• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I guess it'll feel a bit strange when I post my SP impressions in the Online forum when I eventually get the game. >_>

Eh, maybe I'll just make a lttp thread instead.

GhaleonEB

Relix said:
Poor lurkers :lol
Sorry, Dan. :(

BTW, in case anyone didn't see it from the Forge thread, [URL="http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-reach-forge-discussion/110512-rotation-forge-useful-information.html#post1281428[/URL]. I'm going to use it for a race track I've had in mind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, I loved lurking GAF before I had an account :( And now I have to log in every time I want to use the iPhone web app to read this thread :/

Blueblur1

They've been trying to force us to use the online forum for quite some time now. I'm not surprised by this move at all. It kind of makes sense but it also takes Halo out of the limelight and will surely leave many thinking that GAF doesn't care about Halo anymore. Ugh.

Sibylus

Banned
Dax01 said:
What combat variety in T&R? What makes Nightfall better than T&R is T&R's second half: the ship part. There are hardly any encounters in the ship that leave options for the player to take different approaches. In Nightfall, for almost every encounter, you have at least two different approaches you can utilize. Then there are the improvements that Reach brings: like armor abilities and an expanded sandbox. Better atmosphere to boot, too.
I completely agree with you. The only thing I really miss from T&R is "Under Cover of Night".

It's kind of eery, in one of the replay threads we discussed how T&R would be a lot more solid if the outdoor sections were expanded and fashioned into a more complete experience. Uncommon to see that essentially happen, but it did in this case :D

Raide

Blueblur1 said:
They've been trying to force us to use the online forum for quite some time now. I'm not surprised by this move at all. It kind of makes sense but it also takes Halo out of the limelight and will surely leave many thinking that GAF doesn't care about Halo anymore. Ugh.

Don't worry, I am sure Black Ops will be here shortly to keep us company. :lol

Why For?

Banned
So doesn't that mean that CoD, KZ3, Resistance, Gears and all the other MP focused games should have their threads moved here eventually?

Blueblur1 said:

For the sake of the lurkers the thread should be moved back to the gaming side. OR could the online section not be made public for reading by lurkers?

Why For? said:
So doesn't that mean that CoD, KZ3, Resistance, Gears and all the other MP focused games should have their threads moved here eventually?
Starcraft II and Bad Company 2 got their threads moved here as well. I guess the same will happen to threads like those eventually.

I liked lurking in these types of threads before I had my GAF account and would even send the GAF meta tags friends request until I got my account approved. Most of the discussion has turned to online play though, so the move is understandable.

Haunted

Why For? said:
Are these even active?

Pretty sure this is only for really popular threads that have been around on the front page for some time now.

Why For?

Banned
Haunted said:
Are these even active?

Pretty sure this is only for really popular threads that have been around on the front page for some time now.

I mean Black Ops, Killzone 3, Gears 3 and Resistance 3.

I'm assuming all their threads (when they get made) will also be moved after a while?

Tashi0106 said:
I never go to the online section. This sucks.
But... you are here now. MIND FUUUCK.

Waynes_World_Suck_and_Cut.jpg

I don't like change.

Dug

Banned
MMaRsu said:
The hell? Why was this thread moved to online?
Some official threads, like Halo: Reach and Starcraft 2, remain on page 1 of the Gaming Forum perpetually. Yet these threads are at this point entirely discussions that fit the profile of the Online Forum: online matchmaking and multiplayer community talk. So we're going to be moving these OTs to the Online Forum after a period of time to clear up space for more relevant threads.

Remember, you can just use NeoGAF's subscription function to keep track of those among these threads you care about without constantly checking the Online Forum itself. If you aren't using subscriptions already, go to:

User CP --> Messaging & Notification --> Default Thread Subscription Mode ---> No email notification

and you'll automatically subscribe to any thread you post in, with a custom "page 1" of your subscribed threads displaying when you click Subscriptions on the navigation bar.
^

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MMaRsu said:
The hell? Why was this thread moved to online?
because the only reason anyone still plays campaign is for challenges. lolololol.

Blueblur1 said:
Eh? When all the threads are in there and Reach is the only one in OT3, I think people will get an idea its still pretty huge. And at the same time, what difference do other people's opinions make exactly?

Haunted

Why For? said:
I mean Black Ops, Killzone 3, Gears 3 and Resistance 3.

I'm assuming all their threads (when they get made) will also be moved after a while?
Sure, when the SP discussion in those has died down, they'll be moved eventually.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Haunted said:
Sure, when the SP discussion in those has died down, they'll be moved eventually.

No, I just hate Halo! BANISHMENT!!!!!

Yes, of course they'll be moved too when appropriate.

Also, the online forum is likely going to be made public viewing. There will just be a warning so people can remove any unwanted personal info and such. That's still being worked out.

reposting from last page, because i think it got lost in the sky-falling Online talk:

I just did a few bits of Nightfall to get a chunk taken out of the weekly, but then when I eventually gave up (after getting about ~30 headshots) I hit save and quit, and it reset my weekly counter to zero. What the hell? Anyone else seen this happen?

Do I need to do all 70 in one run (which I assume means you have to reload checkpoints ooooooover and oooooooover). It was definitely ticking up the challenge as I was playing - the little notification in the bottom corner kept coming up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EviLore said:

Also, the online forum is likely going to be made public viewing. There will just be a warning so people can remove any unwanted personal info and such. That's still being worked out.
What's the reasoning behind making Online public viewing? I kinda thought part of the reason it existed was to have GAF-only and GAF-private events and GAF member information sharing (like gamertags and stuff).

zumphry

Banned
oddworld18 said:
Do I need to do all 70 in one run (which I assume means you have to reload checkpoints ooooooover and oooooooover). It was definitely ticking up the challenge as I was playing - the little notification in the bottom corner kept coming up.

Yeah.

I suggest going past the first Elite and Grunts, and just killing the four Ranger Elites over and over again that jump from rooftop to rooftop. Or play the level normally, and restart the level from the in-game menu.

Also:

NvTu1.gif

:lol :lol

feel

EviLore said:

Is this the first time you stop by? :)

And thanks, I was concerned about the death of halogaf lurking by non members (I sent you a PM about it that you can now ignore).

GhaleonEB

RdN said:
Wow.. what a lame weekly challenge.. did it in less than 10 minutes.
Could you post a video of how? I saw on your game history it took you eight minutes to get 70 headshots in the game. I'm 10 minutes in, have landed 20 or so, and have mostly used up my allotment of 58 shots, and don't know where to find more. It's mind-boggling to me that you could line up ~10 headshots per minute for that long on a campaign mission. I'm doing something wrong.

GhaleonEB said:
Could you post a video of how? I saw on your game history it took you eight minutes to get 70 headshots in the game. I'm 10 minutes in, have landed 20 or so, and have mostly used up my allotment of 58 shots, and don't know where to find more. It's mind-boggling to me that you could line up ~10 headshots per minute for that long on a campaign mission. I'm doing something wrong.

I'd suggest swapping sprint for Active Camo. Enemies tend to just stand still when you are far away and they can't see you. Makes it a bunch easier to get headshots.

Sibylus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
That has "first Elite from behind over and over again" written all over it (not that I judge, I'd do it too :lol ).

I dunno, it seems more enjoyable to just farm an SP challenge and beat the rest of the chapter after it's done. Maybe that's just me, because I'd be checking the counter constantly and worrying about falling short of the required amount (instead of just enjoying myself and picking it up along the way).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=307514075&player=Oml3t

Took me 6 minutes.

Just wait until Jun stops talking to Kat in the beginning so that as soon as you approach the first Elite, the game gives you a checkpoint. Shoot the Elite with the Sniper in the head > Reload Checkpoint > Rinse & Repeat.

Sai-kun

Banned
ZayneH said:
Yeah.

I suggest going past the first Elite and Grunts, and just killing the four Ranger Elites over and over again that jump from rooftop to rooftop. Or play the level normally, and restart the level from the in-game menu.

Also:

NvTu1.gif

:lol :lol

:lol :lol That is awesome.

watership

CrazedArabMan said:
Wow, uh this is kinda, yeah, not digging this at all considering we kinda talk campaign also. :/
I get their reasoning, but the game is not even 2 months old yet. What about those who buy this game for Black Friday and Christmas?

bobs99 ... said:
Watching them run up on stage and do a gangsta handshake with theyre teammates is cringeworthy though. :lol

I saw the start of the stream, but turned it off to play some Halo lol, do MLG have like an archive section where I can watch it? I want to see how MLG Reach plays.

It's the one thing I don't like about MLG. The basketball intros are corny.

watership said:
I get their reasoning, but the game is not even 2 months old yet. What about those who buy this game for Black Friday and Christmas?

It's not like it really matters, it's just weird, and I'm not a big supporter of change either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Corran Horn said:
War never changes!

I cant get into online threads with the secondapp without subscriptions on my phone so this sucks :(
Wait what? You can just log in can't you and check the thread? I don't use subscriptions but the option is there I'm pretty sure.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
enzo_gt said:
Wait what? You can just log in can't you and check the thread? I don't use subscriptions but the option is there I'm pretty sure.
Im on secondapps.com/neogaf now and I dont see it. Logged in as well. Im on android phone but that really shouldn't matter for webpage :/

Only way for me to check these threads are to subscribe it seems. Oh well :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Corran Horn said:
Im on secondapps.com/neogaf now and I dont see it. Logged in as well. Im on android phone but that really shouldn't matter for webpage :/

Only way for me to check these threads are to subscribe it seems. Oh well :(
Oh shit, just checked and its not showing up on my iPhone either (makes sense). That's weird. Do not like D:

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I mean, I'll go to online now but the way I always searched GAF was I would click the Gaming tab, look through all of the threads for interesting stuff and if I didn't find anything I would enter the Halo thread.

Weird move. While I know a lot of the discussion does revolve around MP, just as much revolves around campaign, forge, and firefight which can be but are not exclusive to online.

Ah well, will there eventually be split OTs for online and campaign?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Demoncarnotaur said:
Weird move. While I know a lot of the discussion does revolve around MP, just as much revolves around campaign, forge, and firefight which can be but are not exclusive to online.

I hope not. This is the all in one reach thread and always will be for me. Segmenting discussion never really works out in the long run.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Does Crackshot need to be done in one session? I got like 27 headshots earlier and thought I'd just finish it later so I quit and now it's at zero.... lame.

Demoncarnotaur said:

Oh please no, I hope it isn't split up, I wouldn't even bother following all together, one big thread is hard enough to follow, but 2, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom