• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVC3: She-Hulk and Zero Confirmed

Niitsuma has said that part of the reason they brought back Dr. Doom and Magneto was because of their popularity in MvC2. It was because of those statements that kensk's claim that the top four would mostly return was so believable.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Well they are also two of the most popular Marvel villains. Sentinel is only cared about cause he was the best character in the game.

Dahbomb

2&2 said:
Oh gross. I just realized Sentinel is on the likely real leaked list. Guh. People only liked him because he/it was a broken mess in MvC2. Does Sentinel really deserve a spot based on the characters relevance in representing Marvel nowadays? No. People would drop the character like a rock in MvC2 if he can't be abused. That's a waste of a slot to me.

No Spider-Man villain either, not even Venom? Boo. No Frank or Chuck from series that's super-high profile right now? Weird. These are the only real disappointing things to me. A Spidey villain, a Dead Rising lead, and a Mega Man version need to be in the game somehow. If they're not in the game, they better be DLC, especially after teasing with a silhouette that is obviously Frank West. Maybe they decided to hold him for DLC for near Case Zerp's release for dual-hype. If Capcom was intentionally using certain silhouettes to mislead people then they're just being asses.
Frank West appeared in a recent silhouette with She-Hulk's character art so either they are intentionally messing with our heads or Frank West really IS in the game some way or another.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dahbomb said:
Frank West appeared in a recent silhouette with She-Hulk's character art so either they are intentionally messing with our heads or Frank West really IS in the game some way or another.

He did? I dont think he has appeared since his initial appearances early on.

What's weird is that he's not in the silhouette ring behind Jill (and probably Shuma-Gorath but we can't tell). Have the silhouette rings ever changed before?

And yeah, Frank has constantly appeared since the beginning. He's been on the official site for a while. It's Viper whose silhouette only appeared once.

Kusagari

I swear that guy in the helmet who was flying the helicopter in one of the preview cinematic vids HAD to be Frank West.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
What's weird is that he's not in the silhouette ring behind Jill (and probably Shuma-Gorath but we can't tell). Have the silhouette rings ever changed before?

And yeah, Frank has constantly appeared since the beginning. He's been on the official site for a while. It's Viper whose silhouette only appeared once.

I think the last time the silhouette ring changed was when Dormammu/VJ were revealed. It doesnt seem to have anyone newer. Also some of the silhouettes on the ring dont match the official art (like Deadpool).

Edit: Is that Wesker?

Dahbomb

d9068559fe8b44cb29f1116f8dac1999.jpg

Frank West is in as is Wesker so we know that it's a fairly recent background.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
Frank West is in as is Wesker so we know that it's a fairly recent background.

Where is wesker in that circle. I think you meant Dante?

Dahbomb said:
Guy between Super Skrull and Captain America at bottom right isn't Wesker? Hard to tell but it looks more like Wesker than Dante.

Yep, it is Dante.

I find it odd that Jill and Shuma don't have Frank. Like I said, he is gone.

Dahbomb

Guy between Super Skrull and Captain America at bottom right isn't Wesker? Hard to tell but it looks more like Wesker than Dante.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I just saw the cover, WTF IS THAT SHIT. Absolutely hate everything to do about it, its horrid.

Also disappointed by seeing DLC characters, I wish that shit would stay far, far away from fighting games. Oh well.

7Th

HK-47 said:
Well they are also two of the most popular Marvel villains. Sentinel is only cared about cause he was the best character in the game.

Yep. Magneto and Dr. Doom are loved characters, Sentinel is a generic grunt that hasn't been part of the comic book fandom for years now.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
7Th said:
Yep. Magneto and Dr. Doom are loved characters, Sentinel is a generic grunt that hasn't been part of the comic book fandom for years now.

d84dd_324ed797718a77bbfb4510838c3e3dc96a1aea9b_m.gif

Cant agree with that. Sentinel is a classic and a pretty cool looking character, which always counts for something.

lupinko

Mike Haggar
- Shares some of Zangief's moves but only to an extent as he is still very much his own character
- HP has him using a lead pipe
- Super 1 - Punches with one arm over and over again, think Cracker Jack in SFEX
- Level 3 Super - Final Haggar Buster (his version of FAB), ends with piledriver which results in different camera angles on the last frame, think when you beat someone with a super in Star Gladiator

C. Viper
- She has EX moves that take metre, done by using the Exchange button to do the moves
- She has a Focus Attack, which may have potential for assist traps

Wallach

Raging Spaniard said:
Cant agree with that. Sentinel is a classic and a pretty cool looking character, which always counts for something.

Amen. Sentinel is fucking awesome. I will be way less hyped to play this if it doesn't make it.

DR2K

Banned
lupinko said:
C. Viper
- She has EX moves that take metre, done by using the Exchange button to do the moves
[/spoiler]

Can she FADC, lol? :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:
Mike Haggar
- Shares some of Zangief's moves but only to an extent as he is still very much his own character
- Super 1 - Punches with one arm over and over again, think Cracker Jack in SFEX
- Level 3 Super - Final Haggar Buster (his version of FAB), ends with piledriver which results in different camera angles on the last frame, think when you beat someone with a super in Star Gladiator

C. Viper

Those informations sound so great.

I hope that your list is not completed, if it is and legit. thank you very much. Did you know that if you spread fake lists around. it is bannable offense here to spread the false information. Just toss out the warning if you are trying to playing around with our mind. I don't meant to scare you but just warn you if you want to have 15 minutes fame.

Regarding Frank West's silhouette, if you look at the silhouette wheel behind Jill and behind Shuma-Gorath, you'll notice that his silhouette spots have been replaced by Viewtiful Joe, and that his spots are the only ones changed up between the wheel behind She Hulk and the wheel behind those two. I'd say that's a real bad sign for Frank.

Yeah, I think they ran into problem with Frank West's moveset.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
Regarding Frank West's silhouette, if you look at the silhouette wheel behind Jill and behind Shuma-Gorath, you'll notice that his silhouette spots have been replaced by Viewtiful Joe, and that his spots are the only ones changed up between the wheel behind She Hulk and the wheel behind those two. I'd say that's a real bad sign for Frank.

Dahbomb

I really don't have any fears about Frank West. He may not be in the retail box on day 1 but I would bet my guns that he will come around in some sort of DLC later on.

There are 2 main reasons why I am not afraid for F. West:

1) Dead Rising has been on people's minds as of late and Capcom is pleased with it's performance. They are pushing it to stay in people's mind longer and they want it to grow as a franchise. A Dead Rising character in MVC3 makes legitimate sense especially from a business point of view.

2) Frank West was utilized successfully in TVC and since MVC3 runs on an updated TVC engine porting over Frank West is a cinch, about as easy as porting Zero which they have already done so.

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
I agree with both of your pieces of reasoning, and I think it is very likely he will end up as DLC.

One thing, though. Although TvC and MvC3 might share some basic similarities, they are on different engines. The Tatsunoko engine was some sort of Wii-based arcade board, whereas MvC3 is utilizing Capcom's new go-to engine, MT Framework v2.1.

Hellion

The Marvel lineup is far more interesting.

Thank you for Shuma-Gorath Capcom

CHAOS DIMENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
IntelliHeath said:
Yeah, I think they ran into problem with Frank West's moveset.
Frank's antics were great in TvC. Overall he was too slow for me to enjoy in that game but it's not like that matters much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2&2 said:
Oh gross. I just realized Sentinel is on the likely real leaked list. Guh. People only liked him because he/it was a broken mess in MvC2. Does Sentinel really deserve a spot based on the characters relevance in representing Marvel nowadays? No. People would drop the character like a rock in MvC2 if he can't be abused. That's a waste of a slot to me.

No Spider-Man villain either, not even Venom? Boo. No Frank or Chuck from series that's super-high profile right now? Weird. These are the only real disappointing things to me. A Spidey villain, a Dead Rising lead, and a Mega Man version need to be in the game somehow. If they're not in the game, they better be DLC, especially after teasing with a silhouette that is obviously Frank West. Maybe they decided to hold him for DLC for near Case Zerp's release for dual-hype. If Capcom was intentionally using certain silhouettes to mislead people then they're just being asses.
Agreed 110%. Sure he looks cool and was an interesting choice, but he's way too overpowered and the slot could've gone to another less godlike character.

And why did Intellihealth get banned?

vg260

Dahbomb said:
I really don't have any fears about Frank West. He may not be in the retail box on day 1 but I would bet my guns that he will come around in some sort of DLC later on.

There are 2 main reasons why I am not afraid for F. West:

1) Dead Rising has been on people's minds as of late and Capcom is pleased with it's performance. They are pushing it to stay in people's mind longer and they want it to grow as a franchise. A Dead Rising character in MVC3 makes legitimate sense especially from a business point of view.

2) Frank West was utilized successfully in TVC and since MVC3 runs on an updated TVC engine porting over Frank West is a cinch, about as easy as porting Zero which they have already done so.

Agreed. It's just super-weird they wouldn't include him in the retail package for those very reasons. You think that they'd want everyone who buys it to see someone from the franchise in it day-one for better visibility. Someone like (reboot) Spencer from a dud game should be DLC.

Maybe they're changing their strategy and going for Chuck instead. I actually think he looks cooler and more colorful.

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
Agreed 110%. Sure he looks cool and was an interesting choice, but he's way too overpowered and the slot could've gone to another less godlike character.
Who's saying he is going to be godlike in this version as well? He is probably the first character to get toned down. Already there is a big difference between old Magneto and new one, simply due to the new engine that's in place preventing cheesy infinites.

enzo_gt said:

And why did Intellihealth get banned?

Your making it sound like he still will be godlike.

Should be interesting to see how he is now

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dahbomb said:
Who's saying he is going to be godlike in this version as well? He is probably the first character to get toned down. Already there is a big difference between old Magneto and new one, simply due to the new engine that's in place preventing cheesy infinites.

Engine sure hasn't prevented cheesy 100% combos though!

Hag

lupinko said:
Mike Haggar

C. Viper

Viper looks so Yum. Can't wait :D

GatorBait

Kintaro said:
Engine sure hasn't prevented cheesy 100% combos though!
What has been cheesy about the 100% (or near 100%) combos seen so far? Each one I've seen looks like it takes a lot of meter to pull off. There is a big difference between hitting an infinite combo sequence of 3 buttons over and over until the opponent dies, and hitting him with a 100% combo that uses up a few bars of meter.

Also, if Sentinel is in, we already know he is going to be toned down based solely on the fact that unfly/refly isn't possible in the MvC3 engine (and flight time is quite a bit less in MvC3 compared to MvC2).

I wonder if we're getting this Akuma
1244199-cyberakuma_bustu_large.png

or maybe even
giantrobo2.jpg

Also wonder how the hell are you going to fight Galactus. If he's to scale then he's as big as a planet. Maybe your characters grow huge, like at the end of Viewtiful Joe?

the chris

robut said:
Also wonder how the hell are you going to fight Galactus. If he's to scale then he's as big as a planet. Maybe your characters grow huge, like at the end of Viewtiful Joe?

Galactus is big, but he isn't the size of a planet, more like a skyscraper. Perhaps they can do the boss battle similar to Onslaught's second form in Marvel vs Capcom and Apocalypse in X-Men vs Street Fighter.

Top Bottom