• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation |OT| This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

A.R.K said:
WTF ... what year this??? How can they not have voice chat in 2010???? Come on this shit should not even be on a to-do list. It should be in by default!

I'll wait for the patch before I buy now.

yep, pretty much, funny how about I only find out about this the day it releases, that's a well hidden secret they had there...

Lince

Banned
come on with all the crying voice chat is there but a bug made it into the PSN build and it will patched very shortly after the game is released

There is (voice chat) but there is a bug in the most current build. A patch has been made to correct this and a friends list bug. I don't know if they will be out today or not though.

A.R.K

Lince said:
come on with all the crying voice chat is there but a bug made it into the PSN build and it will patched very shortly after the game is released

ok it makes sense now ..thanks for the clarification :)

naib

Online co-op was never a make or break for me. The fact that it's there at all is icing on the cake. Local co-op might be fun with the missus, but SS:HD was just a great score chaser. That's all I want out of Dead Nation. Maybe I should quit expecting that.. but that's what I'm expecting.

Most of my social gaming has been relegated to the PC anyway; my last stand in this household. :)

I want to play this game so bad. Funds already added.
Hit the button.

psnavatar.gif

GeoramA said:
It's up via search.

Downloading now

1424MB
Oh shit oh shit.

I have maybe an hour to play.

GOGOG!

Thanks GeoramA!!

CozMick

Banned
naib said:
Online co-op was never a make or break for me. The fact that it's there at all is icing on the cake. Local co-op might be fun with the missus, but SS:HD was just a great score chaser. That's all I want out of Dead Nation. Maybe I should quit expecting that.. but that's what I'm expecting.

Most of my social gaming has been relegated to the PC anyway; my last stand in this household. :)

I want to play this game so bad. Funds already added.
Hit the button.

Wait, so this ain't a score chaser?

I was under the impression that this was a zombified SSHD?

It better bloody be!!!

Man

CozMick said:
Wait, so this ain't a score chaser?
I was under the impression that this was a zombified SSHD?
It better bloody be!!!

It absolutely is but it also has an 'adventure' path. You move from new area to area.

naib

I agreed to go Christmas tree shopping right before GeoramA posted that...
Shit.

Downloading now. I've got at least an hour.
:D

edit:
35 Minutes Left..

keuja

CozMick said:
Yeah, 2 player local and 2 player online with a friend from your friends list.

is there a matchmaking system online for co-op or you can only play with people of your friend list? I don't have many PSN friends :-(

Downloading now :D. I've been waiting all year for this. Stardust is still one of my favorite PSN games so I just know Housemarque is going to deliver here.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Adam J. said:
Did a search on the PSN site and cant find it. What gives?
You mean Store right? It's up on the U.S. store, 7th item down the list searching for dead nation.

Euro stores get updated on Wednesdays so the game will be added to those stores tomorrow.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I will get this in just a few hours from now when I get home from work. Woohoo. Hopefully the voice chat thing is fixed as I'm looking forward to talking with my friends!

Killthee

Adam J. said:
Can someone please post the link... Cannot find the damn game and I need it now.
Link? Nobody uses links for the store.....

The front page has been updated, just click on the big Dead Nation ad or click on New Releases on the side of the page.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
damn, I think I'll have to purchase this in a moment

between this, beat sketchers, joe danger and a bunch of DLC this is probably the most money I've spent on PSN in a few day period

Killthee

Adam J. said:
My internet must be broke. It's not showing up for me.
If you're in the U.S., you might be connected to a server that hasn't updated yet. Have you tried rebooting?

Adam J.

I was trying to get it through the website and couldn't find it. It's up on the PS3 side of PSN now and am dl'ing it now. So pumped to finally play this.

Killthee

Adam J. said:
I was trying to get it through the website and couldn't find it. It's up on the PS3 side of PSN now and am dl'ing it now. So pumped to finally play this.
Yeah the PSP store only displays PSP content, if you want to purchase/download PS3 content you need to use the PS3 Store. They seriously need to add website store that has all the content and allows you to queue it up just like the Marketplace site.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 The XMB music and wallpaper.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Killthee said:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 The XMB music and wallpaper.

Which dynamic theme are you talking about? I keep seeing people praising it in this thread, but no one mentions the name. Is it just the hand.gif one?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kyouji said:
Which dynamic theme are you talking about? I keep seeing people praising it in this thread, but no one mentions the name. Is it just the hand.gif one?
yes

I think it's gross.

Killthee

Kyouji said:
I'm talking about the music/wallpaper played when you have the game selected in the XMB.

BPK

IGN doesn't seem too enamoured of the game. In th comments section the reviewer notes that the game didn't have anything that really made him want to "go back" and play it again. If true, this is a huge criticism since SSDHD had infinite replay value.

Still getting it. :)

shwimpy

USA #1
42.gif

Canada... step yo game up. /marcus

kassatsu said:
IGN gave it s 75.

The Sony fanboy reviewed it too... ruh roh.

Just finished the first level by myself. Enjoyed it for the most part. The car explosions and the zombies flying all over the screen looks amazing. Saving the rest for co-op.

kassatsu

Banned
BPK said:
IGN doesn't seem too enamoured of the game. In th comments section the reviewer notes that the game didn't have anything that really made him want to "go back" and play it again. If true, this is a huge criticism since SSDHD had infinite replay value.

Still getting it. :)
Well I have been playing it at least once a day for a month straight. So YMMV.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
very cool so far

the game looks awesome and I like the music

do you keep your single player campaign upgrades when playing online?

Okay 2 missions in, and I'm really enjoying it. It's tough, responsive, and gorgeous.

My only complaint is that it's sometimes a bit too hard to see zombies due to lighting or graphical effects of some kind (fog).

I also love the menu, making it seem as though it's a News Report following the outbreak. Pretty damn cool.

EDIT: #70 on the leaderboard woot

EDIT2: Okay, to be clear... if I quit out to the Menu to join a friend in a Online Co-Op game, will my multiplier in singleplayer be saved?

.la1n

I'm enjoying my run through the game so far, I do see how some reviewers may find it getting old. It doesn't give too much incentive to replay over and over unless you have a buddy who wants to play or stops by. I'm sure their will be DLC just like Super Stardust HD so no worries.

Top Bottom