• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam PC gameplay footage [More Post 62]

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Vietnam developer chat starts in 10 minutes! Hurry up and log in :) http://bit.ly/eEClEx

Go go go!

These are the folks chatting today:
DICEfigge (Niklas Fegraeus) Lead Designer
DICEKleanupGuy (Björn Johnsson) Producer
DICEzh1nt0 (Daniel Matros) Community Manager
DICEHBrun (Tommy Rydling) Jr. Product Manager

Mr. Snrub said:
Grenades have to travel a certain distance to activate. But if they are a direct hit, it's a one-shot kill. Really not that big of a deal in BC2, anyway.
Yeah it's just a matter of how easy it is to get those direct hits. I'm not too worried about it.

Pennybags said:
That looked like a direct-impact shot. Remember that scene from Terminator 2?

Ouch.
:lol
And poor Robert Patrick, he was a sitting duck.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
From the chat:

-About the flamethrower : "It will set fire to some of the enviroment and also damage stuff "
- "Yes, all modes are available on all maps! " (SQ Rush,SQ DM,Rush,Conquest)
- "Hardcore mode too"
- About specact skins "Nope. It's only for BC2 "
- "Yes, Recon still have their mortar strikes :) "
- "Everything you score in Vietnam will count towards your normal progression, so you will still get your ranks and unlocks, regardless if you play vanilla or Vietnam "
- "Yes the flamethrower replenish if you stand beside a ammo box "
- "There is no specific AA guns in Vietnam but all weapons do damage and RPG and stationary weapons do HEAVY damage "
- "M16 is fully automatic."
- "Flamethrower is a main gun and the thump gun is a secondary for the assault class. "
- "All kits can use the flamethrower "
- "The flamethrower on the tank replaces the coax gun addon in BC2."
- "Flame dosent hurt metal giants."
- About the music "It will be in the form of a vehicle radio, you flip channels with the DPad "
- "The maps have the same size mixes as BC2 but since it´s in Vietnam there is more forest and trenches to hide in that promotes infantry fighting! "
- "It will have a separate menu, just like Onslaught "

Hawk SE

I recently came back to BFBC2 on PC recently, to play the VIP Map Pack 7 and to get ready for Vietnam (gotta buy it soon for the early play)

Watching the chat: All weapons unlocked from onset in Vietnam. 6 new vehicles, 15 new weapons, 5 new maps, 2 hours of songs.

Mortars work exactly the same for Recon.

Full auto M14 for Assault. No motion mines or spotting scopes, of course.

Vehicle smoke is still in.

Most of these questions suck.

WILL THERE BE CIVILIANS YOU CAN KILL
WILL YOU PATCH THE GAME IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS
WILL THERE BE COWS

demolitio

Thanks for the recap guys, much appreciated. I just keep talking about this game with friends and I usually don't get that excited, but the idea of actually burning the jungle down with a flamethrower has me going crazy.

I was actually just talking to friends about how we miss the naval battles from BF1942 and then we start talking about the features we miss from BF2. It makes me really nervous to see what BF3 is about, but Vietnam will be a good distraction for me. :lol

Daigoro

I'm sure this is a silly question, but any chance that buying this expansion on Steam would work with the disc based version of BFBC2?

I quit this game when DICE fucked up with support after release, but I'm being tempted back now.

Tokubetsu

Daigoro said:
I'm sure this is a silly question, but any chance that buying this expansion on Steam would work with the disc based version of BFBC2?

I quit this game when DICE fucked up with support after release, but I'm being tempted back now.

I'm pretty sure it won't even allow you to buy it off steam if you don't own BC2 on steam as well.

Dries

A good question would've been: ''Are there any songs from BF:V in the BFBC2: Vietnam soundtrack?'' Except CCR of course...

Not sure if there should be a different thread for reviews, but IGN just gave it a 9.5/10. Tagline is "Did the best just get better?"

Anyone who played much Bad Company 2 was likely made quite familiar with the sniper-like accuracy of medics with long-range scopes attached to their machine guns, and I'll admit to being aggressive from across the map as an engineer with the aid of a red dot sight. In the absence of these weapon tweaks, the combat dynamic has changed considerably from Bad Company 2. Fights are closer and more vicious more often, which is assisted by environments and level design that break up most long lines of sight and which provide a ton of hiding places.

