• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

DieH@rd

Banned
Will the final game have the same 3 race track options, 20 minutes apart Sport mode from the beta?

That's their alternative to SimRacingSystem platform, which is I think enough for many who seek more organized online space.

There are general MP lobbies in the game also, so anyone can create online game of their choosing.

Will the final game have the same 3 race track options, 20 minutes apart Sport mode from the beta?

Not sure if it will have more or just 3 events at a time but yes Sports mode will work like that, with set events at different times.

You can join open lobbys in Acade mode to jump into an online race whenever you like though.

bud

man... i try to race clean but then some moron bunda into me and i'm the one whose rating goes down.

don't do this to me.

raven777

That's their alternative to SimRacingSystem platform, which is I think enough for many who seek more organized online space.

There are general MP lobbies in the game also, so anyone can create online game of their choosing.

yeah I saw the more traditional lobbies. But I really like the organized Sport online system so I think I will be mainly playing this. I just wish it had little more option with less intervals, like 6 tracks with 10 minutes interval..

Angst

yeah i'd have to agree. it doesn't satisfy the need for speed like other games do. no one in the crew i hang out with is getting this game. it probably won't even be that memorable in the franchise, really just a blur. i can see burnout setting in very quickly, especially when you consider how dirt is being handled. at this point forza is going to out run this game in sales. i hope the next game results in a shift for the series otherwise they're cruising for a bruising.
I see what you did there 😁

Just had to go back and take some more pictures :)

Shame about the noise if there's motion blur/low aperture added though.

ZI6c.jpg

aJ6c.jpg

bJ6c.jpg

cJ6c.jpg

dJ6c.jpg

gJ6c.jpg

hJ6c.jpg

KdotIX

Was running so well in a Gr. 4 Lake Maggiore race until someone called ClenchedFist in a Porsche Caymann ran into the side of me on the S curves before the downhill-hairpin. Its like some people don't even pay attention to their proximity indicators... To make matters worse, got stuck behind some italian guy. I managed to take a nice line around the 3rd to last corner and he moved over to block me out and made me spin. Ended up 10th... could have been on the podium.

If this demo is staying open to full release, they really need to lock off sport mode and make everyone do the Racing Etiquette courses first.

Angst

yeah I saw the more traditional lobbies. But I really like the organized Sport online system so I think I will be mainly playing this. I just wish it had little more option with less intervals, like 6 tracks with 10 minutes interval..
I hope they do special races as well. I want endurance races online! 10 laps on the Nordschleife. 1.5 hours on Suzuka etc

djjinx2

Not sure if it will have more or just 3 events at a time but yes Sports mode will work like that, with set events at different times.

You can join open lobbys in Acade mode to jump into an online race whenever you like though.

3 is fine, once you have raced then it's only 5 mins to start next race

paulogy

After struggling to make enough space for the last few days I finally got a chance to play the demo a bit last night. My god, what a beautiful game. The level of detail if you're watching your replay and pause to go into photo mode, or that gorgeous Scapes mode which I thought I wouldn't care for but wound up loving. The lighting and shadows in particular are amazing to me.

Niks

How is this stupid ? my god.

The whole point of the demo was to stress test and it did its job sometimes stuff is much bigger then devs excepted it happens.

It's GT, not some new IP nobody has heard of. BTW I'm not criticizing that the demo has issues, just the excuse.

PS4 has a install base of 50+ million, 1 million users should be par for the course.

This beta turned out to be quite a turn around for me, from not at all bothering with it due its mostly online features to actually considering buying a wheel for it (already preordered the game). My G27+wheelstand setup weeps in the corner though as I look for new wheel.

emjot

Still can't comnect to the servers, always getting a error when trying to save manually. :(
I don't want to loose my progress again.

Loudninja

From the Eurogamer article
That 'Sport' suffix for the series' PlayStation 4 debut sets an expectation which this new Gran Turismo happily meets. The online racing is several steps beyond what's gone before and, judging from a few days with the generous demo that's been live this week, Polyphony Digital has fulfilled one of its main objectives for this new game. Gran Turismo Sport really does feel like an 'iRacing lite' for consoles.
It's not without its faults, and an initial sense of frustration. Blame isn't apportioned in incidents, something that can feel unfair when you're starting out in the jostle of other amateur drivers. But eventually it does make some sense, especially when up against more seasoned competitors who appreciate that rubbing really isn't racing. Gran Turismo Sport also has some of its own quirks, with the penalty for being rear-ended by an overeager player a little too harsh at the moment - though that's a known issue that'll hopefully be addressed come launch next week.
It has already made for some incredible online racing. A GT4 race around Interlagos played host to a handful of noble scraps, as myself and another driver swapped places continuously - and with no small amount of courtesy, too. A one-make kart race around the all-new Kyoto Driving Park provided the perfect backdrop for some intense dicing that was, remarkably, kept clean throughout - my fondness for that particular event helped, no doubt, by how it brought about my first win. And winning in Gran Turismo Sport can feel like quite the achievement.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-12-gran-turismo-sport-review-in-progress

Kaz apologizing on Twitter...

Kaz, the game is shaping to be a success, but saying you didn't expect so many users is.. incredibly stupid.

I hope this is just some modesty and not him lowering the bar for expectations in terms of server reliability at launch.

Kaz apologizing on Twitter...

Kaz, the game is shaping to be a success, but saying you didn't expect so many users is.. incredibly stupid.

It's one million users.

That's Dota, Destiny numbers. Numbers that VERY few games can achieve. It's not stupid because it's actually a really high number of users.

ddikxela

This beta turned out to be quite a turn around for me, from not at all bothering with it due its mostly online features to actually considering buying a wheel for it (already preordered the game). My G27+wheelstand setup weeps in the corner though as I look for new wheel.

Give that g27 some PS4 love with a gimx setup!

emjot

It's one million users.

That's Dota, Destiny numbers. Numbers that VERY few games can achieve. It's not stupid because it's actually a really high number of users.

doesn't mean it has 1m concurrent users, right? but yeah, that is a lot of people playing a demo.

magawolaz

10 minutes intervals are not enough if someone wants to do a race and then the one following that. A race lasts a little more than 5 minutes, with at least three minutes pre-race (matchmaking+warmup) and a minute post-race (results and back to the home screen).
20 minutes gives enough time to do some more quali.

But fear not, there should be more stuff to do once the racing season starts:
(first screen is from the current online manual, second screen is from an old build - but judging by the first screen those Special championships are still there)

Its also a multiplatform shooter, so yeah.

Xbox was half the player base of PS4, and PC was not even close. That is safe to assume it was near 3 million on PS4 alone. 1 million is not a lot for a AAA open beta on a single platform, especially the one with the biggest install base and a massive platform exclusive franchise.

Angst

It's official: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_5216749.html

We will extend the end of the Open Beta Test by 1 day to the following schedule:

・End of Open Beta Test
Oct. 13, 2017 (Friday) 14:00 PDT

In line with this extension, the hosting of daily races will also be extended as follows:
・Daily Race Extension
Oct. 12, 2017 (Thurs.) 08:00 PDT ~ Oct. 13, 2017 (Friday) 14:00 PDT

Please continue to enjoy the Gran Turismo Sport Open Beta Test.

Memento

Xbox was half the player base of PS4, and PC was not even close. That is safe to assume it was near 3 million on PS4 alone. 1 million is not a lot for a AAA open beta on a single platform, especially the one with the biggest install base and a massive platform exclusive franchise.

It is a 43GB demo

It is an achievement on itself that 1 million people took time to download it

Yes, but that beta was available on 3 systems, during the weekend, half the size of GT Sports and most importantly a third person shooter.

Racing games aren't as popular anymore.

GT is in its own league in terms of sales. It always out performs. I think GTS will sell gang busters. Just saying, 1 million for open beta downloads is not notable for a AAA game, even on a single platform.

GT is in its own league in terms of sales. It always out performs. I think GTS will sell gang busters. Just saying, 1 million for open beta downloads is not notable for a AAA game, even on a single platform.

Also he says 1 million users off the bat.

Seriously though, I'm not sure how 1 million users is not notable here for an AAA racing game.

Top Bottom