• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD remastered rated by Korean GRB

Man these days a ton of these announcememts are met by me with a "if they were only on Switch I'd buy day 1"

I think this one is doable. If nothing comws of it will probably get on PC.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
PC too? Nice!

I have Okami on PS2 and PS3, but on PC that would be great!

This, although highly unlikely.

As much as I love the game I can't triple dip unless they confirm this. It's already longer than it should be and unskippale redundant dialogue doesn't help.

If somehow by some miracle they do fix that shit, I'm getting the PC version.

Wii version had this (USA at least, can't remember the other ones), I've always wondered why they removed it on PS3, which I'm fairly confident was based on the former code - they're both missing the rice paper effect for example.

Yeah I dunno what happened with the PS3 version but man the game is 3x longer because of the text. If they don't fix it I'll just run it on my PC and wait for a mod.

This reminds me I need to finish it on PS3. I loved it on the Wii, but I find the stupid underground digging/mine mini levels frustrating. It was easier on the Wii to make the stupid guy you are helping fly over obstacles etc.

But I will do it and triple dip for the Ps4.

Vitor711

Excited by the PC version but I've also turned into one of those people who wants every indie game/remaster to be on Switch... WHAT HAVE I BECOME.

And if you read the thread, you would know that the Switch isn't even out in Korea, and this isn't even an official announcement.

Who cares? This is about a game being rated for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC in Korea. Why even bring the Switch into this. And no one said it was an official announcement, that isn't the point.

Ennosuke

I really was stupid to not finish it on the Wii and neither on the PS3. This game has one of the best artdesigns in history and this world is absolutely beautiful.

Hopefully we will get a retail release, I would totally buy a limited edition or something similar.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Really hoping that it's releasing on the Switch as I heard that Okami is a long game so switching between console to handheld would be great for this game.

The Japanese PS3 version had it, so it's reasonable to assume the Japanese Remastered versions might too.

Errr.. well that is strange because I played through the retail Japanese PS3 version and got the Ryoshima Coast music instead of Reset during the credits.

Pinkuss

On PC I will instabuy, if it came to switch I'd eventually buy.

Did they allow you to skip the what seemed like hours intro in the remaster?

Opening a new game thread on neogaf: “why noooo switch??!”.

Every fucking time...
I mean, while you have a point, you picked what's easily the most reasonable game to want a Switch port of. The Joy-Cons could allow for a Wii-like control scheme when separated, and the touchscreen could be utilized in handheld mode.

Actually, could they use the PS4 touchpad for this, or does that only support simple gestures?

Bow before our beautiful 4k goddess!

Gosh... I'd love it if the game were 4K, and I'd go insane for HDR. I'm not confident that we'll get either of those things though... Are any of Capcom's other "remastered" games getting 4K support? (RE4/5/6, RE Revelations 1/2, etc...)

Yup, this is also why I'm buying the PC version.

Sensible pricing please.

Pricing should be very sensible! Capcom's other re-released games seem to have an MSRP of $20 in the States. I don't see this going for more than that for a digital copy. I'd gladly pay more for a physical copy though.

Wamb0wneD

Just give it time. Surely this port was greenlit well before anyone knew how successful Switch would be. They could still release Okami on Switch in 6 months from now and the audience would still be there.

It wouldn't because most peolpe would just get it on the other platforms at that point. I know I will.

SirNinja

Hopefully someone will make a Steam grid icon for this with the IGN logo on it.

Behold the Goddess in her watercolor, watermarked, too-much-water glory:

egGBYWh.jpg

I would pick up the PC version of this if it were cheap enough and someone could mod out the shitty vaseline filter that this game used on the PS2 and Wii. I know the effect they were going for but it just hurts my eyes and always has. I've never been able to play the game more than a couple hours and I love Zelda-style games.

If PC version means skippable text mod, damn.

This too.

Opening a new game thread on neogaf: “why noooo switch??!”.

Every fucking time...

Agree 100% with this. I'm trying to read the thread for insights/comments/general Okami talk, only for half the thread to be polluted with this fucking Switch begging.

In any case: I wonder how reliable these news are? (Meaning, when someone issued a rating for a yet unannounced game, and the game was eventually announced/released.)

finalflame

IT'S HAPPENING BOYS, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Agree 100% with this. I'm trying to read the thread for insights/comments/general Okami talk, only for half the thread to be polluted with this fucking Switch begging.

In any case: I wonder how reliable these news are? (Meaning, when someone issued a rating for a yet unannounced game, and the game was eventually announced/released.)

Just read past it. Why does it bother you so much?

Kremzeek

i'm definitely excited for this, but not sure if i really have the time or the patience to play thru it a 5th time :(

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
If Capcom is willing to port over this game a 3rd time I say they should already commit to a 3rd game already it's been 11 years Okami came out and 6 years since Okamiden came out. Seriously how many more times is Okami getting ported before we get another sequel?

Top Bottom