• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

urk said:
7. It swelled and grew and filled up with more Jones. We're pulling the trigger on 8/4 now.
It's now a 3 hour feature length film about every dream Bungie has ever crushed and how they plan to crush them in the future

urk said:
7. It swelled and grew and filled up with more Jones. We're pulling the trigger on 8/4 now.
JONESY!

Just finished the Sparkast. Hearing how they're approaching the TU (and Frankie's excitement about it) and the classic vs. new school renditions of the maps in the map pack definitely inflated my hype level. Awesome.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
MrBig said:
It's now a 3 hour feature length film about every dream Bungie has ever crushed and how they plan to crush them in the future

The cut I saw yesterday was about an hour.

Plywood said:
The fact is Barrow Roll is going to owe me a dollar if Halo 4 releases with no dedicated servers because I won't be there day one. You can all pretend that the netcode will ever match a dedicated server but you'll just be lying to yourselves.
Frankie, save me. :C

xxjuicesxx said:
Its not who the BK Cleansing is but what.
But if you make yourself more than just a man,
if you devote yourself to an ideal,
and if they can't stop you...then you become something else entirely.

Trasher

Barrow Roll said:
A cleanser...Mr. Juices.

From Bungie on Facebook:
The 8/2 ViDoc is now the 8/4 ViDoc. Two extra days means 15 extra minutes of Marty shaking his money maker.
If I don't actually see Marty shaking his money maker, I'm gonna be disappoint.

Barrow Roll said:

facebook_like_button1.png

wwm0nkey

darthbob said:
That's good to hear, usually those kind of maps lag like a bitch.
This map actually makes me sad, grass and rocks, not just gray all over the place yet we will never have the option to make something like this :(

darthbob

wwm0nkey said:
This map actually makes me sad, grass and rocks, not just gray all over the place yet we will never have the option to make something like this :(

Never see it in MM either.

Ah well, I do wish we had more/better choices for aesthetics in Forge, but alas...

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Those rocks look pretty gray to me bro

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
All of the content that IGN offers during Halo Fest will also be available on Halo Waypoint pretty quickly.

Partly yes. There were some messaging changes that necessitated keeping in the oven a little bit longer. :)

Cool. That's great to hear.

urk said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.........wait......More Jones......SCHWEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urk said:

*Spits out tea* An hour? SO GLORIOUS!!!!!

GhaleonEB

_woLf said:
>1000 kills on Outpost

Too bad that map hasn't been an option all damn day
Play Firefight Doubles. You get 8 voting rounds, one for each map (unless Unearthed is the first). Only one other dude means you get more kills/game to boot.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thagomizer said:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lms5kfsGso1qcab1i.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I told Barrow Roll I wouldn't be buying/playing Halo 4 day one if it does not have dedicated servers. He said he bets me a dollar that I will totally buy it even if it doesn't have dedi's day one.

He's a debt man walking.

Plywood said:
I told Barrow Roll I wouldn't be buying/playing Halo 4 day one if it does not have dedicated servers. He said he bets me a dollar that I will totally buy it even if it doesn't have dedi's day one.

He's a debt man walking.
I wanna know why Kenshiro looks all new and shiny.

Plywood said:

He's a debt man walking.

It would cost me more to actually ship you the dollar so im not even going to go there but are you really going to put purchasing it off, even if it looks REALLY good? I get the feeling once the hype kicks in you will be a debt man walking. :p

Buying it second day doesnt count, that would be cheap.

urk said:

Wow, thats going to be a ton of content, cant wait.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
I wanna know why Kenshiro looks all new and shiny.
Someone made a vector of the original.
bobs99 ... said:
It would cost me more to actually ship you the dollar so im not even going to go there but are you really going to put purchasing it off, even if it looks REALLY good? I get the feeling once the hype kicks in you will be a debt man walking. :p

But it does, as it's part of the deal.

I don't care how shiny the thing is either.

bobs99 ... said:

Paypal.

But yeah, that's what I predict too. Or he'll look at his friend list and see everyone everyone playing Halo 4 and he'll be forever alone.

That said, I want dedicated servers in Halo 4 as well. I never want to see a black screen host switch ever again.

Plywood said:
:lol

That would be so lame if you did this. I'm a man of my word, but still.

Barrow Roll said:
Paypal.

But yeah, that's what I predict too. Or he'll look at his friend list and see everyone everyone playing Halo 4 and he'll be forever alone.

That said, I want dedicated servers in Halo 4 as well. I never want to see a black screen host switch ever again.

Plywood said:
Someone made a vector of the original.

I don't care how shiny the thing is either.

Looks like your getting tricked out of a dollar Barrow Roll unless right now we change it to a bet that he wont buy Halo 4 for at least a month out from release.

By the way thats not my money on the line. A dollar is too much effort to make an entire paypal account for lol

Either way it would be pretty torturous to not play the game on day 1 if the hype really gets going for it. I cant wait to see what 343 have planned when it comes to marketing.

bobs99 ... said:
Looks like your getting tricked out of a dollar Barrow Roll unless right now we change it to a bet that he wont buy Halo 4 for at least a month out from release.
FRANKIE SAVE ME.

My life savings are on the line here. D:

Homeboyd

I know someone will likely throw something heavy at my head for suggesting this...

But..

What about collecting more community map remakes from FW and Tempest and launching a separate playlist labeled "Community Classic" alongside the Anniversary Classic playlist? There are a ton of great remakes out there that never saw MM (that are unbelievably good) that would be nice to see in MM with the updated (TU) classic gameplay. I realize everyone will want to play the 6 new maps for a while but it would be nice to get a good start with community remakes that are already available as well.

Depending on what the other 2 remakes are, we could easily fill a majority of the rest of the slots with community remakes. The reason Im suggesting a separate playlist for these maps should be obvious.. but it would still be nice to see some of these kick-ass remakes in MM with some old-fashioned gameplay settings.

I know.. One step at a time. But Im sure our lovely community would be happy to get a jump start on this project should it be asked of us.

doit

Willeth

LunaticPuma said:
I asked this in the CEA Terminal trailer thread, but I should probably post it here. Why are there only 6 monitors for 7 Halo installations? Or am I miscounting?
This is a valid question and I'm surprised no-one's replied. 343 Guilty Spark is the monitor for Installation 04 and 2401 Penitent Tangent is the monitor for Installation 05, but they're the only monitors in this role that we know of. I'm hoping Anniversary's terminals will show the others and give a bit of background in this regard.

The scene we see could be of any point in time. Monitors can die and be damaged, or it might just be that they're meeting to build the seventh, or anything.

MrBig

There's no reason Reflection can't be added to make it 7. Under classic settings there aren't any fundamental changes. It just wouldn't show up for people playing from the CEA disc.

Any community remakes should not be integrated at first. I want to play the new stuff.

Top Bottom