• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pennsylvania has the best snackfoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

Did this thread start because of the old sheetz thread?

Anyway Original Hot Dog Shop has good fries not good hot dogs

Primanti Bros. is not as good as people make it out to be (Crap bread ALWAYS)

Snyder chips you cool

Tasty Kakes you cool

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Moving to the NYC area from Boston a few years ago got me closer to home (Philly) and closer to that sweet, sweet Wawa.

I can only get it about half way down NJ and when I'm down The Shore... but I love it something fierce. Coffee, sandwiches on the go... everything.

Wawa is a religion in Bucks County.

TheExodu5

Banned
Phobophile said:
Yeah those are like generic supermarket chips. President's Choice was the house brand for Jewel in Chicago like during the 90s.

President's Choice is anything but generic supermarket food nowadays. They've gotten a hell of a lot better over the last decade or so. They make some damned good shit.

If I go to buy something, and there's _____ brand vs. President's Choice, it's President's Choice all the way. (except for soft drinks)

I almost forgot about one of my favorite sodas.

f5ea953d_vbattach402692.jpg

Retro

Much love for the mention of Wawa, beats the shit out of any convenience store I've ever seen. I still tend to go to 7-11 though for Slurpees (Icee sucks).

Did you grow up chowing down on these?

ijxvJo.jpg

Pissed they were discontinued?

Try these:

ij1K5K.jpg

Don't live here?

ijwPLs.jpg

Some Wal-marts carry them (my brother has seen them occasionally as far west as Indiana), or you can order here: http://www.utzsnacks.com/store/c-12-cheese-snacks.aspx

And I can assure you the taste is *identical*. These were easily my favorite snack food as a kid, so when they were discontinued it was kind if irritating. Then I moved out to the Mid-atlantic and found these puppies...

This are what childhood tastes like for me. /sniff

Remember to thank Retro when you're stuffing your face with awesome.

Can someone post pics of those potato donuts with the slightly papery outside with the delicious cream filling? Used to buy them near Philly at Amish markets. God I miss them :(.

Also no one posting Genny Light can pics? :p.

Yep, Utz cheese balls are the cheese based crunchy treat of the gods. I actually recall someone here saying they tasted like the Planters ones of old, and I bought a bag a few months ago. They really do taste like them!

This thread rules. I wasn't even aware we were allowed to bring BEER into the equation, which brings this thread into god teir status.

Troegs (from my hometown), Victory, Weyerbacher, Bavarian Barbarian, Swashbuckler, Stoudt's, Yuengling, and many more. PA rules for beer.

BriareosGAF said:
Can someone post pics of those potato donuts with the slightly papery outside with the delicious cream filling? Used to buy them near Philly at Amish markets. God I miss them :(.
I actually called my mother and brainstormed with her this morning to try to remember these. Apparently they were Maier's donuts, and they got bought out by some Canadian agribusiness corp which shut down their sweets related products :(. So sad.

regs

Also don't forget:

naturalwieners.jpg

If you've ever been north of Pittsburgh (Erie, Meadville) you'll find Smith's hot dogs which are fucking AMAZING. I get them shipped out to California they're so good. You can also get them in Pittsburgh now at Pengiuns games.

This is also the best Chips/Popcorn ever, the BBQ Chips are to die for.

Troyer-Farms.jpeg

Sadly I think Lays may have bought them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom