• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Homeboyd said:
7th is Firefight.
celebrity_o_faces_17.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
:lol

That would be so lame if you did this. I'm a man of my word, but still.
This ain't The Contest bro.
bobs99 ... said:
Looks like your getting tricked out of a dollar Barrow Roll unless right now we change it to a bet that he wont buy Halo 4 for at least a month out from release.

By the way thats not my money on the line. A dollar is too much effort to make an entire paypal account for lol

Either way it would be pretty torturous to not play the game on day 1 if the hype really gets going for it. I cant wait to see what 343 have planned when it comes to marketing.
They'd really have to pull all stops to get me to want to play the game day 1 without dedi's.
Barrow Roll said:
FRANKIE SAVE ME.

My life savings are on the line here. D:
vFAOi.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
I don't see the correlation?
The Contest was about holding out for over a month, this is about one day. This is getting way to OT by the way.

Something something, forerunner, something something, structure is not natural, something something, dong dong, something something, banshee.

Tunavi

Banned
offtopic question for HaloGAF:
Anyone in Los Angeles area/CA going to LA Rising on Saturday? I heard it may be Rage Against the Machine's last show, so I'm freaking out at the last minute, I gotta see my childhood heros. Wondering if anyone from HaloGAF was going.

PM me if interested.

GhaleonEB

My swag bag. Pretty sure it's the least exciting posted to date, but hey. Swag.

IMG_5560.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

The kids split the toys, my wife is using the shirt as a nightshirt, I'm not sure where the sticker went (I suspect the six year old) and I'll give the soundtrack to someone at PAX if someone wants it. The swag bag itself is awesome and I'll use it at PAX as a, um, swag bag. Glad to have gotten something since they were oversold.

This is what happens when you give a Jackal sniper to six year old girl: unicorn sniper! Watch out!

IMG_5597.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
wwm0nkey said:

He has a point, my narcissisms are out of control.

To be fair to that guy, I DID say Pelican, instead of BumbleBee. I wonder what his record on verbal mishaps would be if he had to talk about Halo 365 days a year. I also called Battle Creek Beaver Creek and occasionally call Truth and Reconcilliation The Silent Cartographer and vice versa.

But they locked the thread so I can't post pictures of myself in it now.

OuterWorldVoice said:

To be fair to that guy, I DID say Pelican, instead of BumbleBee. I wonder what his record on verbal mishaps would be if he had to talk about Halo 365 days a year. I also called Battle Creek Beaver Creek and occasionally call Truth and Reconcilliation The Silent Cartographer and vice versa.

But they locked the thread so I can't post pictures of myself in it now.

The amount you post has been increasing.

and it's awesome.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OuterWorldVoice said:

Stop acting like your human or something.

gawd

Stinkles

Ramirez said:
Midlothian was my favorite story in Evolutions. What the heck is a Bumblebee Escape Pod? >.>

Thing you crash land on Halo in. Also, I did write all of the scripts for Legends, except for one. But he hated it anyway. So that would make it worse, not better. I suspect he might be my wife's alt.

Stinkles

FyreWulff said:
I always liked how Bungie re-used the Bumblebee model for the train on Terminal.
Get thee to the mind blowing video game facts page. If this is true, I did not know this. Another strike against me.

FyreWulff

checkit

terminal_action.gif

slight alterations to make it look more train-y but it's definitely based off the Bumblebee.

edit: now I can't remember where/when I remember realizing this.

FyreWulff

Also this means you guys now have to include Terminal in the CEA map pack

Please please please please I WILL PAY GOOD MONEY

edit: I guess it wasn't mentioned on HBO (no results for "bumblebee train" and none match for "Bumblebee Terminal")

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FyreWulff said:
Also this means you guys now have to include Terminal in the CEA map pack

Please please please please I WILL PAY GOOD MONEY
frP7Y.jpg

Noooo

Halo 4 Terminal remake.

Striker

OuterWorldVoice said:
Get thee to the mind blowing video game facts page. If this is true, I did not know this. Another strike against me.
Please make good asymmetric maps in Halo 4 plz. Or remake all the ones from Halo 2.

2qxq1b5.gif

We've been kicked in the balls by these attempts or lack thereof in Halo 3/Reach.

feel

Except for like 30% of the window and the overall aerodynamic shape, those look almost nothing alike, wtf ya'll smoking..

disclaimer: might need to take a better look, on the gaf webapp atm

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey dooders, get online and tryhard with me. GT = popular revolt.

No mic right now, sorry. :-\

Striker said:
Please make good asymmetric maps in Halo 4 plz. Or remake all the ones from Halo 2.

2qxq1b5.gif

We've been kicked in the balls by these attempts or lack thereof in Halo 3/Reach.
Can we also get some good small symmetric arena type maps?

PNut

Banned
Hey Frankie, since you are the savior for all things Halo, how bout making the Halo 4's mongoose's capable of performing feats like this. Heck, just make vehicles viable again in Halo. That's not too mush to ask it it?

feel

Trasher said:
This is the same kind of easy you guys also use to refer to getting to a Halo 3 level50 or a Reach Onyx top15% = Not easy at all. :lol

Knowing general gaf's f5ing shenanigans from the past, I wouldn't bother involving halogaf with that clusterfuck just to have one or two of us get $100. We should just buy the shirts at our own pace. All I want out of this is for someone going to halofest to buy one (or I can order and send one of them a shirt myself) and have that person take an awkward picture with Frankie while wearing it, to show my momma how far I've made it.

J10

Banned
Last game of the night.

Borrowed K5 sends me a message: "wow 7 kills with armor lock???????? you're terrible kid hahahahahahaha"

Admittedly, I did play terribly that game (I was last on my team, broke even but we won by nine), but I suppose I should have just let all those Ghosts smash into my face over and over.

Not sure why the loser gets to decide who's terrible.

34rsny9.jpg

PNut

Banned
Letters said:
This is the same kind of the easy you guys also use to refer to getting to a Halo 3 level50 or a Reach Onyx top15% = Not easy at all. :lol

Halo 3 50 > Onyx 15%. By a mile. Not even close.

Would buy your t-shirt design though. That'd be easy. :lol

Tunavi

Banned
So I'm going to make an Invasion Pro variant. Spartans spawn with DMR/Sprint all 3 rounds, Elites spawn with Needle Rifles/Evade all 3 rounds. Power weapons still available as pick ups, maybe mix up the objectives a bit. I'm going to need to try this out in customs when its finished. Anyone interested?

Edit: No banshee/Wraith/tank and longer weapon respawn times. Falcon and revenant on Boneyard, a round of assault for the second phase, and take the core out of the refinery.

J10

Banned
Tunavi said:
So I'm going to make an Invasion Pro variant. Spartans spawn with DMR/Sprint all 3 rounds, Elites spawn with Needle Rifles/Evade all 3 rounds. Power weapons still available as pick ups, maybe mix up the objectives a bit. I'm going to need to try this out in customs when its finished. Anyone interested?

Yes.

MrBig said:
You're right about it not being a problem in Halo 1. But you have to put it into context. The BR/DMR took it's role as a long range single shot weapon. There shouldn't be too many weapons in that category. Currently there are two. A third would detract to the gamplay experience more than the DMR's range already does. It would mean players having one weapon with amazing range and damage and one with buffed damage and accuracy in cqc-midrange encounters.

Bigger clip would be a better solution because it would give you that attribute of the H1 magnum and the actual side-arm role of the Reach magnum.
Yeah I agree with this
even if i'd rather the pistol come back in all its glory :)
I'd love to see the pistol clip increased and uber DMR zoom reduced.

Why has the pistols only playlist not come out yet? I would live in it and breathe all of its gun smoke essence.

Top Bottom