• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armband-wearing Nazi roams Seattle instigating, gets KOed, removes armband and leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
If this guy wants to be a nazi he can do so consequence-free in the privacy of his mom's basement.

The second he decided to go out and start harassing people he knew what he was signing up for, or at least he knows now.

M.J. Doja

Banned
This is the kind of false flag I can get behind.

Just kidding. But for real, at least this will cause the Nazi cowards to think twice about rolling solo with that bullshit.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Lol @ all the "let the law deal with it" crowd. The fucking cops ARE Nazis. Same with most of the judges and the whole system. Get outta town.

97FAWud.png

Lol

ash321

Put it this way.

Essentially, what the fucker wearing is saying: "I hate Jew, I hate black man, I hate Mexican. I like a government/ political stance/ ideology that did / will do:

Crimes during the Holocaust included physical crimes. In Ukraine, an estimated 400,000 Jewish people were killed in Nazi concentration camps during the Holocaust. On average per day about 1,864 Jewish people died.[4] Most of the people who were murdered during the Holocaust never had proper burials.[4] Ukraine has over 750 mass graves where groups of five or more Jewish people were marched into mass pits and shot in the back. 5,000 Jews were marched from Ukraine into these pits.[4] To save bullets children would be thrown into pits of fire to be burned alive.

Physical crimes also included "criminal assault on innocent and helpless victims"[5] and victims were "beaten, drowned, whipped, shot, ran over, strangled, gassed, and hung."[3] These crimes included sexual crimes or crimes that "were directed at women's genitalia."[6] Another ‘popular' way the Nazis murdered people was to have them euthanized.[7] The Nazi crimes also included genocide.[8]

against minority people."

You wear that symbol. You stood in front of my face. You harass a black man.

Look at all of that shit. Come back to me and say: "We should be better than that."

Just by living a normal life, I'm already better than that piece of shit.

Hell, my asshole, which I use to fart, is better than that piece of shit. At least it doesn't harm other people.

I love everything about this story.

I'm the opposite.

To do this, the guy has an obvious mental illness. He could also have been very easily killed by the punch.

Instead of playing twitter vigilante people should inform the police, let them handle the situation and hopefully see that he gets some help.

This whole idea that all police are corrupt nazis is nonsense. The idea that twitter groups should be used to find and publish personal details is kind of frightening.

There is a problem here, punching it away doesn't solve it.

I'm the opposite.

To do this, the guy has an obvious mental illness. He could also have been very easily killed by the punch.

Instead of playing twitter vigilante people should inform the police, let them handle the situation and hopefully see that he gets some help.

This whole idea that all police are corrupt nazis is nonsense. The idea that twitter groups should be used to find and publish personal details is kind of frightening.

what mental illness does he have?

Fercho

I find baffling how some idiots still find reasons to justify, defend , attack the other side or make victims of these racists scumbags, no matter how direct or offensive these incidents are. It's just perplexing.

A white supremacist kills a girl with his car and hurts dozens - "the fault was on both sides"

A stupid weasel streamer, with millions of subscribers says the N word, loud and clear in a live stream - "it was the heat of the moment, he is not racist, we all do it".

A Neo-Nazi gets knocked the fuck out after harassing somebody and racially insulting somebody with his "welfare" comment -"violence is bad, we are not vigilantes, this is a crime" , "No all nazis are bad, what about nazi babies?"

At least have the courtesy to not insult the collective intelligence , you are not fooling anyone. Where is going to end?

rjinaz

I don't particularly like violence so you'll rarely see me condone it. I wouldn't want to watch something like this in person and I don't particularly like even watching the video. BUT, I'm not going to feel bad a nazi was punched. It looks like he'll live. Don't want none, don't start none.

Even if I was 100% against violence I would have a hard time coming to the defense of a nazi like some in this thread have been doing. I'd feel pretty damn gross. Maybe you should think about why you don't feel gross.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
How should the world have handled World War II?
By sitting Hitler down for tea and explaining that gassing people, burning people alive and attempting to exterminate an entire race is not nice obv..

I'm the opposite.

Lmao racism is a mental illness right?

Ozigizo

Yeah, a group (wonder who) is brigading the videos we are posting and mass flagging them.

Also, can someone explain what the hell happened in the last 10 pages?

LeonSPBR

I'm the opposite.

What mental illness turn people into nazi??

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
You can’t be serious. Go punch some cops then.

Ohhhhh fantastic response. You really got me there.

My point was clearly that this guy would have faced little to no punishment for his hateful beliefs because the whole system is built on something incredibly similar.

Beefy

I'm the opposite.

No, just no. None of this he has a mental health problem rubbish. It is demeaning to people with actual issues such as myself.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I think you confuse "justice" with some concept of civilization or order. Or at least you have a concept of justice that differs significantly from my own. What is just about allowing a free and open practice of the Nazi ideology? Is justice what is enshrined in law?

Glad you're willing to talk about things rationally rather than just jump to conclusions. Maybe I do see justice as being tied to civilization and order. I certainly don't see justice as being correlated with the attitude that because I believe a person to be bad I have the right to inflict violence upon them.

Is justice what is enshrined in law? No. The purpose of law should be to codify what is just, but that doesn't happen for various reasons (not least of which is that it's really difficult) and it doesn't matter what the law says when the enforcement of that law is as broken as it often is in the US.

Allowing a free and open practice of the Nazi ideology? Well, that's a tricky one. Practicing a lot of that ideology is already illegal everywhere, obviously. Talking about it? Also illegal in some places, protected at the highest levels of the law in others. You can make a case both ways.

Again, I said earlier that "Violence is never the correct course of action" is wonderful statement on the whole, but it's a whole other discussion. When does violence become just? Self-defense? What about pre-emptive action? Or does government-sanctioned violence only reach the just level?

Self-defence, certainly. Pre-emptive action? Dangerous. Seen that used as a defence of bad shit too many times. Let's pretend you didn't ask whether government-sanctioned violence is necessary and sufficent for it to be just, and agree that obviously it isn't.

If you decry violence of a citizen, then are changes that comes only after a riot - see Stonewall or the LA Riots - a poor outcome because the impetus may be negative? Is the justice in the outcome or the action?

I'm assuming we can agree 100% that good changes that come out of bad actions are still inherently good. We can probably also agree 100% that good changes that come without bad actions are even better, maybe after going down a side street of agreeing that this isn't always something that can or does happen.

Can't there be justice or lack thereof independently in both? If a positive change comes about as a result of a situation in which innocent people are harmed, we would agree that the positive change was good, and the harm to innocents was bad, I'm sure - that there's justice in the outcome but not in the trigger for it.

I ask, because these are relevant questions. I'm not saying I would punch a Nazi, but I find "Violence is never an answer" to be a statement that misses the reality of the world we live in. It's a statement that were should attempt to live up to, but not one that passes any muster when you look at it critically.

"Violence is never an answer" is oversimplistic. If it weren't time for me to head off to bed, I'd be looking for a less preachy and judgemental version of Asimov's "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". The message being that violence should be avoided wherever possible, and that any case where it becomes necessary should be deemed a failure.

Generally, I take the ideology based on genetic and ethnic cleaning as outside of politics but that's just me.

It's certainly a valid position. My problem with it is that I see so much in mainstream politics that echoes it. When there are mainstream political parties around the world that have discriminatory policies against people based on their ethnicity, I don't want to view the worst case of that as being somehow outside of the debate. I want to be able to point out to people that the position they're espousing is on the same path as that. Maybe not as far along, but really fucking scarily approaching it.

It's not - as someone wrongly claimed - saying that Nazism is 'just' another political ideology, no different from any other. It's actually pretty much the opposite of that. It's saying that things that are political positions, that fit into our view of what mainstream politics can be, that are really fucking scary.

I'm the opposite.

Oh lord, here we go with the mental illness excuse

Aside from being insulting as fuck to people with actual mental illness, posing racism as an impulse beyond a person's control seeks to absolve them of any responsibility for their actions.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm the opposite.

Walking around with a Nazi armband is directly promoting war crimes. Against ME.

I will not defend their right to once again advocate for and pursue my extermination. That's not free speech.

televator

Put it this way.

Essentially, what the fucker wearing is saying: "I hate Jew, I hate black man, I hate Mexican. I like a government, political stance, ideology that did / will do:

against minority people."

You wear that symbol. You stood in front of my face. You harass a black man.

Look at all of that shit. Come back to me and say: "We should be better than that."

Just by living a normal life, I'm already better than that piece of shit.

Hell, my asshole, which I use to fart, is better than that piece of shit. At least it doesn't harm other people.

Pretty much. What that armband says to me is is that he would like me and every Jew and colored person to be shoved into a gas chamber and incinerated en mass. Fuck him.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the opposite.

Did mental illness sweep across Germany 70 years ago?

Pikma

Banned
I'm the opposite.

Lmao, aaaand here's the "he has a mental illness" excuse

Some of those "violence is not ok" posts though...

0ec90da3f0248cc5d507e8ad8c1bbb33--movie-tv-michael-okeefe.jpg

Can't live in videogame bubbles forever. The world is a shitty place and violence sometimes gets shit done for people who are getting fucked up by shit people. It sucks but that's the reality we live in.

jabuseika

I'm kinda disturbed from some of the posts in this thread...

Violence isn't okay.

More disturbing than a Nazi armband wearing hatemonger walking down the street in broad daylight? or less.

Let's get some levels of disturbing things here, like the other guy talking about levels of political ideas.

I'm the opposite.

You're right. It does not solve the problem, but it's a better deterrent than the cops.

This will not end well for our country. This is what the wealthy and the powerful want. A race / class war. Its the same shit, different century.

Of course Nazis (and this guy) want a class war. Nobody is denying that. Of course politicians like to divide us. Nobody is denying that.

But are you honestly going to sit there and write that we need to tolerate literal Nazis?

I'm the opposite.

Mental illness makes people buy into a hateful ideology that advocates unspeakable atrocities?

Nah, we done with that bullshit.

Don't want none, don't start none.

Trump has made some of these scum bags real bold.

I am A-okay with reminding them of what will happen if they press.

Nepenthe

I haven't seen anyone here suggest that. "Talking" to them isn't going to change anything. It would be completely pointless.

I'm curious though, what do you think the solution is?

The "solution" to Nazism is to:

A.) Establish a civil front line that makes these fucks uncomfortable to show up like this asshat did today by any means necessary. Out protest them, insult them, report them to their employers and get their asses fired, and- yes- punch the fucks in the face and let Antifa do their thing. Make it so that being a Nazi actually ruins your life short of going to prison.

B.) Reform the police force, and by reform I mean burn that shit to the ground. We know there's a white supremacist element running through America's entire police force. We know Nazis serve among the "good cops." This isn't new. Let's stop pussyfooting and push forward with active solutions such as establishing independent boards, pushing for tougher oversight laws, getting rid of politicians sympathetic to killer cops, and yes, protests and violent actions because fuck Nazi cops.

C.) Progressives and their ilk need to stop inviting these fucks onto shows to "debate." Let's be fucking real here. No one goes into Nazism ignorant and open-minded. You're either on board with this shit or you aren't. Inviting them on our shows and podcasts and Twitch livestreams only normalizes their views by giving the appearance that they are worth talking to and have a side that's worth hearing out. They're not, and they don't. Fuck 'em.

D.) Push for stricter hate speech laws. The first amendment survived incitement laws. It will survive adding Nazism to that list.

E.) Republicans are clearly for white supremacy. Ergo, vote for the Democratic candidate in all levels of elections, even if your progressive unicorn doesn't get on the ballot. Seriously, what the fuck guys? This is literally the easiest thing to do and you keep fucking it up.

Crosseyes

Banned
You can’t be serious. Go punch some cops then.
Morally, they absolutely deserve it. Some particularly evil precincts deserve worse.

But legally and politically it's only acceleration on the road to fascism with how our government is controlled right now.

MikeyB

Lol @ all the "let the law deal with it" crowd. The fucking cops ARE Nazis. Same with most of the judges and the whole system. Get outta town.

Washington State law prohibits malicious harassment. Depending on what the KO'd shithead was saying, he could have been arrested. Seems like the county Seattle is in sees 50 of those cases in a year.

Apparently, in about half of those arrests, the suspects are mentally ill, FWIW.

So there is a law, it does lead to convictions, but it is probably in need of improvement in various ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom