• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The creator of Earthworm Jim just misgendered a journalist on purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

luulubuu

VU4dT43.png

4RckKsC.png

Via 9VOLT

Worm me if it's old

I can't separate his beliefs/ideology from his work, so I won't be playing any of his games. It sucks to feel that way, but damn

Like I really don't get it. What do you gain by being purposefully obtuse to someone other then the respect of shitty people? Is that worth so much to you?

cackhyena

He followed me on twitter because of my art and I thought it was cool as shit, as I loved Earthworm Jim as a kid. Then I saw his tweets. What a letdown.

Velkyn

Nothing pisses me off QUITE like purposely misgendering someone.

Accidental is one thing, but no one gives a fuck about your "woke" theory on gender, if someone wants to be called she/her, it takes literally no goddamn effort to abide by their wishes. If you don't you're an asshole, plain and simple.

Eusis

TenNapel is a well documented shit bag
This. Unfortunately.

If he was really adverse but actually wanted to reach out he could at least have gone with gender neutral terms. But I get the impression he was actively antagonizing as he went out of his way to say that.

Berordn

I always remember that TenNapel is an unrepentant piece of human excrement, but every time I'm always taken aback by just how terrible he is.

It probably means nothing to him (given that I stand for a lot of what he opposes), but when I first stumbled on his Breitbart writings I was actually about to purchase a couple of his recent books.

Seik

Banned
Shame on him, I love EJ though.

I'll put all my love for the game on the composer, Tommy Tallarico then. :(

iFirez

Interestingly, you can actually be fined for publicly misgendering someone after a transition (in which there birth certificate has been reprinted with their new gender); its all broken down and spoken about in the documents and such you have to go through when transitioning. I believe its after operations (I actually don't think this one matters, you can be pre or no-op and still legally classified as the gender you define as), official and financial records now legally class you as the gender you see yourself as that people can then be fined for it. (Source: I dated a girl who was transitioning and she pointed it out to me in some of the documentation after a heated argument with a guy calling her out about it).

Xe4

Banned
*Reads first tweet*
"Hmm... that's unfortunate, but I wonder if it was on purpose."
*Reads second tweet*
"Ooohhhhhh"

Awful people are awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom