• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Confirmed - 2011 In Japan, Winter (Late Dec-March) In The West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yoboman said:
Oh yeah I forgot it came out in Japan quite a bit before... I've lost faith in SE having fast turn arounds though. I suppose two years is a decent amount of time, but I'm not expecting a dramatic shift to non-linearity

And how does what he is saying apply to Versus XIII (if at all)?
It could only logically apply to the next game from that team.

Rpgmonkey

Yoboman said:
And how does what he is saying apply to Versus XIII (if at all)?

I assume he means SE's games going forward.

Meaning the game after Versus would have a two year dev time, FFXIII-2 has two years, the game after The Last Remnant has two years, etc.

Big One

Banned
Saw this on /v/

PPuuA.png

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm guessing this is more of an action game than an RPG.

I kinda predicted it in another thread here though.

Giolon

Uniboob? That outfit's pretty out of place in the FFXIII universe (that we know). If they are gonna pull some FFX-2 "Yuna is a pop star" shit...

angelfly said:
I honestly don't understand the X-2 hate. I'm guessing there are many on GAF not secure enough to appreciate the dress sphere.

Personally I found the lag between selcting an action and having it execute to be completely unstrategic and a big step down from FF-X's excellent turn based system. I didn't much care for the mission based approach or the goofy atmosphere either. Was a huge fan of FFX but the sequel did absolutely nothing for me.

Jex

Plywood said:
Seriously, I like the whole knight type thing going on, wonder if it's a dressphere...
If only. Although there's no need considering you can switch already.

Dambrosi

Banned
What, they failed miserably the first time, so Squeenix are giving them another go? *sigh*

Yes, I think the same of FFX-2
and FFXII International Zodiac System
as well

That doesn't mean either are bad
though Kane & Lynch 2 certainly was

Misterinenja said:
... to Ivalice.

:O
That'd be hot.

Btw, I am disappoint.

I'm enjoying FF XIII right now, but the game is so freaking linear, I think I couldn't digest another on-corridors final fantasy. Unless they change the formula, which would please me much.

Xater said:
After XIII I can't say I am excited for this. :(
For me, I'm the opposite, I didn't enjoy XIII but given all of the criticism it got - SE must be plain retarded to not have XIII-2 be a remedy to some of those issues (towns etc) so I'm very optimistic.

Majukun said:
maybe this time it will be a Jrpg?
or at least resemble a videogame?
I could have sworn FFXIII was a game with all it's battles and the fact that I had a controller in my hand while it was on.

Xater

BlazingDarkness said:
For me, I'm the opposite, I didn't enjoy XIII but given all of the criticism it got - SE must be plain retarded to not have XIII-2 be a remedy to some of those issues (towns etc) so I'm very optimistic.

Maybe, but that would not help me at all. I didn't finish XIII. This game is basically d.o.a. for me.

Acosta

Great outfit, I can't say no to more Lighting (I was a bit underwhelmed by her personality in FF XIII, but I still feel she has a great visual presence.)

I don't care, I'm up for the ride, there was things I liked of XIII and I'm ready to give it another chance.

LowParry

I'm sure that her outfit is something that is used in her transformation summon. I'm seeing a shield in her left hand (or so what it looks like). Perhaps a different variation of her Odin summon?

2mdf7g7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom