• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

bud

just gave up the lead i had from the very beginning of the mazda race on brands hatch in the last twenty seconds or so.

i panicked.

no.

Played PCars2 amd GTS back to back today and I can't believe how wrong I was. I must have been remembering PCars2 with the rosiest rose-tinted glasses ever, because GTS looks better by a significant margin (ps4 pro vs pcars2 maxed out with AA on PC) and, IMO, it has better handling/grip simulation as well.

PCars2 has better collisions, more cars and modes, more real tracks and environmental conditions and whatnot but overall I enjoy the pure racing much more in GTS and that's what matters most to me. I absolutely cannot wait to experience this handling simulation in VR.

Gold_Loot

Good afternoon! So after being somewhat let down by PC2 I decided to give this demo a fair shot. Needless to say, this game won me over pretty fast. I love how this game feels with a T300 wheel. Question about sport mode yet since I haven’t really dabbled in it-

Driving assists : I prefer to play with expert settings enabled and zero driving assists (all set to zero). Are they going to have rooms with these rules only? Or is it basically free for all?

Gestault

Is there a reason that the "advanced" driving default still has things like auto-braking and artificial stability management enabled? Is that a glitch? I know individual car settings are separate, but some of this stuff was weird for that option.

schwupp

i havent used my t150 for a while, but the degrees of rotation seems all wrong with the gt sport demo and i cant find any setting for that ingame. I cant even turn the wheel half way in one direction till it stops recognizing the turn.

anyway to fix it?

Solal

this guy again, haha.

dude, you've been shitting on gt for years. i'm not even exaggerating when i say that. YEARS. why do you keep coming back? i don't get this obsession. i don't get why you get so worked up over something you clearly don't give a shit about.

Yes. I know. I too wish PD worked a bit faster. ;-)

Anyway: enjoy the game mate.

Makikou

Found that one thing that'll keep me coming back for years to come, and its not just the rewarding gameplay

SPORTSMANSHIP RATING

I surely hope PD changes how SR is effected in certain situations. I hate taking a demerit because a jerk slides across the track and clips my rear quarter panel.

Please, tell me how you're going to figure out an algorithm that can figure out which player was at fault?

even iRacing works like this: Both drivers get penalized for a collision.

88random

The best thing about new GT is that I can finally drive a Porsche :) Also, Lake Maggiore is amazing.

36987962913_a945b2d65c_h.jpg

Please, tell me how you're going to figure out an algorithm that can figure out which player was at fault?

even iRacing works like this: Both drivers get penalized for a collision.

Yeah, I can understand the concept.

Isn't it something in racing that if it's clear someone is faster than you and encroaching on your racing line, you move out of the way? Both drivers hold that responsibility.

Rodelero

Found that one thing that'll keep me coming back for years to come, and its not just the rewarding gameplay

SPORTSMANSHIP RATING

I surely hope PD changes how SR is effected in certain situations. I hate taking a demerit because a jerk slides across the track and clips my rear quarter panel.

I think you need to understand how this system is intended to work. Don't worry too much about it moment to moment, it's a system that works in the long term. Simply put, if you are causing crashes you will consistently lose SR, but if you are involved through no fault of your own it will be relatively unusual. The bad drivers will fall and the clean drivers will rise, and in the end it will be okay.

This isnt something that is designed to work well day one. A few weeks in though and things will be a lot better.

Finally drove on Maggiore, I can see why the hype is. The track is fantastic with elevation changes and fast swooping corners. Probably my second favorite track in demo now behind Interlagos.

bombshell

I think you need to understand how this system is intended to work. Don't worry too much about it moment to moment, it's a system that works in the long term. Simply put, if you are causing crashes you will consistently lose SR, but if you are involved through no fault of your own it will be relatively unusual. The bad drivers will fall and the clean drivers will rise, and in the end it will be okay.

This isnt something that is designed to work well day one. A few weeks in though and things will be a lot better.

Yep, well put.

That is also why I wasn't worried about being demoted to C in SR yesterday from others ramming me. I knew that I just needed to do a couple of clean races where I didn't enter with ambitions of winning the races to be back in B rating and those shithead rammers will forever stay in C or very possibly even lower in D or E. So after some bumps in the road you'll be matched with only clean opponents.

Crayon

The Sr system will not doubt get tweaks here and there but it basically works. I like it, anyhow.

It lends some long term weight to on track incidents. The person braking imposibly late and rear ending others to get through turns is obviously at fault, but both parties involved suffer consequences. Irl that would be physical damage. Here, it's the Sr points.

I like it because I think it will lead to some good social dynamics in the community. It's already very fun, despite seeming infuriatingly unfair at times.

GHG

The Sr system will not doubt get tweaks here and there but it basically works. I like it, anyhow.

It lends some long term weight to on track incidents. The person braking imposibly late and rear ending others to get through turns is obviously at fault, but both parties involved suffer consequences. Irl that would be physical damage. Here, it's the Sr points.

I like it because I think it will lead to some good social dynamics in the community. It's already very fun, despite seeming infuriatingly unfair at times.

You've also got to learn to anticipate contact if you spot a douche. I usually let them pass, because they tend to be shit drivers that will take themselves out into a wall/gravel trap anyway.

Crayon

You've also got to learn to anticipate contact if you spot a douche. I usually let them pass, because they tend to be shit drivers that will take themselves out into a wall/gravel trap anyway.

I just assume everybody's a douche until they prove otherwise. :D

lem0n

Happened to me earlier today when I was doing it. Always refuel for 1 more lap than you need. I learnt the hard way.

I just laughed and saved the recording.
Lesson learned. Thing is, I could almost see myself just restarting the race, it was so enjoyable. What a gem of a game!

Bummer. How much time wasted? I think I'm going to wait for the final game to do all the challenges.
About an hours worth of time. It's an incredible race, if you have the time I definitely suggest trying it out! Like GHG said though, refuel for a lap more than you think you need. That's what I'm taking away from this haha.

Top Bottom