• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthe

It's true that nazis have become more brazen and that violent hate crimes from them are on the rise. It's also true that people should fight back against them if harassed.

But if this keeps escalating, sooner or later we'll get shootouts on the streets. Some people here are already advocating outright murder.

Well, yes, we already fought a fucking world war over this, and after the dust cleared we presumed people would look at the horrors of Nazism and be like "we shouldn't let this happen again." I mean, Germany outlawed that shit. It was looking kind of good.

Now we have people upset in this very thread that these little shits are getting punched.

Antifa aren't the ones that will lead the charge to shoot-outs. It's the scary-ass moderates and sympathizers who will.

But if this keeps escalating, aren't we going to start seeing shootouts on the streets eventually? Some people here are already advocating outright shooting the guy instead of punching him.

Yeah, it would really suck if Nazis started killing people and we had to fight back. Luckily that has never happened anywhere in the history of the world.

It's true that nazis have become more brazen and that violent hate crimes from them are on the rise. It's also true that people should fight back against them if harassed.

But if this keeps escalating, sooner or later we'll get shootouts on the streets. Some people here are already advocating outright murder.

Take a dip into any dwelling of the alt-right, punch or no punch they seem happy pushing the agenda of escalation, and there's more than 'some people' advocating it there, regardless of what people say on here.

I'd pay a pack of toddlers to beat up hitler-baby.
VNBDaCE.gif

damn that dude was channeling All-might there and Seattle smashed the nazi. glad to see America's national pastime of punching nazi's in the face is still going strong today.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Never going to condone this shit. If you think that violently assaulting someone solely for their political views - however reprehensible they might be - is okay, then you are not one of the good guys. Even the person who may or may not have been responsible for this happening is refusing to identify himself - because he believes that exactly the same will happen to him, at the hands of someone who thinks his political position is unacceptable.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Have any of you GAFers punched a neo nazi? You all seem in favor of using violent actions against these dudes but I'm curious if any of you have actually punched a guy/girl wearing a Nazi symbol, KKK mask, MAGA hat, etc.

I have never punched a person, nor would I likely go up to a Nazi and punch him.

But when it happens, I smile.

SeanC

A) You know Nazism is bad and most people don't like it and are against it and there's literally no argument saying it's ok.

B) You willfully put on Nazi armband and walk around aggressively spouting Nazi bullshit.

Don't be surprised if A + B = you getting punched in the face.

Beefy

Never going to condone this shit. If you think that violently assaulting someone solely for their political views - however reprehensible they might be - is okay, then you are not one of the good guys. Even the person who may or may not have been responsible for this happening is refusing to identify himself - because he believes that exactly the same will happen to him, at the hands of someone who thinks his political position is unacceptable.

Being a Nazi isn't just a political view.

Nah, I am good. Confident I am one of the good ones.

MUnited83

For you.
Have any of you GAFers punched a neo nazi? You all seem in favor of using violent actions against these dudes but I'm curious if any of you have actually punched a guy/girl wearing a Nazi symbol, KKK mask, MAGA hat, etc.

I have. Funnily enough, after a almost one hour debate(btw, debating nazis is useless. I've learned it that day). Dude was getting consistently more angry the more me and my friends were defending basic human decency and rights. Dude started getting more and more heated and was getting physical with my friend. I punched the motherfucker before he went off. Didn't knock him out, but was enough to make him leave at least.

I gotta thank the dude though, it was quite the learning experience. I've seen what eyes that fill with complete hatred and anger at the small suggestion that all people have human rights and no races are superior look like.

Nazis are putrid ponds of diahrreia that can barely be called humans. They are nothing but psychopaths filled with pure distilled rage and hate. They're nothing but monsters that feed off the most villanous, darkest shit humanity has conjured.

Enzom21

The police said he was harassing people trying to instigate fights, he wasn’t assaulted.

Bossking

Banned

We cannot afford to just roll over as neo-nazis continue to ramp shit up. We've already had people murdered and shots fired. We can't turn to police. We can't turn to our own government. Either we fight nazism now and try to stamp out before it does even more damage, or we ignore it and risk losing everything.

Tain

extremely glad that nazis will continue to get punched in spite of finger-wagging like this

Easy_D

never left the stone age

I can understand a hard stance against violence of any kind, but alluding to Nazism being a political view is kind of shitty, especially when it boils down to a "both sides" argument.

I doubt these hypothetical good guys would allow Nazism.

norm9

Being a nazi is not a political view. Perhaps as a dictionary definition, maybe, but nah, its not a political view.

Manu

Won't somebody think of the Nazis?

If he puts on an antifas logo and marches himself into a neonazi compound and starts shouting anti Nazi propaganda at people, would you feel sorry for him if he gets punched in the face or think he was incredibly lucky not to suffer much worse?

Glass Rebel

giphy.gif

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Is it a political view to harass multiple people in public? Did you miss that part or are you wilfully ignoring it?

On one hand I agree with you in the context that it's not the way to remove this behaviour (an eye for an eye makes the world blind and all that)

However keep in mind the group this person is advocating for and that groups history.... just saying

PSqueak

Banned
Someone correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't a POC punching out a person wearing a fucking nazi arm band be within the area of "it's self defense, i feared for my life" that trigger happy cops love to use?

You see a symbol that people use to rally for the genocide of your people, i think it's pretty safe to say that falls on self defense to punch them.

Being a Nazi isn't just a political view.
Exactly.

Being racist isn't a political view.

Being sexist isn't a political view.

People need to stop normalising or enabling others to with shit like this. There is a difference between "we believe different economic models" and "I think my race/gender is superior to yours and I'm following the methodology and teachings of fascists".

Political views? Is this the middle?

Agree to disagree. He's out looking for trouble and trouble found him.

I kinda wished someone pissed on him while he was passed out.

Then he'd go home and rethink his life choices.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Did a NeoGAF mod really just associate Naziism with a legitimate political position?

Edit: I swear the poster was red when I went to post the above. My mistake!

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I doubt these hypothetical good guys would allow Nazism.

Damn straight they wouldn't. They would have some sort of system in place to deal with it, like, for example, laws against hate speech. Despite what some people might think, being against punching people in the street in a way that could cause permanent damage or death is not in any way equivalent to condoning Nazis.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

I think he's not identifying himself because he knows he'd be arrested for dealing with a problem that American law enforcement have no interest in dealing with.

Also, "hey black man who punched a Nazi, identify yourself to the authorities" is a shitty position to take, given what we know about American law enforcement.

C'mon, you cannot by any means be alluding to Nazism as a political view.

Joeku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=antmMPqYuw8

Frodo

"political" """""views"""""""

Tolerating intolerance just allows intolerance to foster. Punch nazis away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom