• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z.O.E. 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ookami-kun said:
Yes it is.

You know what mecha EVA supposedly did but actually better? Zambot 3, and that's decades ago.
The entire point of Eva is a send up to traditional giant robot themes. Of course it shares similar themes with older anime. They are inspired by the works of Tomino and the likes. How that makes it bad I don't know, you really didn't give a reason. Well you did and it was "something older exists HA". Very convincing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seriously, they're apparently "Ultraman" homages but there's a reason the only good mecha-esque Ultraman is called Gridman (a.k.a. Cyber Samurai Squad).

Ugh, anything Gainax makes is shit save for His and Her Circumstances, but hey, anime fans who aren't into mecha are pretty much like that.

Rahxephon91 said:
The entire point of Eva is a send up to traditional giant robot themes. Of course it shares similar themes with older anime. They are inspired by the works of Tomino.

Oh is that the new catchphrase? I thought it was deconstruction of the genre *shudders at that line of thinking*

squall23

Ookami-kun said:
Yes it is.

You know what mecha EVA supposedly did but actually better? Zambot 3, and that's decades ago.
Did you know that Anno's inspiration for Evangelion was Ideon?

Also, all various versions of Shinji suck except for the Super Robot Wars version.

Beth Cyra

Leo being like Shinji is a slap in the face man.

Sure Leo had his issues, but overall was a great character and I spent the whole time I had him insdtead of Dingo in ZOE2, still at least he was badass in good old Vic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Rebuild and Shinji as well but Leo is better then Shinji, plus overall I don't really care for Eva outside of Rebuild, much more of a Rahxephone fan for crazy fucked up mecha stories.

Boss Doggie

squall23 said:
Did you know that Anno's inspiration for Evangelion was Ideon?

Also, all various versions of Shinji suck except for the Super Robot Wars version.

Except Ideon was good.

Also Ultraman.

And Eva characters suck, period.

Boss Doggie

Rahxephon91 said:
How that makes it bad I don't know, you really didn't give a reason. Well you did and it was "something older exists HA". Very convincing.

Zambot 3 (and others) handled it seamlessly, without any shit of ZOMG SYMBOLISM and fetishes.

Krev said:
Eva is awesome. Y'all haters.

If Evangelion was good, it would be Xenogears.

On topic, definitely happy to see this series back. Hopefully my dude Leo is back and not Dingo and his Elly Van Houten knockoff girlfriend.

EDIT: All variations of Shinji suck except SRW and Eva manga version where he grew a pair.

EDIT 2: Gurren Lagann is indeed awesome.

Ookami-kun said:
Ugh, anything Gainax makes is shit save for His and Her Circumstances, but hey, anime fans who aren't into mecha are pretty much like that.
Huh? FLCL, Gunbuster, Diebuster, and Gurren Lagann are great shows.

Ookami-kun said:
Oh is that the new catchphrase? I thought it was deconstruction of the genre *shudders at that line of thinking*
I'm not sure how it can be a deconstruction since it just used the same cliches without attempting to make them seem realistic or kind of stupid.

Boss Doggie

Also, I like it better when Rahxephon was called Raideen.

Rahxephon91 said:
Huh? FLCL, Gunbuster, Diebuster, and Gurren Lagann are great shows.

I'm not sure how it can be a deconstruction since it just used the same cliches without attempting to make them seem realistic or kind of stupid.

FLCL I give you that, the rest are either shitty fanservice (the first two) or having a noisy fanbase with a horribly boring, cliche-ridden show (the last one, which I vehemently hate).

And yes, that's the typical reasoning of EVA fans. It's deconstruction filled with symbolism!!!

rvy said:
gifko_06fevt.gif

Just for the record... who here has finished the PS2 games?
ME! Want on PS360~

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I want to slap anyone who thinks Shinji sucks because he won't 'grow a pair'.
AlphaDragoon said:
Haha, no. Seriously?
Ookami-kun said:
You may be crazy, but at least you like His and Her Circumstances.

Ookami-kun said:
Also, I like it better when Rahxephon was called Raideen.
Yes and I liked Cowboy Bebop when it was Lupin. Or Bubblegum Crisis when it was Blade Runner. Holy Shit! Things get inspired by other things. Who knew?

Ookami-kun said:
Zambot 3 (and others) handled it seamlessly, without any shit of ZOMG SYMBOLISM and fetishes.
What are these others? You mean other Tomino shows? Oh the shows from the dude who is even more unsubtle when it comes to character and plot development then anything in Eva. I sure love Zeta Gundam where everyone feels the need to spout out how they feel.

AlphaDragoon said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's amazing that ZOE is 3DS backwards in that font. Why didn't we see this before? Then we would have known what was coming.... :D

Boss Doggie

Krev said:

You may be crazy, but at least you like His and Her Circumstances.

And I'll Bright Slap you into submission. Shinji SRW isn't sucky because he actually grows a pair and stopped being annoying (after Noa slaps him of course).

And no I'm not. Thank goodness my mecha taste isn't ruined by Gainax.

Krev said:
Haha, no. Seriously?

Haha, yes. Seriously.

Man, I just thought about how salty "some people" are gonna be about this being on a Nintendo console. Gonna be some epic responses in the next few days.

Lesiroth

Mr. E. Yis said:
It's amazing that ZOE is 3DS backwards in that font. Why didn't we see this before? Then we would have known what was coming.... :D
It's just troll ammo for the inevitable cancelling so they could just go and say "We were just writing ZOE backwards."

Boss Doggie

Rahxephon91 said:
Yes and I liked Cowboy Bebop when it was Lupin. Or Bubblegum Crisis when it was Blade Runner. Holy Shit! Things get inspired by other things. Who knew?

What are these others? You mean other Tomino shows? Oh the shows from the dude who is even more unsubtle when it comes to character and plot development then anything in Eva. I sure love Zeta Gundam where everyone feels the need to spout out how they feel.

Yeah I'd rather have it when inspiration doesn't turn into bad-tasting perspiration.

Also, no. I'm not talking about his Gundam or Gainer (*shudder*), I don't even think I'm talking about him.

The five-man ensemble that is dynamically done in Voltes V is much more interesting.

Myansie

I've never played ZOE. If it's a port and it's good I will buy. If it's the 3rd, release the 2nd on PS3 and I'll buy both.

Ookami-kun said:
Yeah I'd rather have it when inspiration doesn't turn into bad-tasting perspiration.

Also, no. I'm not talking about his Gundam or Gainer (*shudder*), I don't even think I'm talking about him.

The five-man ensemble that is dynamically done in Voltes V is much more interesting.
I only mention Tomino, because he is behind Zambot 3.

Gravijah

Takao said:
I liked anime back when it was animated by Walt Disney.

Walt Disney? You mean the ruiner of MECHAS?

Myansie said:
I've never played ZOE. If it's a port and it's good I will buy. If it's the 3rd, release the 2nd on PS3 and I'll buy both.

ZOE1+2 are going to be HD-ified on the PS3/360 already, actually.

squall23

Krev said:
Haha, no. Seriously?
SRW Shinji has evolved enough to tell Kira Yamato to shut up and stop his whining and slap him in the face. That makes him automatically better than all other forms of Shinji.

Boss Doggie

Rahxephon91 said:
I only mention Tomino, because he is behind Zambot 3.

And it's one of his better works. None of the stupid conundrum.

People who are fans of EVA prolly never even watch old mechas.

Beth Cyra

Ookami-kun said:

I still want to know how the man who made Gundam and Zeta Gundam created this thing. I know some people don't like ZZ and all but christ shit was the greatest thing ever compared to Overman King Gainer, some of the most painful moments I have ever had watching anime was during this piece of trash.

jokkir

What if this is just announcing that the ZOE game and/or the Boktai game on the GBA will make it to the ambassador program or something?

Hope it's ZOE 3DS though lol

Boss Doggie

Go look for Xabungle. That's much, MUCH better than King Gainer.

