• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyvvolf

I thought I would play a game of SWAT to get the Vengeance Found challenge. Two people immediately quit the game. So, it's 2 vs. 4. There was three guys in a party, and one of them starts trash talking. The one guy says "Four vs. two? We're gonna rape 'em." He just keeps trash talking before the game. I don't think I ever wanted to win a game so badly after that. Before the game starts, I hope the other dude on my team is thinking the same. We start and keep a good lead over them throughout the game. I assassinate one of them; teabag like, 5 of them. After the game was over they were all silent. Feels good, man.

TheOddOne

ZayneH said:
NvTu1.gif

:lol :lol
:handclaps: :lol

zumphry

Banned
TheOddOne said:
:handclaps: :lol

It's seriously like the best avatar ever.

Kinda makes me wish Sai would start doing those Noble Six meme generated images, but use different armor armor abilities/weapons for different types of players. Armor Lock obviously being the troll player, jetpacks for the newbies.

ZayneH said:

Kinda makes me wish Sai would start doing those Noble Six meme generated images, but use different armor armor abilities/weapons for different types of players. Armor Lock obviously being the troll player, jetpacks for the newbies.
I like Armor Lock. :(

If only because it gives me a fighting chance against Fuel Rod Grunt Ninja's during Firefight.

ZayneH said:
Yeah.

I suggest going past the first Elite and Grunts, and just killing the four Ranger Elites over and over again that jump from rooftop to rooftop. Or play the level normally, and restart the level from the in-game menu.

Also:

NvTu1.gif

:lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

As much as I hate armour lock, that avatar is amazing.

TheOddOne

ZayneH said:

I like the trend of famous posters/pics being changed into memes too. Now I want one :p

Sibylus

Banned
Got through all the challenges save Vengeance Found in about an hour, received 8,500 cR. Blitzin' through this Warrant Officer hump quite handily :D

Dax01 said:
I hope I can still talk about campaign in here. Imma gonna do a write up comparing Reach to Halo 1.
Do eet!

*scratches chin and wonders if he's forgetting some sort of personal writing task*

Oh shit, review!

*goes to write some more*

Amir0x

Banned
Dax01 said:
I hope I can still talk about campaign in here. Imma gonna do a write up comparing Reach to Halo 1.

There is no rule against you making a thread specifically around discussing HALO Lore/campaigns, so you know. Why don't you do that instead of getting yourself banned?

Sibylus

Banned
Reach has been such an odd game for me. The more I look at things and pick them apart, the more I like the game. I played a few missions of Halo 3 coop a few days ago, and I was just hit by an enormous sense of loss. Revisiting 1 after 2, and 2 after 3, I wasn't really struck with that feeling.

Amir0x said:
There is no rule against you making a thread specifically around discussing HALO Lore/campaigns, so you know. Why don't you do that instead of getting yourself banned?
So is this an official notice? The Halo main has always had combination sp/multi talk, so it'd be nice to know exactly what's changing (if anything).

neoism

It does suck the thread got moved, but it really doesn't matter anyway. I always leave this thread tabbed anyway..

neoism

Haunted said:
I guess it'll feel a bit strange when I post my SP impressions in the Online forum when I eventually get the game. >_>

Eh, maybe I'll just make a lttp thread instead.
post in this thread please, just because where in the online forum doesn't mean we can't talk about single-player.... It's about HALO reach, post in here. We don't need 50 threads... :/

neoism

Also something I noticed yesterday, Why is the Killzone 2 thread still alive... it's over 32K posts, and it's not moved either?

ZayneH said:

I used http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/ since I don't have the Avenir font on my laptop, sadly.

And then I grabbed the Armor Lock icon off my service record (#10 favorite weapon), but it's painfully low-res. I had to massage it a lot in photoshop. Maybe Bungie will give us high res armor ability/weapon icons?

I'm finally starting to get the hang of using sprint always in Arena. Having the ability to run away from battles really seems to help both on individual KD performance and in Team performance.

I may be a bit LTTP on this, but what was the reasoning behind removing jetpack but not Armor Lock?

neoism

Mr. Sam said:
Nobody's posted up today's challenges yet?
the thread is dead... :(

I kid

1000cR
Gunslinger
Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1500cR
Gunslinger
Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1000cR
There Are Many Like...
Kill 100 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today.

600cR

Blast Radius
Kill 30 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades.

equil

Greyvvolf said:
I thought I would play a game of SWAT to get the Vengeance Found challenge. Two people immediately quit the game. So, it's 2 vs. 4. There was three guys in a party, and one of them starts trash talking. The one guy says "Four vs. two? We're gonna rape 'em." He just keeps trash talking before the game. I don't think I ever wanted to win a game so badly after that. Before the game starts, I hope the other dude on my team is thinking the same. We start and keep a good lead over them throughout the game. I assassinate one of them; teabag like, 5 of them. After the game was over they were all silent. Feels good, man.

SWAT is usually easier if you have less people on your team. Less targets for them to kill.

Meh, the change doesn't bother me. I'm a User CP forum-goer by heart. I do feel bad for the lurkers; that was one of my little joys when I was waiting (forever) to get approved.
Zeouterlimits said:
Yep, that's what it says on bnet. Hopefully it'll be changed once the mistake is caught. One of those has to be firefight related.

