• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs Thread: [Update: FINALLY a funny joke descends upon the show post #4807]

Razor210

Gif request - in preparation, I think the "Boo this man" and "We got robbed" gifs are necessary

Also, is there going to be a musical interlude like last time?

Edit: Why am I always getting the top of the next page

Elios83

Kurtofan said:
It's 00:25 here, and fuck I'm tired!
Goodbye Internet can't wait for tomorrow morning.

Oh yes you have a french flag on the profile I didn't notice, it seems I'm tired too :lol :lol
MUST RESIST TO SEE UNCHARTED 3.

chubigans said:
*lights dim*

The screen is black. We hear "Jason? Jason! Ja-son!"

Blackness.

Then we hear "Jason? JASON!!"

Cue a childs voice: "I'm right here dad...on Xbox 360" followed by the reveal of the Xbox 360 logo. The child is near the 360 logo.

Heavy Rain 2. Only on Xbox 360.
:lol Best reveal EVAR

Suzzopher

Galvanise_ said:
FFXIII MP was known about internally at Sony and Microsoft for months. Sony own a significant amount of shares in SE so probably had to vote on the decision. Its not as if Wada rang up Mattrick and said 'I have something for you' and Mattrick said 'Fuck ODST then'.

Not the way I heard it. I heard Square got a into a wee bit of trouble with Sony over that.

TheOddOne

Galvanise_ said:
FFXIII MP was known about internally at Sony and Microsoft for months. Sony own a significant amount of shares in SE so probably had to vote on the decision. Its not as if Wada rang up Mattrick and said 'I have something for you' and Mattrick said 'Fuck ODST then'.
Actually Sony people where very suprised, after the announcement people leaked that they did not see it coming.

ConfusedMan09 said:
This normally works, try it.

Install the following addon:

http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967 then:

1) In Firefox, Go to tools->modify headers

2) From the drop down box on the left select add

3) Then enter: "X-Forwarded-For" in the first input box without the quotation marks

4) Enter: "12.13.14.15" in the second input box without the quotation marks

5) Leave the last input box empty, and save the filter, and enable it

http://imgur.com/Feb4.png

6) Click the 'Configuration' tab on the right then proceed to check the 'always on' button.

Close the Modify Headers box and it should work.

Thank you.

Suzzopher said:
Not the way I heard it. I heard Square got a into a wee bit of trouble with Sony over that.

I cannot see how Square could go over the heads of Sony, who own over 8% of the company. I would imagine Sony had contracts in place too. The lower Sony peeps were probably surprised. The guys at the top must have known.

Goldmund

ConfusedMan09 said:

3) Then enter: "X-Forwarded-For" in the first input box without the quotation marks

6) Click the 'Configuration' tab on the right then proceed to check the 'always on' button.

Doesn't work for me, I fear. It still blocks me. The configuration looks just like in your picture and it's set to "always on".

Thanks anyway.

V_Ben

Banned
Suzzopher said:
True. But Microsoft would cancel a big reveal without something bigger. I'd imagine they'll have something to throw up against Uncharted 3. A Kinect Gears is not in the same league.

And what could be bigger than a remake of the very same game that gave them the franchise that made their brand as big as it is today? :p I agree about the Kinect Gears thing, it would have been an interesting reveal, but nothing as big as Uncharted 3. They need something big to counter that one with.

ConfusedMan09

Neo Member
Goldmund said:
Doesn't work for me, I fear. It still blocks me. The configuration looks just like in your picture and it's set to "always on".

Thanks anyway.

Strange, works for me.

Have you tried restarting Firefox?

Zzoram

V_Ben said:
And what could be bigger than a remake of the very same game that gave them the franchise that made their brand as big as it is today? :p I agree about the Kinect Gears thing, it would have been an interesting reveal, but nothing as big as Uncharted 3. They need something big to counter that one with.

Episode 3 timed exclusive. lol.