Also the opening is sung by fucking Akira Kushida, a.k.a. Metal Heroes opening singer <3

squall23 said:
SRW Shinji has evolved enough to tell Kira Yamato to shut up and stop his whining and slap him in the face. That makes him automatically better than all other forms of Shinji.

This this this!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Ookami-kun said:

This is true for most Eva fans, but you could say the same for fans of any popular or recent anime.
Eva is my favourite anime and I watch old mecha shows.

Boss Doggie

Krev said:
This is true for most Eva fans, but you could say the same for fans of any popular or recent anime.
Eva is my favourite anime and I watch old mecha shows.

And the fanbase, good god the fanbase. If only I can nuke it.

Same with TTGL. That is a pretty meh show that got noisy because ZOMG SUPER ROBOT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Seriously.

Thoraxes

My power goes out for 5 hours and I come back to this?
Holy shit, best news ever!

Ookami-kun said:

Same with TTGL. That is a pretty meh show that got noisy because ZOMG SUPER ROBOT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Seriously.
Also no, the show is the best.

Ookami-kun said:

I'm not sure how thats connected. Eva is an entry level mech show for a lot of people. It was for me. I don't think it's the deepest shit ever or the best mech show. But it's fine on its own and you have to start somewhere. I've seen plenty of old mech shows. I like Vottoms and Macross just like other fans. I don't really get the venom for Eva.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Ookami-kun said:
Sadly, I agree with you there.
The first half was executed very well. Very refreshing style to it. But yeah, it's definitely overhyped.

squall23 said:

So Shinji turned Kira into Gundam SEED Destiny Kira who killed first and asked questions later? Nice. XD

Krev said:
I'll give Xenogears' story credit for being interesting enough for an RPG, and that's about it.

I give Eva credit for the concept. That's pretty much where it stops.

And whoa, let's not bring good shows like Gurren Lagann into good-natured family friendly Eva dissing. TTGL was definitely not trying to be deep, but it was great for what it was.

Boss Doggie

Thoraxes said:
Also no, the show is the best.

Spoken like a true newbie!

Nothing can match the beauty that is Daimos.

AlphaDragoon said:
And whoa, let's not bring good shows like Gurren Lagann into good-natured family friendly Eva dissing. TTGL was definitely not trying to be deep, but it was great for what it was.

Stop giving me the chills!

Gravijah

Rahxephon91 said:
I'm not sure how thats connected. Eva is an entry level mech show for a lot of people. It was for me. I don't think it's the deepest shit ever or the best mech show. But it's not fine on its own and you have to start somewhere. I've seen plenty of old mech shows. I like Vottoms and Macross just like other fans. I don't really get the venom for Eva.

Everything has a group people who dislike it. Even Super Mario Bros.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Gurren Lagann is a good show and Evangelion is not?
Kids these days.
Rahxephon91 said:
I don't really get the venom for Eva.
People can't stand the arty touches, the atypical character arcs and the protagonist being an often pathetic anti-hero.

Beth Cyra

AlphaDragoon said:
So Shinji turned Kira into Gundam SEED Destiny Kira who killed first and asked questions later? Nice. XD

I give Eva credit for the concept. That's pretty much where it stops.

Great is being very kind. Gurren was alright, however no were near as close to as hyped as it is. And seeing Kamiya's ass plastered every where for so long only made me hate the series even more since people ran the only decent character into the ground.

Boss Doggie

Rahxephon91 said:
I'm not sure how thats connected. Eva is an entry level mech show for a lot of people. It was for me. I don't think it's the deepest shit ever or the best mech show. But it's fine on its own and you have to start somewhere. I've seen plenty of old mech shows. I like Vottoms and Macross just like other fans. I don't really get the venom for Eva.

Entry stuff is fine. What I hate is how people treat it like it's some second coming of jeebus especially when it pales in comparison to other shows. Hilariously enough it happens to shows related to Gainax that it's more than coincidental.

Krev said:
Gurren Lagann is a good show and Evangelion is not?
Kids these days.

Or people have different opinions other than yours. Shocker.

Eyeh4wk said:
I never played any of the games, but I want to know what is this for?

The cockpit (yeah, I know bad pun on Kojima's part).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom