Like, real talk, if you're actually interested in this stuff, go check out "the red pill", a documentary based on this stuff from a few years back. It's not GREAT, but if you were confused about who the major players are, this will clear it up for you.

Crossing Eden

Any way to get the author or at least publication name in the op, unless I missed it? Feel like it's at least relevant, especially considering how much text is copy-pasted in.
I copied about 1/5th of the article. It's a long one and detailed one.

Can't let bullies slide; its not up to the abused to make it easier on the abuser.

I get that, but in this specific scenario calling him out just boosted his platform. I would say that ignoring the fact he was there period would have left him in relative obscurity. That being said I'm sure they both will profit from the whole shakedown.

AndersK

You know guys, I recently got woke to the fact that Druckmann and Miyamoto also makes games to earn money. *sharpens pitchfork*

Mesoian

What the fuck is a wholesome reason

Is she doing it out of the goodness of her heart? No. It's a job, she's getting paid, AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Like everyone you like on twitch or youtube with very little exception is doing it because they're getting paid.

Nepenthe

I don't want to hear gamers talking shit about Anita for making money off of her work when they jack off to microtransactions in full-priced games.

Crossing Eden

I get that, but in this specific scenario calling him out just boosted his platform. I would say that ignoring the fact he was there period would have left him in relative obscurity. That being said I'm sure they both will profit from the whole shakedown.
He's making thousands a month off of the same type of harassment that he dishes out at her. His platform was already boosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom