• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

bombshell

Ran out of gas in the 911 Magione endurance, half way through lap 30

Kill me

Be sure to make use of the fuel management function in the MFD display and monitor it throughout the race and if needed switch to a more leaner fuel consumption preset, if you can see you're just short of having enough for another full lap.

The Sr system will not doubt get tweaks here and there but it basically works. I like it, anyhow.

It lends some long term weight to on track incidents. The person braking imposibly late and rear ending others to get through turns is obviously at fault, but both parties involved suffer consequences. Irl that would be physical damage. Here, it's the Sr points.

Mm I just don't agree with that; crashing your car is different than damaging your reputation, which is basically what SR is.

As I was saying last night, I think these races need to be gated by skill-based offline challenges. If you can't handle that class of car or don't know that track well, you shouldn't be allowed to mess up everyone else's race because of it.

GHG

Lesson learned. Thing is, I could almost see myself just restarting the race, it was so enjoyable. What a gem of a game!

About an hours worth of time. It's an incredible race, if you have the time I definitely suggest trying it out! Like GHG said though, refuel for a lap more than you think you need. That's what I'm taking away from this haha.

It's well worth doing again. I redid the race and have no regrets. The bonus is that i now know the track really well. It's just such great fun to race on.

Does anyone know why the Sport mode Suzuka full track and Nurburgring GP races were changed this morning?

Sport mode races are changed daily.

psn

Use the share button. Do you have Ps4 or Pro?

Normal ps4. But I can't record right now, I have to work for the next hours. Just unlocked it quick with the +13 timezone trick.

I am pretty satisfied with my garage for now, the duplicate sucks tho.
0AEWsF.png

Normal ps4. But I can't record right now, I have to work for the next hours. Just unlocked it quick with the +13 timezone trick.

I am pretty satisfied with my garage for now, the duplicate sucks tho.
0AEWsF.png

Pretty cool! I have about 6 or 7 cars and none of them are those you have.

lem0n

Be sure to make use of the fuel management function in the MFD display and monitor it throughout the race and if needed switch to a more leaner fuel consumption preset, if you can see you're just short of having enough for another full lap.
Oh I wish I realized that was a thing before I started. It ran out on the big downhill part before the tight right-hander, so I was nearly there.

GHG

Just witnessed someone get demoted straight from C down to E. he was literally playing like it's burnout paradise or something.

Eat shit.

bombshell

How is this comparing with Forza 7?

0 lootboxes in here.

Just witnessed someone get demoted straight from C down to E. he was literally playing like it's burnout paradise or something.

Eat shit.

I was laughing my ass off earlier today after a sport race on Nurburgring GP. On lap 2 I saw an idiot run full speed over the grass in the last chicane to overtake me and on last lap I was close to his tail and he did it again. He finished race 2nd, but had 1 minute and 57 seconds in penalties from those cuts and his real position ended up beeing dead last. I forgot to check what the result was to his SR.

Loudninja

Enzo_Ferrari

Neo Member
I've enjoyed this beta a lot but I'm gonna skip the full game until the server issues and game crashes are sorted out. Waiting around for a sport event to start and then getting disconnected before it even starts is not fun at all. The penalty system needs improving. Losing SR for being hit by others is ridiculous.

Also the early driving school stuff is mind-numbingly boring. It's like the game thinks I've never driven a car before.

So I suck at driving games. Would I enjoy this?

100%. Game has a lot of difficulty modes catering from the hardcore to the straight up casuals.

Easy mode gives you racing line, braking line, etc. It even automatically brakes for you so you can focus on driving instead of timing your brakes right.

Lastly, you can really customize the game to your liking, from degradation to slipstream advantage to boost advantage, etc.

This demo has been pretty awesome. It went from a definite no buy to a probably and is just behind F1 2017 for my favorite racer this gen . GTS is super fun online but I hate getting smashed in turn 1 by a car not braking at all and having my SR affected. Either way, I wish more racing games had online like this.

bosh

Mm I just don't agree with that; crashing your car is different than damaging your reputation, which is basically what SR is.

As I was saying last night, I think these races need to be gated by skill-based offline challenges. If you can't handle that class of car or don't know that track well, you shouldn't be allowed to mess up everyone else's race because of it.

I could agree with that. The reputation system worked well on wide courses but the one from yesterday's sports selection (middle one, night track) was a nightmare. Was driving on a straight away about a mile from the u turn, nailed from behind, car spins and I hit the wall into the lane into another car into the other wall and bounced back into the other wall. I'm fine with the position I finished in, stuff happens, but my SR lowered because of that. I was given a 40 second penalty for getting hit then bouncing into walls on a tight area of the course. I was able to work it off before finishing but the SR downgrade stunk. Bigger tracks getting hit didn't lead to as big of an issue since it didn't cause mayhem.

Clearly your fault, in real life that guy behind would be dead from you brake testing him.

;)

Yeah! Apparently I was supposed to hit the guy in front of me like he did.

Is there possibly any explanation for the clusterfuck I just witnessed? To be fair, I was on the edge to C. But straight to D and this call in general is simply insane.

Tomeru

So I suck at driving games. Would I enjoy this?

I remember playing gt1 way back in 97. I did'nt really win races. At the 2h race on grand valley, my viper was lapped by the ai subaru. Twice.

And then I somehow discovered braking. And it all went high hill afyer that. GTS is actually making a big effort in teaching you to drive and race.

If you think you suck, I think this game will teach you otherwise.

0 lootboxes in here.

I was laughing my ass off earlier today after a sport race on Nurburgring GP. On lap 2 I saw an idiot run full speed over the grass in the last chicane to overtake me and on last lap I was close to his tail and he did it again. He finished race 2nd, but had 1 minute and 57 seconds in penalties from those cuts and his real position ended up beeing dead last. I forgot to check what the result was to his SR.

haha maybe it was his first race? I haven't played a racing game since GT4 (a long time ago). My first race in Sport got me trying to do my best but I hit some cars from behind at first and some walls. I was 2nd the whole race until the very last curve that the 3rd passed me, anyway for my first race 3rd was very much welcome, I thought I was going to be destroyed by the competition tbh...

To my surprise, after that I got like +38 seconds of penalization and ended 11th, couldn't believe what happened but I asumed it was from all those crashes.

Now I barely reach the top 10 (sometimes) but oh boy how clean I race lol.

I could agree with that. The reputation system worked well on wide courses but the one from yesterday's sports selection (middle one, night track) was a nightmare. Was driving on a straight away about a mile from the u turn, nailed from behind, car spins and I hit the wall into the lane into another car into the other wall and bounced back into the other wall. I'm fine with the position I finished in, stuff happens, but my SR lowered because of that. I was given a 40 second penalty for getting hit then bouncing into walls on a tight area of the course. I was able to work it off before finishing but the SR downgrade stunk. Bigger tracks getting hit didn't lead to as big of an issue since it didn't cause mayhem.

Yeah. I'm not opposed to the SR system, but I think it needs to be augmented and refined. For instance, why the universal penalties for being rear-ended? The game knows your speed, knows their speed, and knows what a safe speed in that area of the track is. Surely they can more intelligently figure out who is generally at fault and apply the penalty in a more fair manner.

I remember playing gt1 way back in 97. I did'nt really win races. At the 2h race on grand valley, my viper was lapped by the ai subaru. Twice.

Was that the one where you had to pit? I remember on that one I didn't know you could pit or how to do it, so I ran the whole race on my original tires. By the end I was doing insane drifting just to keep the car on the track. Still ended up 3rd!

"melancholia" by lenny ibizarre.

what a tune.
Really dig 'What Can You Do'. Just super chill ambience, but can't find it anywhere but in the game.

I know there are ways to pull mp3s from YouTubes but I mean something legit and quality.

Also, speaking of the game's music, I wish there was a way to see what was currently playing. If you missed the pop-up it'd be nice if it showed a "playing" icon when viewing the music library.

Of course that'd be super low on the list of updates for the game, but still ...

GHG

I just got demoted back down to D for some arsehole taking me out. How does it make sense that someone comes flying into the back of me and takes us both off the track but yet I'm the one who gets the 10 second penalty.

This is bullshit. D was cleaner than C anyway ironically.

Man, I really want to play this game without driver's aids but on a controller dealing with oversteer is freaking tough. I've cranked the steering sensitivity all the way up so my inputs are fairly close to what a real person could do, but there's so much delay and unpredictability that I struggle to keep it straight once oversteer starts.

Am I alone in this? Is practice all that's needed? I'm getting better at it but there are still times that I'm losing it that I could have and have saved while on a race track in real life.

Maybe I just need to buy a good steering wheel and setup already. :(

Eggbok

Photomode question, how the hell do you work the shutter speed. No matter what I change it too it looks the exact same lol.

Unknown?

And then I somehow discovered braking. And it all went high hill afyer that. GTS is actually making a big effort in teaching you to drive and race.

If you think you suck, I think this game will teach you otherwise.

That’s what makes GTS infinitely better that previous games. It actually trains you whereas the license tests before did help some but were bare bones.

The1Ski

Don't know if other games have a similar but I love it in sport. Seems like a fair way to control for sloppy driving or outright cheating. Needs a LITTLE refinement though since every once in awhile a penalty will pop up for no apparent reason

Glad I got a chance to put some more time in it today without battling crashes.

Sport mode is definitely the meat and potatoes of this. I like doing the license tests and missions as a challenge, but I can't wait to have them behind me, especially anytime you have the face the AI. Seriously, how are they still this awful at programming AI? I mean thank god it doesn't matter in the bigger picture because this is an online focused game, but still wooof. They are horrific. Luckily that is the main low point so far. Er, scratch that. Rally is the lowest point of this game. That mode needs to be euthanized and thrown in a dumpster. It is an insult to rally racing. I really hope there aren't too many missions that make you do rally racing. It is a joyless slog.

Need to finish off the endurance race and then going for sport mode only tonight. Loving Lake Maggiore.

Other note now that I think of it. Tire wear seems to be way off. Tires go off with like only 5% wear and the difference between medium and hard distances is negligible. They seem we wear at very similar rates with hard tires having less grip. Maybe it is just at the time scale of the last mission endurance race but with the pit deltas and fuel consumption, you can't really do long stints on hards to make up for the time lost even when they are fresh. I had this same issue with GT6. Supposedly some later patches sorted out how similar the tires were but I wasn't playing much at that point. Feels like a step back.

Unknown?

Don't know if other games have a similar but I love it in sport. Seems like a fair way to control for sloppy driving or outright cheating. Needs a LITTLE refinement though since every once in awhile a penalty will pop up for no apparent reason
This is great! I just let the idiots either spin out or cheat and don’t worry too much and usually end up several positions ahead just for racing clean.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I’ve definitely seen it in other games. Even in campaign. I want to say GT6 or the older Forza games also had it but it’s been awhile. I tried to cheese my way past the AI with cuts on an event once and clearly recall big time penalties pushing my rank standing down despite getting first.

Top Bottom