Ya I have no idea what MSFT could have, maybe they're just moving out of the way of Uncharted 3, not trying to counter it.

derFeef

V_Ben said:
But why is Uncharted 3 a big reveal? We knew it was coming and the desert thing was already rumored.

Elios83

TheOddOne said:
Actually Sony people where very suprised, after the announcement people leaked that they did not see it coming.

We should make a difference between common Sony people/employees and executives.
There's now way Sony executives didn't know in fact later it came out that they rearranged the deal with SE and managed to keep the exclusive just in Japan.

Suzzopher

derFeef said:
But why is Uncharted 3 a big reveal? We knew it was coming and the desert thing was already rumored.

We know about it, we know about Kinect Gears too, but the general Spike watching audience may have no idea.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Secret guest is Yu Suzuki. He will take to the stage and reveal, for the first time, Shenmue III.

Suzzopher said:
A Kinect Gears is not in the same league.

Picture the scene:

Cut to stage. The lights go off.

The screen comes alive with what appears to be Gears of War III, appears.

Cue lights. Out of the darkness we see a lone figure on-stage, his back is to us.

Suddenly the camera zooms in, revealing that figure to be...Cliffy B!!!

He is adorned with shiny armour, his face dirtied from battle.

In front of him is Kinect. Yes, Kinect.

That's right, he is the controller.

His manly frame gesticulates wildly as he curb stomps, stops and pops and slices through the horde with his imaginary chainsaw. The crowd goes wild, the lights go out...

TheOddOne

Elios83 said:
We should make a difference between common Sony people/employees and executives.
There's now way Sony executives didn't know in fact later it came out that they rearranged the deal with SE and managed to keep the exclusive just in Japan.
Dunno if thats true, because right up to the announcement the trailers where still showing ''Only on PS3''.

Amir0x

Banned
derFeef said:

Well, not all reveals being "big" have to do with being unknown. The reveal for the next Halo game would be massive, even though we all KNOW it's coming.

Suzzopher

Opus Angelorum said:
Picture the scene:

Cue lights. Out of the darkness we see a lone figure on-stage, his back is to us.

His manly frame gesticulates wildly as he curb stomps, stops and pops and slices through the horde with his imaginary chainsaw. The crowd goes wild, the lights go out...

Can you imagine watching a grown man using an invisible chainsaw on live TV:lol

Opus Angelorum said:
Picture the scene:

Then.....ERROR Not enough light (809B1002)

Karram

ConfusedMan09 said:

Thank you sir.

Zzoram

A Halo CE remake in the Reach engine doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It would probably sell less than ODST, even if they add multiplayer.

Opus Angelorum said:
Picture the scene:

I would pay money to watch a grown man embarrass himself like that.

ZeroRay

Zzoram said:
A Halo CE remake in the Reach engine doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It would probably sell less than ODST, even if they add multiplayer.

It would be my most anticipated Halo game ever.

I thought we'd get a level on Halo with Master Chief at the end of Reach but I was MISLEAD!

RiverBed

Banned
ConfusedMan09 said:

Thanks. THat worked. Hotspot Shield isn't enough to fake my IP to a US one. But now that I did what you posted, I can access not only Spike, but Hulu!

What did that just do by the way? I want to learn something new.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can probably hook up a stream for GAF on Justin.tv if there's a large enough demand. I know a lot of you guys either don't get the channel or don't live in the states. I can hook up a GAF only password as well.

If enough people want it, let me know ASAP so I can do it in time for the pre-show!

If someone on GAF is already handling stream duties, cool

Moobabe

Zzoram said:

Maybe this is the moment they finally announce full support for GFWL and announce the Halo CEmake, 3, ODST and Reach are available to download on PC RIGHT NOW!

Or maybe not :S

And definitely get a stream going!

Kittonwy

Banned
derFeef said:

It's a big reveal because Uncharted 2 proved Naughty Dog can make an awesome game, it's like learning that Bobby Flay will be cooking your steak, you KNOW it will be awesome.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom