• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

KageMaru

Forza is one of the worst games I've seen in terms of in-game reflections management and I think it stays the same in F7? AI cars do not reflect the environment in real-time, which gives them that cut-out aspect, and the player's car, the only one that does reflect in real time from the external camera, also omits many basic reflections and what it reflects while playing has very little precission. Playing from the cockpit view is much worse since the car body also does not reflect the environment in real-time. All this is very evident when passing under bridges or when entering or leaving some tunnels.

One of the things that make GT reflections unique, apart from looking great in-game, is that they accurately wrap the world over the car, and I mean that you can place the car in a point of the circuit and get an accurate representation of the same real car at that point of the circuit. I also have not seen that in Project Cars where the in-game reflections over the car are weird. People think that by passing under a streetlight and being reflected in the car or when approaching a sign and seeing in detail reflected in the body is already a sign that has good reflections but there are more parameters that shows the attention of detail and quality, aside of resolution and framerate.

There was a similar problem with the sun position and sun shadow projections regarding the real world tracks that does not match in some games. That is a thing that GT games always represent acurately, with limitations but trying to do it well.

All the games you mention use cube maps to reflect the environments. I don't think some of the issues you mentioned will be present in the 1X version as that will feature dynamic cube mapping.

Edit:

It's clear that they are on a hill

Not sure where the confusion is then.

KageMaru

Simple really is that police station sinking into the ground

Yes, clearly the building is sinking in both the game and the real picture presented to you. Certainly couldn't be the case where the road is elevated in relation to the ground the building is on, nope.

dr guildo

Thx everybody for the love you were showing to Pcars2 in the previous page, SMS needed that, even if they aren't following this thread, lol, tribute to them.

Particles'orgy :
37451422130_50f7a6e22a_o.png

37038552763_eca853d3d5_o.png

23855629378_ccaaf32e87_o.png

37660178216_cce1bbfb33_o.png

23855620108_74a480ae96_o.png

37451410300_f88f71d22c_o.png

37660174616_6f1c1e950b_o.png

onQ123

Yes, clearly the building is sinking in both the game and the real picture presented to you. Certainly couldn't be the case where the road is elevated in relation to the ground the building is on, nope.

I'm not talking about in relations to the road & car

dr guildo

You can see edges on GTS too and the texture work is debatable because the tires looks ctrl+C ctrl+V on all on GTS while there are different tires on PC2 with sharper details. Plus far better looking grass and "non adamantium" cars on PC2.

Indeed, you got a winning point here I think.

Demo is offline but I read there is a trick to play it.

Final game is already being shipped.

I want to know if the 11GB patch add/fix something compared with Demo.

Yup, mine's preloaded (with patch) but anything you select brings you right to the countdown. Of course, no idea what's in the patch.

Was looking for new track videos for GTS and saw a new time-of-day comparison between GTS, Driveclub, and PC2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1uhPJvSFk

Seems to me that Driveclub's lighting model still wins out on everything except straight daytime where GTS wins hands-down. Trees in DC desaturate more realistically in the background compared to GTS. GTS probably wins on lights though (tail and headlights).

Pretty impressive for a title from 2014.

onQ123

Was looking for new track videos for GTS and saw a new time-of-day comparison between GTS, Driveclub, and PC2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B1uhPJvSFk

Seems to me that Driveclub's lighting model still wins out on everything except straight daytime where GTS wins hands-down. Trees in DC desaturate more realistically in the background compared to GTS. GTS probably wins on lights though (tail and headlights).

Pretty impressive for a title from 2014.

Driveclub is still something special.

bosseye

Those all still look in line to me.

I copied and pasted one of the previous lines onto the setback, edge, and window line of the building and they all match.

I'm glad you did this as it makes it lovely and clear; but its still slightly sad that you actually had to go to the effort for something that is self explanatory for everyone other than a few wilfully obtuse individuals.

I'm glad you did this as it makes it lovely and clear; but its still slightly sad that you actually had to go to the effort for something that is self explanatory for everyone other than a few wilfully obtuse individuals.

It still won't be clear enough I bet.

Pot Kettle Black?

In what way, exactly? Aren't you the one who was offended by me posting random shots of Forza implying I had an agenda?

Please draw perspective lines in case someone thinks something looks off.

Already got your back.

onQ is clearly just here to lure people into meaningless arguments where he asks you to prove something is right that only he sees as wrong.

KageMaru

Those all still look in line to me.

I copied and pasted one of the previous lines onto the setback, edge, and window line of the building and they all match.

I wonder if he thinks the building is leaning because it doesn't line up with the fence. Would be funny if that were the case.

Pot Kettle Black?

No one is like thelastword, regardless of their preference or opinion. That goes for the console warriors in this thread too. Not that I consider TheAdmiester a fanboy of anything since he's proven to be more level headed than some of the other posters who like to claim any game is on another level.

Top Bottom