Kujo

neoism said:
1000cR
Gunslinger
Kill 100 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1500cR
Gunslinger
Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.
The 2nd one is kind of bugged. Once you get the 100 kill challenge, the 150 one stops counting. I did get both challenges done, and I believe it awarded the credits, but the 2nd challenge still remains at 100/150 in the menu for some reason after a couple of more games.

Mr. Sam said:
Nobody's posted up today's challenges yet?
Thankfully not. I hope I'm not the only one, but I'm tired of people posting today's challenges when they can be seen on Bungie.net or HBO (both links are in the OP).

Edit: spoke to soon. :(
Amir0x said:
That seems kinda clumsy to me. So whenever I want to talk about campaign, I have to make a new thread? I don't wanna clutter up the forums.

I guess I could make an official Reach Campaign Discussion thread. Not sure if that'd be easier, though.

@Botolf, my write-up isn't going to be until Winter break (all throughout December).

chess

Today is the day Reach officially dies. :( All the classic Halo lovers, like myself, hardly play and all the mass public Reach is catered to is jumping ship to COD. Here's to hoping a classic list comes in Dec to revive the masses!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Dax01 said:
Thankfully not. I hope I'm not the only one, but I'm tired of people posting today's challenges when they can be seen on Bungie.net or HBO (both links are in the OP).

Edit: spoke to soon. :(

That seems kinda clumsy to me. So whenever I want to talk about campaign, I have to make a new thread? I don't wanna clutter up the forums.

I guess I could make an official Reach Campaign Discussion thread. Not sure if that'd be easier, though.

@Botolf, my write-up isn't going to be until Winter break (all throughout December).

Lots of us can't view B.net at work and yet we still like to see what's in store for us when we get home.

chess said:
Today is the day Reach officially dies. :( All the classic Halo lovers, like myself, hardly play and all the mass public Reach is catered to is jumping ship to COD. Here's to hoping a classic list comes in Dec to revive the masses!
Why are you saying that? Halo 3 survived MW, WaW, and MW2.
Jedeye Sniv said:
Lots of us can't view B.net at work and yet we still like to see what's in store for us when we get home.
What about HBO?

Cmon not this CoD Halokiller shit.

Variety is the spice of life, how do people still believe in monogamy?!

I'm about to go dong on some kids in whatever I feel like...because I can.

Huh, haven't posted in here in a while. It doesn't seem kind've odd to have it in the Online forum, these threads have always gone from MP talk to lore/campaign talk all the time.

Anyway, I wanted to jump back in cause I just booted up the Campaign to go for the Precision weapon challenge and was annoyed to discover my campaign progress is gone. I can start from the second rally point of Winter Contingency and that's it.

It was all there the last time I played campaign and I've most definetly played through the campaign, at least 4 or 5 times now.

Anyone had this issue or heard of it? It's not a huge deal, it's just annoying that I can't skip to different levels.

Why weren't we just told to make a thread in Online anyway (or make a Reach MM thread similar to Halo 3's Dino thread)?

Either way, this multiplayer has one awesome OP for an online gaming thread.

So, campaign lore/impressions are not worthy of this thread, but rather a thread should be made in Gaming for those but say if I wanted to play through the campaign with Gaffers I would do so here?

Dax01 said:
Why are you saying that? Halo 3 survived MW, WaW, and MW2.

What about HBO?

Well Halo 3 survived, but lost a LOT of players, especially when MW2 came out. After which a lot of the players left on Halo where the hardcore Halo lovers. Black Ops will attract the general population of players stealing that population from Reach, again I only expect the pure Reach lovers (and CoD haters) to stick to Reach. So I kinda agree with Chess, while Reach wont exactly be dead, new playlists would be a great way to drag people back on.

I REALLY hope we get to see weekend playlists soon, on Halo 3 im willing to bet that most people only played on the weekend towards the end with just a hardcore population playing it every day. I dont even care about double cr, I just want to see stuff like Firefight versus, with Black Ops coming out people are gonna need an incentive to switch disks.

xxjuicesxx said:
Cmon not this CoD Halokiller shit.

Variety is the spice of life, how do people still believe in monogamy?!

I'm about to go dong on some kids in whatever I feel like...because I can.

100% this. Both games are great.

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
Wait, what? Could you clarify? That's an important change to the thread discussion and we've had no notice about it. We can't talk about campaign here? What about Forge and Firefight?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GhaleonEB said:
Wait, what? Could you clarify? That's an important change to the thread discussion and we've had no notice about it. We can't talk about campaign here? What about Forge and Firefight?

I don't think his intent was to suggest that any post that's less than 100% multiplayer would get banned, I think his intent was to suggest that posters who announce "welp, screw the rules, i post what i want, if u don't like it ban me" are being counterproductive.

Obviously it's going to take a little while to figure out how to best keep thread communities integrated, lively, and active while keeping recurrent multiplayer discussion in the Online forum so that we don't end up with the gaming forum clogged up by SUPERMEGAOT threads that perennially occupy half the front page. From what I can tell, most of the replies in the moved threads seem to be generally sympathetic to our objective but worried about how best to help achieve that objective without kneecapping the communities, which is totally understandable.

I can't imagine anyone would ever be punished for innocent confusion about what is the best way to go about doing this stuff during the transition period.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I don't understand why all of the Amazon sales threads are still on the campaign side. Shouldn't they be moved to online just like the Buy/Sell/Trade thread? Inconsistent enforcement of the rules is fun. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom