• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD remastered rated by Korean GRB

Wamb0wneD

People who go into threads specifically asking about/for ports, to complain about port begging, are derailing those threads. I'd say it definitely makes for far worse threads when they're riddled with people asking about a version of a game that isn't being hinted at or officially announced. Hell, I'm sure there are a couple of fairly recent threads where people with Capcom grievances can air out their frustrations.

Would you agree that there's a difference between someone just going into a thread, do a driveby "Switch or no buy/would be cool." post and someone wondering if Capcom has enough sense to make a version for the console with the potentially biggest audience, in a thread about vague listings?

I can understand being annoyed at the former, but people complaining about others having the audacity to mention that pesky console in this thread no matter the context is kinda silly imo. Even more silly when you consider the ratio of people complaining about the "beggars".
It would be a way bigger derailment If I went into a Monster Hunter thread and complain about Capcom not doing an Okami version for Switch don't you think?
I don't recall there being a "Capcom vent thread". Maybe someone should create it. Would probably be locked in 5 seconds though.

Would you agree that there's a difference between someone just going into a thread, do a driveby "Switch or no buy/would be cool." post and someone wondering if Capcom has enough sense to make a version for the console with the potentially biggest audience, in a thread about vague listings?

I can understand being annoyed at the former, but people complaining about others having the audacity to mention that pesky console in this thread no matter the context is kinda silly imo. Even more silly when you consider the ratio of people complaining about the "beggars".
It would be a way bigger derailment If I went into a Monster Hunter thread and complain about Capcom not doing an Okami version for Switch don't you think?
I don't recall there being a "Capcom vent thread". Maybe someone should create it. Would probably be locked in 5 seconds though.

The problem is, history has shown that complaining about a game not being on your console of choice has led to shitty threads. You can't reasonably assume others won't comment back and cause a snowball effect, no matter how relevant or nuanced you believe the post is. In order to cut down on it, mods have adopted a blanket rule. It's not ideal, but it's the only thing that returns threads to normalcy sometimes.

Ooooh man, it's happening!

I'm totally conflicted. There's NO WAY I have the time to actually dedicate 40+ hours to this game and replay one of my favs...

BUT I SO totally want to see it in HD!

I mean, I'll prob buy it :D

Freddo

For cross-buy to happen that has to happen from the start but since PS4 version didn't exist when PS3 version was made the cross-buy feature wasn't implemented so not possible
That's not true. Several cross-buy games had a second version released later, like Dex and Axiom Verge for the Vita. You got those if you bought the PS4 version early on.

That said, I can't think of any Japanese game that ever supported cross-buy, ever. It's not something Japanese publishers seem to have any interest in. I will be very surprised if Capcom do it with Okami HD.

BigEmil

That's not true. Several cross-buy games had a second version released later, like Dex and Axiom Verge for the Vita. You got those if you bought the PS4 version early on.

That said, I can't think of any Japanese game that ever supported cross-buy, ever. It's not something Japanese publishers seem to have any interest in. I will be very surprised if Capcom do it with Okami HD.
Interesting thanks for correcting me, I wonder if Capcom would be nice enough to do this I doubt it. I just recalled Mighty.No9 does lol and that's from Japan

Wamb0wneD

The problem is, history has shown that complaining about a game not being on your console of choice has led to shitty threads. You can't reasonably assume others won't comment back and cause a snowball effect, no matter how relevant or nuanced you believe the post is. In order to cut down on it, mods have adopted a blanket rule. It's not ideal, but it's the only thing that returns threads to normalcy sometimes.

You're right, but i think there's a difference between "complaining about a game not being on your console of choice" and speculating about Capcoms decisions regarding the Switch in this thread for example. In this specific example the people going nuts as soon they read the word "Switch" somewhere are the problem, imo.
The blanket rule just emboldened these sort of reactions, but I guess it really can't be helped.

Zetaero757

Neo Member
To everyone asking about switch, there is no official release of the console in Korea yet so there is no reason the Korean game board would be giving it a rating.

TLCO

Neo Member
Okami is one of my favorite games so I'll be buying this. But I want to clear some things up.

1. Okami HD is not downsampled from 4k, that was a translation error or an outright lie. RPCS3's dev confirmed this, for those who can't see that it was barely HD.
2. Okami HD does have a rice filter but it is not the same as the PS2's.
3. You can skip cutscenes in Okami but only
in New Game+.

Really hoping this is a good port on PC, and it would be amazing if it supported VR somehow!

Neoxon

Switch ver. would not be listed in Korea, no Switch release there yet (another weird issue entirely).
Oh, so there's still hope.

Still, can't say no to a current-gen Okami port. Imagine the game at 4K on Steam.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
That's pretty exciting, if it's just as well handled as RE4 HD for PC it should be great. Hopefully it's basically HexaDrive's HD work presented in the best possible way.

Turrican3

1. Okami HD is not downsampled from 4k, that was a translation error or an outright lie. RPCS3's dev confirmed this, for those who can't see that it was barely HD.
Do you have a source for this?

I tried a couple googling but I'm still confused about this whole 4k thing being a mistranslation or not, and since I can't read japanese the hexadrive blog article isn't helping. :-(

Tsunamo

I'll happily rebuy Okami HD again even if there's probably not any visual quality benefit for me over the PS3 version as a original PS4 owner. The game was absolutely fantastic and is a gem that i'm glad another generation of gamers gets to expirence aswell.

There's nothing wrong with ports and remasters of course, but like the upcoming Shadow of the Colossus PS4 version I find it hard to be excited for this, despite both of those games being top 20 as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not thrilled at slightly prettier versions of games, unless I get it at a huge discount at best (fat chance of that lol). Just pay £20-30 (when I got Okami HD for like £5 last year) for this HDer version? Nah I'm good.

Like I say though it's great for people who haven't played them before, couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Hmm this was perfect 1080p on ps3 from what I remember so I don't have much incentive for double dipping.

Maybe if PS4 pro version is 4K

TLCO

Neo Member

I tried a couple googling but I'm still confused about this whole 4k thing being a mistranslation or not, and since I can't read japanese the hexadrive blog article isn't helping. :-(

The RPCS3 Discord, common sense, or your eyes!

Persona7

Banned

The website incorrectly explained a process in the use of MSAA.

televator

I will buy every single port of this game. I do my part for it.

giphy.gif

Okami Amaterasu is real.

squall23

Oh boy, PC means that even if they cut Reset again some intrepid modder can just add the song back in. Alright, I'll.... quadruple dip?
I never played any of the versions after PS2, but they cut out Reset?! Good thing I didn't play them then because FUCK THAT.

Reset is absolutely part of the ending experience. It would feel much less emotional without it.

Top Bottom