• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD remastered rated by Korean GRB

Nanashrew

Banned
I know. I have a Switch too but that is getting old. If this is true and they didn't make a Switch version it's because it wasn't planned. End of.

I love my Switch but people should stop begging or demanding... it’s ridiculous.

I believe it's mainly getting brought up in here is because it's a Zelda-like adventure game and the Wii version is still the best selling version of the game.

Mediking

I love my Switch but people should stop begging or demanding... it’s ridiculous.

Its easy to understand the frustration though.

PS4 is selling like crazy.

Alotta games are for it.

Switch is selling like crazy.

A good number of games are for it.

Switch owners just want that PS4 rush of nonstop games.

Turrican3

Not necessarily.
In this particular case, I just think it would make sense to bring a game like Okami to a somewhat proven audience. Switch absence feels a bit weird but hey, so does the whole Monster Hunter drama.

Usobuko

Banned
I'll buy it again.

I bought 2 physical Asian copy and one digital version on PS3 last time. Also owned the Wii version.

Will buy on PC this time and maybe PS 4 if I wanna platinum again.

Scrawnton

Not necessarily.
In this particular case, I just think it would make sense to bring a game like Okami to a somewhat proven audience. Switch absence feels a bit weird but hey, so does the whole Monster Hunter drama.
It's not even that. This game already had an HD port last gen. If Capcom wanted the easy cash grab that could sell the most, putting this game on a portable system would be the biggest reason for people to buy it. I already own this game on PS3, I'm not buying it again on PS4. But I'd sure as heck buy a portable version of it.

Plum

I know. I have a Switch too but that is getting old. If this is true and they didn't make a Switch version it's because it wasn't planned. End of.

I love my Switch but people should stop begging or demanding... it's ridiculous.

"Port begging" is a failure on the part of the publisher to recognise their game's proven and potential audiences. It's not like people are clamouring for a Switch version of Red Dead 2 or Destiny 2 or something like that, this is a PS2/Wii Zelda-like with a cartoony art-style that hasn't been released on a portable before; Capcom has to be blind to not see that.

I'm speaking mainly on the quality of the remaster itself.

Me too. I think it had some issues with anisotropic filtering. And also because compared to it, Dragon's Dogma was a super release, with unlocked framerate, amazing controls, unlocked resolution, higher res textures.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its easy to understand the frustration though.

PS4 is selling like crazy.

Alotta games are for it.

Switch is selling like crazy.

A good number of games are for it.

Eh...not really - its not like people expect every AAA game on Switch,
but for stuff like Megaman Lecacy Collection or now Okami you gotta wonder why Capcom i missing out on the Switch option.

If Rockstar can have LA Noire on Switch....you would hope Capcom could bring games to the system that have appeared on past Nintendo systems.

Okami isnt a PS4 exclusive but a standard multiplattform Remaster - people will ask why a viable plattform is being left out on these releases.

ChryZ

Okami is such a good game. I'm glad it continues to be available. Clover Studio forever. I will finally double dip and pick up the PC version (if a good port).

Mediking

Eh...not really - its not like people expect every AAA game on Switch,
but for stuff like Megaman Lecacy Collection or now Okami you gotta wonder why Capcom i missing out on the Switch option.

If Rockstar can have LA Noire on Switch....you would hope Capcom could bring games to the system that have appeared on past Nintendo systems.

Okami isnt a PS4 exclusive but a standard multiplattform Remaster - people will ask why a viable plattform is being left out on these releases.

Agreed. Games that make alotta sense on Switch should really be there because they will sell well.

I give Ubisoft applause for supporting Switch. I bought that MarioXRabbids game and I can't wait for Rayman on Switch.

And Capcom IS supporting Switch but just in their own bizarre way. Lol

Asd202

Not necessarily.

Yeah right in every new game announcement you see people port begging.

Turrican3

If Capcom wanted the easy cash grab that could sell the most, putting this game on a portable system would be the biggest reason for people to buy it.
I see where you're coming from.
I guess both are valid criticism/reasons to feel baffled about Capcom behaviour.

To be fair to them though I would add that a currentgen HD port makes sense considering Okami HD was PS3 exclusive.

Yeah right in every new game announcement you see people port begging.
And you point is?

Mediking

I see where you're coming from.
I guess both are valid criticism/reasons to feel baffled about Capcom behaviour.

To be fair to them though I would add that a currentgen HD port makes sense considering Okami HD was PS3 exclusive.

Its also just Capcom beijg Capcom.

They're just reaching back in their vast catalog and is determined to port anything worthwile or not.

offshore

Good news, though are we/should we really expect substantial improvements over the PS3 version? PS3 version was a masterpiece; beyond gaining 60fps, it's hard to imagine many more improvements. Though they should really look at changing the sound of the voices to something more... aurally pleasant.

n128

SWITCH is not on sale in Korea,
not sure if any of you know this before asking the absence of SWITCH version.

I just played (and Platinum'd) this recently on PS4, but I'll probably buy anyway in the hopes of more Clover remasters. Viewtiful Joe in HD, God Hand with an unlocked framerate...

Bluth54

Good news, though are we/should we really expect substantial improvements over the PS3 version? PS3 version was a masterpiece; beyond gaining 60fps, it's hard to imagine many more improvements. Though they should really look at changing the sound of the voices to something more... aurally pleasant.

They could add more scenes that trick you into thinking the game is about to end.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Capcom is rereleasing everything theyve ever released this gen. I anticipate the release if Viewtiful Joe on X1.

Neff

Oh boy, PC means that even if they cut Reset again some intrepid modder can just add the song back in. Alright, I'll.... quadruple dip?

The Japanese PS3 version had it, so it's reasonable to assume the Japanese Remastered versions might too.

black070

Capcom's ports have been great so far - reasonably priced and at 60fps (excluding Dragons Dogma I think). Will definitely be in for this.

Byvar

I'll double dip. Already got the PS2 version, but never owned a PS3 so I have yet to see Amaterasu in all her HD glory. I'm hoping for 60fps.
Physical PS4 please... not digital only like PS3!
PS4 and XB1 versions were already leaked through an Intertoys (a shop in the Netherlands) listing so I guess those two are getting physical releases. PC will probably be Steam only.

Capra

Nice. I've always considered it a sin that I only ever played the less-than-stellar Wii port... Granted I loved it even with the spotty controls and neutered presentation, but still.

Just let me use the touchpad on PS4 to brush.

18qpqssvyb1w7gif.gif

Top Bottom