• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louis CK's FX show “Louie” – Season 2 – on every Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
louie said:
Did anyone else catch the boom mic that came into shot when Louie and the other comedian were talking about water?

Yeah my girlfriend caught it right away. It's really obvious too. It goes right over his head. Wonder why they didn't reshoot it?

Stumpokapow said:
Yeah my girlfriend caught it right away. It's really obvious too. It goes right over his head. Wonder why they didn't reshoot it?
'Cause most people don't give a shit and neither does Louis, probably. A few episodes ago there was the really obvious green jacket error as well.

AnkitT

Great episodes! The first one was brilliantly funny, but I liked the second one more because of a more personal slice of life sort of thing(plus Stanhope).

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Battersea Power Station said:
'Cause most people don't give a shit and neither does Louis, probably. A few episodes ago there was the really obvious green jacket error as well.

Louie is the kind of director who is meticulous and makes his show look as good as possible, but won't let a low boom mic or something keep him from using a good take. It's an interesting philosophy.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Spire said:
I wonder if Eddie is based on any one person.

I was wondering that too, the disturbing part was it was almost Stanhope being himself at times there :|

EDIT: Also this is the first point where i lost it in the first episode:
d5n1g.png

Anteater

Both episodes were really great, Louie's fantasy of the elevator girl was hilarious, holy shit :lol

Love the eddie episode too. God I hope this show never ends.

sixghost

I was a little disappointed that the host of the Fox News show that Louie was on(the actual host of Red Eye on Fox News) wasn't written more like his real self. Even though he's on Fox News, he's actually pretty funny most of the time on that show. It seems a little weird that they would get that guy, and just have him play it straight. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he was the only person from that entire network that would return the calls.

I'm really starting to love this show though.

Ep. 2 (or ep. 9) made me realize that he'll end up directing full length movies eventually. I even imagined his first movie, a tragicomedy somewhere between Woody Allen and (the early) Kevin Smith.

/also liked both eps, obviously.

Phantast2k said:
Ep. 2 (or ep. 9) made me realize that he'll end up directing full length movies eventually. I even imagined his first movie, a tragicomedy somewhere between Woody Allen and (the early) Kevin Smith.
With a heavy dose of Darren Aronofsky.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Phantast2k said:

His first major movie already exists. It's called Pootie Tang and he got fired from it. He didn't jive well with the studio system.

Balehead

I liked both episodes but neither blew me away like some previous ones. Season 2 seems to be a bit weaker for me overall. I'm glad someone has the balls to make sad tv shows, it's really refreshing. Feels like many of the episodes could be from some other TV show if you removed the final act. "Come on, God" could be straight from Californication if
Louie did her in the end
and I'm so happy these episodes never end that way. BTW, I like the tragic/awkward parts more often that the stand-up.

Phantast2k said:

or Pootie Tang 2.

Both episodes were great.

"Come On, God" is neck and neck with "Palestinian Chicken" in the contest for funniest television episode of the summer (maybe even the entire calendar year).

RevDM

Banned
Holy shit

I just noticed in the opening credits that while Louie is eating at the pizza place, some dude walks by and flicks off the camera and Louie's eyes locks onto the guy as he walks away with a "dude, wtf" look that entirely embodies Louie CK

big ander

RevDM said:
Holy shit

I just noticed in the opening credits that while Louie is eating at the pizza place, some dude walks by and flicks off the camera and Louie's eyes locks onto the guy as he walks away with a "dude, wtf" look that entirely embodies Louie CK
Yep. I think that not many people noticed it until CK mentioned it in an interview. Was entirely unplanned, some dick just thought it would be hilarious to get in whatever they were filming and Louis thought it was perfect.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
big ander said:
Yep. I think that not many people noticed it until CK mentioned it in an interview. Was entirely unplanned, some dick just thought it would be hilarious to get in whatever they were filming and Louis thought it was perfect.
I love the little miracles that find their way into entertainment.

Both great eps, but the conversation outside the car to end the 2nd one.....SO well done. The writing, and that camera placement. This show is something else.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
The second episode blew me away. This is truly a rare gem of a show. I applaud Louie (and to an extent, FX) for bringing something refreshing and original to TV.

GloveSlap

The end of the second episode had me tearing up a little. The subway dream sequence a few weeks backs did the same thing, such a good show.

I was just browsing his IMDb page and it caught my eye that he's been personally nominated for no less than five awards at the upcoming Emmys... Astonishing, but so deserved.

Pd9jg.jpg

Copernicus said:
You've never met a crazy Christian girl apparently.
Met several.

But they would never invite him up to their suite let alone talk to him in their underwear with their legs showing, etc.
The only thing I'll concede is the voice but it still was stylized for comedic effect.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Uhhhhh, great episodes, but Eddie was something else. It's powerful and hits close to home, especially since you can relate to either Eddie or Louis.

The writing of this show was at its best during the last exchange. Everything felt so real; the lines, the pauses, the interjections, the acting. They're far from perfect, they can be goofy, awkward, sometimes like a part of a blooper and I'm waiting for everyone to burst out laughing, but they keep on going, making it even more realistic. This weird dynamic just works.

I cannot express enough how I love this show.

Amir0x

Banned
man this shit is firing on all cylinders. Louie C.K. is cementing himself as one of the greatest comedians ever to live.

bud

he certainly writes the best fart jokes.

i mean, all that build-up and then climaxing with that big ol' fart. honestly, that's fuckin' genius.

Nert

bud said:
he certainly writes the best fart jokes.

i mean, all that build-up and then climaxing with that big ol' fart. honestly, that's fuckin' genius.

The fart joke towards the end of this season's first episode is easily my favorite fart joke ever.

RevDM said:
Holy shit

Wow after seeing all of Season 1 and this seasons eps, that is the first time I noticed the guy giving the camera the finger.

Amir0x said:
man this shit is firing on all cylinders. Louie C.K. is cementing himself as one of the greatest comedians ever to live.
For me he's already been there for a while. There's certainly no standup who makes me laugh harder.

Anteater

Is Louis Ck the director for the episodes?

Man I love the interaction between the characters, and the dialogues they wrote for the show, the music, it's so perfect, the side characters even though they're being casted for an episode, they're so fucking great.

Amir0x

Banned
Granger Danger said:
For me he's already been there for a while. There's certainly no standup who makes me laugh harder.

That's why the word cementing is there - in my opinion, he's been there too. But I think with a show like this, his reputation and abilities has hardened to the point where it's nigh-on indisputable.

He just has a profoundly mature understanding of human nature and the hilarious idiosyncrasies that make us different without necessarily demonizing those differences. It's an amazing quality, especially because Louie C.K. is always so bitter and miserable.

big ander

Anteater said:
Is Louis Ck the director for the episodes?

Man I love the interaction between the characters, and the dialogues they wrote for the show, the music, it's so perfect, the side characters even though they're being casted for an episode, they're so fucking great.
And editor, yes

That "Come on God" episode was fucking great.

fbw75l.gif

That elevator chick was hot. I would of gladly stuffed a bag full of dicks in her.

Anteater

-htownplaya- said:

http://i52.tinypic.com/fbw75l.gif[IMG]

That elevator chick was hot. I would of gladly stuffed a bag full of dicks in her.[/QUOTE]

I didn't care about the elevator chick, god the christian chick and her speech was strangely hot :lol

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
-htownplaya- said:

fbw75l.gif

That elevator chick was hot. I would of gladly stuffed a bag full of dicks in her.

Oh wow yes! That nod and smile is fucking brilliant with the text underneath xD

BigAT

brianjones said:
who was the picture louie was wanking to at the end of "come on, god" ??

the christian chick was adorable even if insane
Someone from MASH? I saw a courtesy acknowledging a picture from MASH in the credits.

I just finished catching up on both episodes. I thought both were absolutely fantastic and managed to do it in their own, incredibly unique ways. Doug Stanhope was amazing, I knew he would be funny but his powerful acting was unexpected.

Spire said:
I wonder if Eddie is based on any one person.
I wondered this as well.

And I wonder how much of it was based on Doug Standhope himself. He is quite the bitter alcoholic childless old comic himself. However, he is much more successful than the guy living out of his car in that episode. And hopefully not as suicidal.

That episode hit me hard.

brianjones said:
who was the picture louie was wanking to at the end of "come on, god" ??

the christian chick was adorable even if insane
Oh jeez . . . you guys are all so young. Loretta Swit from M*A*S*H

It was clearly a throw-back to someone he masturbated to when he was young.
loretta-swit-autograph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom