• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation |OT| This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
naib said:
Someone remind me when PSN usually updates? I haven't wanted to hover over the button like this in a LONG time.

it's unpredictable but it seems to typically go live around 5-6pm EST.

look forward to this game, I'll definitely need some co-op partners

also psyched about my $3 discount for being a PS+ chump!

Synless

Snuggler said:
it's unpredictable but it seems to typically go live around 7:00-8:30pm EST.

look forward to this game, I'll definitely need some co-op partners

also psyched about my $3 discount for being a PS+ chump!
You were a little off so I fixed that for you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
you're right, I haven't anticipated a minute-one update since Critter Crunch so my memory is rusty

either way, my funny money will be ready

naib

Well, I guess I'll have to wait 'till the kiddo crashes then. Or maybe I can get her plugged into iCarly or something. :lol

Thanks y'all.

zoukka

Heerd, that they had little problems with the budget/schedule and like half the levels were deleted because they couldn't get them polished enough in time :/

CozMick

Banned
zoukka said:
Heerd, that they had little problems with the budget/schedule and like half the levels were deleted because they couldn't get them polished enough in time :/

Finger x'd DLC is planned :D

Whhhaatttt no online voice chat? What the fuck? So much for coordinating as efficiently as possible. :\

I'm still picking it up when it's up, but talk about disappointing...

zoukka said:
I heard the game was near finished and they had everyone on the project bust serious ass to include the most wanted feature and make the game much more worth it.

Bought.

zoukka

BobTheFork said:
I heard the game was near finished and they had everyone on the project bust serious ass to include the most wanted feature and make the game much more worth it.

Undoubtly this too.

CozMick

Banned
Can we expect some inpressions from USGaf tonight?

Being in the UK is such a pain in the arse when the store updates.

Also, do all regions get the PS+ discount?

Thanks.

jvm

Gamasutra.
CozMick said:
Can we expect some inpressions from USGaf tonight?
Of course, as soon as (a) kass makes the new thread and (b) Grace Chen updates the store.

It isn't clear which will happen first. :lol

CozMick

Banned
jvm said:
Of course, as soon as (a) kass makes the new thread and (b) Grace Chen updates the store.

It isn't clear which will happen first. :lol

Good to know.

It's undoubtedly day one, I just need my fix.

Mesijs

About the Platinum trophy: you have to complete the game on the 4th (out of 5) difficulty setting, one beyond 'hard'.

I completed it in Medium and especially one level was very hard already. I think people expecting an easy plat will be wrong... Although I did not try the higher difficulties yet. What I do know is that in the preview version, normal was already too difficult. They changed that in the final version but I expect hard/harder to be extremely challenging in some stages.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I hope the game is balanced for SP on the harder difficulties. Hopefully some of my PSN bros pick it up so we can run through it.

Grisby

Wow, I haven't been waiting to day one a PSN game in forever. Maybe the last one was Critter Crunch for me too. Either that or Trine.

Ricker

supermackem said:
No voice chat, wtf coming in a patch?.

Yeah hopefully...especially in a game like this, co-op with a buddy and voice chat is a must almost,just to hear the shit and ooh`s and the goddam it there`s too many/watch out behind you screams of your partner hehe...

Not that big a deal right? I always use skype or google talk for that anyway, works way better than the integrated static they try to pass of as voice.

garath

Fallout-NL said:
Not that big a deal right? I always use skype or google talk for that anyway, works way better than the integrated static they try to pass of as voice.

If you have a computer handy sure.. I think the norm is no computer in the living room though. :(

garath said:
If you have a computer handy sure.. I think the norm is no computer in the living room though. :(

Perhaps a laptop then, though if you lack both, I can understand how the absence of voice chat would be a problem.

no voice chat??! and I found out about it the day it releases??!!! shit!
I can't believe how unlucky I am, I've been trying to find the perfect coop game to play with my brother (he lives in another country). First I buy Scott Pilgrim and I found out it doesn't have online, then I've heard about Castle Crashers and bought it day one and the online was totally broken, then I've heard about this game and I said to myself "Finally this is the game my little bro' and I are going to rock with" just in time for Christmas; and now it turns out it doesn't have voice chat!!! really? really?!!! SLDHLSDlsdhjksdjksdjksl...

see5harp

Buying this today but no voice chat is hilarious. Are Housemarque working with the dev kits from 2006 or something?

EDIT: forgot to add the "in before no voice chat makes the game more immersive a la Demon Souls"

see5harp

How difficult would it have been to add something like voice chat though? I can only assume it's as easy as flipping a switch and adding a icon in the HUD.

No45

I can only assume they were having issues optimising the net-code for it? Seems the only sensible explanation, I assume they can patch it in anyway. Hope so. :(

Lion Heart said:
Hmm, I could buy this but that means I wouldn't be playing GT5...ah hell ofcourse I'll buy it.

Im definitely buying it to support the devs but I won't have time to actually play it for probably a decade. Damn GT.

CozMick

Banned
I know online co-op was an after thought, and was added due to consumer demand but,

FUCK ME! what a stupid idea not to include voice chat.

CozMick

Banned
A patch is coming with voice chat.

Thank You kassatsu :D

kassatsu said:
There is but there is a bug in the most current build. A patch has been made to correct this and a friends list bug. I don't know if they will be out today or not though.

Top Bottom