• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam PC gameplay footage [More Post 62]

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Split to its own thread. Don't drop new media from an unreleased game into an official thread.

CozMick

Banned
Do consoles get the BF: Vietnam radios blasting from the vehicles, even when not onboard?

Loved that inclusion on the original PC version when a Huey was hovering above and the music was playing :D :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CozMick said:
Do consoles get the BF: Vietnam radios blasting from the vehicles, even when not onboard?

Loved that inclusion on the original PC version when a Huey was hovering above and the music was playing :D :D

DICE says yes. But who knows.

glaurung

Really liking the look of this.

Plus it seems that the last update to Bad Company 2 on the PS3 somehow added better AA or something like that. Anyhow, the fidelity of the game is kind of better now.

Will be there for Vietnam on the launch day.

No_Style

glaurung said:
Really liking the look of this.

Plus it seems that the last update to Bad Company 2 on the PS3 somehow added better AA or something like that. Anyhow, the fidelity of the game is kind of better now.
Will be there for Vietnam on the launch day.

I've seen claims of the 360 version having improved framerate as well on GAF. I hope Digital Foundry or someone from DICE clarifies if any of these are true.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No_Style said:
I've seen claims of the 360 version having improved framerate as well on GAF. I hope Digital Foundry or someone from DICE clarifies if any of these are true.
Well, IIRC DICE was saying they made some engine updates for Vietnam, so perhaps those got worked back into the main game as well?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That looked pretty awesome... helicopters are damaged by small arms fire now? :lol

Bring it circle strafers.

Dries

CozMick said:

Would love it if someone could confirm this.

Dyno

Started playing BC2 with the new maps in anticipation for Viet Nam!

This game is so superior to COD multi it's not even funny. Hopefully it will be the future of FPS.

Dries

subversus said:
As Faceless Master've already said you could hear music from passing vehicles in BC1.

Awesome. Wonder if you can choose songs too. Was that also in BC1? I heard somewhere that there gonna have 60 songs...

recklessmind said:
That looked pretty awesome... helicopters are damaged by small arms fire now? :lol

Bring it circle strafers.
You always got a hit marker for spraying at helicopters in BC2, doesn't mean it's actually doing shit to it though :(

I want to buy this dlc but at the same time to me it looks just like what I already have outside of weapons looking different and music playing in vehicles, what else is new in this?

Evolved1

Diablohead said:
You always got a hit marker for spraying at helicopters in BC2, doesn't mean it's actually doing shit to it though :(

I want to buy this dlc but at the same time to me it looks just like what I already have outside of weapons looking different and music playing in vehicles, what else is new in this?

You only get hit markers if you're hitting the gunner(s). Hitting the bird doesn't give you markers. At least that's how I interpret my experience. I get pissed off at strafers all the time and unload my primary out of frustration... I don't get markers.

He's either hitting the gunner in that vid, or small arms damages choppers. Or there's something going on I'm ignorant about -- which would be pretty crazy when you think about how many hours of my life I've played BC2.

Huggers

I want to get into BC2 as I have wanted a decent 'nam game to get into for ages. How badly slaughtered will a noob get?

Evolved1

Huggers said:
I want to get into BC2 as I have wanted a decent 'nam game to get into for ages. How badly slaughtered will a noob get?

Not badly at all if you play with a good team. Play with GAF, and enjoy winning.

Diablohead said:

you only got hit markers if you were doing damage to someone onboard. well, or using the m95...

Dries said:
Awesome. Wonder if you can choose songs too. Was that also in BC1? I heard somewhere that there gonna have 60 songs...
you couldn't choose songs in BC1.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CozMick said:

Just asked Zh1nt0.
If i remember correctly you can change the radio station in BFBC2 Vietnam.

BTW the PC Version is quite a looker isnt?

Z_Y

Diablohead said:

The flamethrower alone is worth 800 msp. Add another 380 msp for new weapons and maps and 20 msp for music playing vehicles.

Money well spent!

Arucardo

Does exp earned in Vietnam count toward your total level in BC2 or was it a separate thing? It's probably been said somewhere but I can't recall right now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Zh1nt0 answer:
Zh1nt0 said:
Yes, you can hear the music loud and clear :)

Rejoice BF GAF!

Arucardo said:
Does exp earned in Vietnam count toward your total level in BC2 or was it a separate thing? It's probably been said somewhere but I can't recall right now.
Yup thats how it works.

Shai-Tan

Banned
they need to get whoever made the original bc2 videos to make trailers for this. they have been releasing videos with noobs playing and not much action going on

Arucardo

Pre-ordered it just now, looking forward to playing it on the 18th :D .

Shai-Tan said:
they need to get whoever made the original bc2 videos to make trailers for this. they have been releasing videos with noobs playing and not much action going on
You mean the Battlefield moments videos? Those got me super excited for BC2.

Evolved1

Shai-Tan said:

I still remember those user-made trailers from the beta... they were just ridiculously good. I bet those videos were responsible for selling copies of the game.

And then DICE followed suit with their own trailers that were just regular gameplay... it was like, "yeah, so this is our game all over your face".

Battlefield moments. The shit that happens in this game cannot be topped. I don't care what you do in other shooters -- could be the longest killstreak in history -- doesn't compare to fucking tanks and helicopters exploding with shrapnel all around you while you jump in and out of a collapsing building to rip through three guys with an SMG/pistol combination only to get run over by an ATV as the grenade you threw kills two guys postmortemly while you watch in the killcam.

:lol

causan

Dyno said:
Started playing BC2 with the new maps in anticipation for Viet Nam!

This game is so superior to COD multi it's not even funny. Hopefully it will be the future of FPS.

My buddy who is strictly a console player wanted to try out some PC gaming. So I took him to a local LAN gaming center. We started off with COD since that was what he was accustomed to. After he got use to WASD controls we moved on to L4D2 and now we are playing BC2. He is totally hooked on playing BC2 now and even has asked me to help build him a gaming PC after Christmas.

Dyno

causan said:
My buddy who is strictly a console player wanted to try out some PC gaming. So I took him to a local LAN gaming center. We started off with COD since that was what he was accustomed to. After he got use to WASD controls we moved on to L4D2 and now we are playing BC2. He is totally hooked on playing BC2 now and even has asked me to help build him a gaming PC after Christmas.

Nice!

Diablohead said:

As was said, you got a hit marker if you hit someone inside the chopper. To balance the lack of AA, they've made the choppers susceptible to regular gunfire.

And music IS in the console versions...there are some Gametrailers vids of the 360 and you can clearly hear CCR and other musics in the vehicles.

There are different weapons and 5 new maps.

AND A COMPASS

Mully

The Faceless Master said:
you only got hit markers if you were doing damage to someone onboard. well, or using the m95...

you couldn't choose songs in BC1.

I thought you were able to change radio stations or am I mixing that up with the single player?

Emitan

I'll buy it when I get a new graphics card. My 5770 runs BC2 at around 20 FPS, which isn't acceptable for me.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Mully said:
I thought you were able to change radio stations or am I mixing that up with the single player?

yes, you were. I think they can replace radio with songs and we're set.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Billychu said:
I'll buy it when I get a new graphics card. My 5770 runs BC2 at around 20 FPS, which isn't acceptable for me.
Even on lower settings?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Billychu said:

don't fucking do it. Buy new CPU. You're on dual-core, amirite?

because my 5770 runs it in 40-60 fps (30 fps when shit goes REALLY BOOM), all high, DX11, 4x AA, 1360*768. Also look for benchmarks on the web, you'll see that 5770 is more than capable to run BFBC2.

Varna

Billychu said:

CPU?

BC2 only makes use of your GPU if you have a decent GPU.

460GTX 1GB here... on a C2D @3.2 I was getting 30-40 with a lot of stuttering at 1650x1080 with medium settings.

Once I build my new PC (same CPU) with a i5-760 I could run the game at a solid 60 frames (with some dips when lots of explosions and building coming down) at the same resolution with all settings to high and aax4.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Billychu said:
As others have said, the culprit on your configuration must be your CPU.

Bad Company 2 is a fucking CPU hog. It's not really that GPU intense. I have framerate issues with my QX6700 running at 3.2ghz.

Emitan

drizzle said:
As others have said, the culprit on your configuration must be your CPU.

Bad Company 2 is a fucking CPU hog. It's not really that GPU intense. I have framerate issues with my QX6700 running at 3.2ghz.
Ah, that must be it. I've got my friend's old Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz under the hood. It's overclocked to ~3 GHz, but I guess that's still not enough.

Top Bottom