Newcomers in particular should find Bad Company 2 - Vietnam inviting courtesy of a reset of the level system. With secondary abilities scaled back somewhat and scopes gone to even out the middle-range playing field, Vietnam makes Bad Company 2 approachable again. Everyone's back at zero, and the equipment has been scaled back enough that the gap doesn't seem like it'll grow so wide. However, hardcore players still have tiers of guns to unlock and the same secondary abilities as the main game.

I'm still on the fence. I really don't have a PC game that I play online due to the fact that none of my gamer friends have a gaming PC. I've played quite a bit of BFBC 2 on the Xbox 360 but I would love to try it out on PC. Decisions, decisions.

Felix Lighter said:
I'm still on the fence. I really don't have a PC game that I play online due to the fact that none of my gamer friends have a gaming PC. I've played quite a bit of BFBC 2 on the Xbox 360 but I would love to try it out on PC. Decisions, decisions.

PC GAF has a pretty good BC2 following. At least a few people play every day/night, and we usually have some pretty packed (6-8 of us) weekend games.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
butts said:
Will there be a PC retail version of this? Or do I have to buy it off the EA store?

In the live chat with DICE yesterday they said "No disc based plans for Vietnam at this time."

Pennybags

Dries said:
A good question would've been: ''Are there any songs from BF:V in the BFBC2: Vietnam soundtrack?'' Except CCR of course...

I asked that but my question wasn't published/answered. :/ Looking at leaked and released video so far, it seems that the vast majority of it is instrumental "60-ish" stuff, though we know that Ride of the Valkyries is in as well.

I also tried to ask if M60/Rem 870/etc. have been altered in any way besides aesthetics. (I doubt it, but who knows. Pretty nuts that M14 is fully-automatic now. :D)

Oh well...

Dries

Pennybags said:
I asked that but my question wasn't published/answered. :/ Looking at leaked and released video so far, it seems that the vast majority of it is instrumental "60-ish" stuff, though we know that Ride of the Valkyries is in as well.

I also tried to ask if M60/Rem 870/etc. have been altered in any way besides aesthetics. (I doubt it, but who knows. Pretty nuts that M14 is fully-automatic now. :D)

Oh well...

Wut..? Only instumental tracks? Can't be true right?

Dries said:
Wut..? Only instumental tracks? Can't be true right?

From their blog:

2 hours of 60's sounding music on the radios in the American vehicles

wat

Did DICE pull a fast one on us? I thought it was all real songs from the era? I know there are a few select "real" songs that we've heard, but that would be disappointing.

Dries

Don't make me cry guys :( Those well known licensed '60
songs COMPLETE the vietnam experience.. Without them it's not the same. Someone needs to clear this up.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Considering its $15 and music companies are bastards when it comes to licensing costs, it would be pretty amazing if it was all licensed music. It'll suck if it is only fortunate son and a bunch of generic music though.

Sanjay

Well I'm sure on the PC side of things it will be easily modifiable to blast out what ever music you want for your own pleasure.

1-D_FTW

Sanjay said:
Well I'm sure on the PC side of things it will be easily modifiable to blast out what ever music you want for your own pleasure.

I actually still have the pre-order music CD that came with BF: Vietnam.:lol

abuC

Glad scopes are gone, I don't use them to begin with so it's going to give me even more of an advantage :D

Definity

Looks great. Wish they would have released Vietnam tonight for the consoles. Would give me something to play this weekend. Oh well, not long now.

poppabk

CheddarApple said:
do we have a definite when this will be released for the 3 day early peeps?
I'm hoping midnight, but I don't know if there is a set time.

Arucardo

For those who bought it from eastore.com, they start sending out keys at 9am GMT on the 18th, can't wait to play it tomorrow :D .

poppabk

Arucardo said:
For those who bought it from eastore.com, they start sending out keys at 9am GMT on the 18th, can't wait to play it tomorrow :D .
4am eastern, guess I am not playing tonight.

Top Bottom